Jim

[TC11] Technic Contest Battle Bots - Discussion Topic

Yepp, that is my conclusion too: never mind about the categories. In the evening me and my excel sheet will be busy. :grin:

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I didn't even think about if a bot was sbrick or pf. Just did my usual of voted for what I liked. Some good entries again!

That's exactly what we need :sweet: :thumbup:

I quickly prepared a voting chart for easier overview for myself, maybe there are freaks like me (engineers who like structures and categorized details :grin:), who are interested in it, here you are. 

DISCLAIMER: Please note, I DO NOT want to influence anybody, these are my personal perspectives, feel free to modify, remove/add, whatever (AutoSum must be corrected if somebody adds extra columns). Dear Admins, if You feel this questionable, please remove this comment. :classic:

Listen to your heart! :wink:

Edited by agrof

36 minutes ago, agrof said:

I quickly prepared a voting chart for easier overview for myself, maybe there are freaks like me (engineers who like structures and categorized details :grin:), who are interested in it, here you are. 

DISCLAIMER: Please note, I DO NOT want to influence anybody, these are my personal perspectives, feel free to modify, remove/add, whatever (AutoSum must be corrected if somebody adds extra columns). Dear Admins, if You feel this questionable, please remove this comment. :classic:

Listen to your heart! :wink:

Well that is empty and just simplify the work of others (yes voting criteria as liveliness to win a battle are not ther) but the lack of some criteria is not proper influence I think :wacko:

But thanks really helpful!

Of course it is empty, I will not reveal my points - that would be totally influencing. :classic:

Likeness for winning a battle relies on many criteria - and also very subjective conception, which I tried to rip up (maneuverability, robustness, strength and working of the weapon, self righting). The pointing system is also appends on You (for me the fun factor scores double points), as mentioned, these are just my perspectives, feel free to stretch it for your needs. :wink: Or just make an intuitive decision.

Edited by agrof

@agrof Woah! after that elaborate excel file i come out on top? it is sturdy and fast, but i guess the fun factor you added was the main score for me? ;) Thanks alot!

I never expected to get 10 points from anyone since its such a basic design, but i am glad you see beyond this! 

p.s. all please use agrof's format ;D

23 minutes ago, Marxpek said:

p.s. all please use agrof's format ;D

Even if it is a joke, please don't. Only if you would like.

I am doubtful anyone will vote for my bot. I have a limited supply and wanted in for the fun of it!!

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

I am doubtful anyone will vote for my bot. I have a limited supply and wanted in for the fun of it!!

I mean if you do not want me to vote for your bot, that makes my job a little easier :laugh: 

This contest has a lot of great contestants. I am excited to the the results in a week or 2 

I didn't mean that. I also wouldn't know what to do with a extra claas.

Everyone has A opinion of themself

Edited by Aventador2004

On second thought I could sell it and buy the 42066

Edited by Aventador2004

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

That's the main thing that matters to me.

12 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I also wouldn't know what to do with a extra claas.

You could keep it for the parts.

@agrof That's a really nice chart, great work.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

I i win i would certainly build @Marxpek bot and film some fight, I love that bot and already almost built it, also xerion wheels are really useful for trial trucks (one of the few wheels without a contiguous rubber surface that doesn't grip on dirt) and I will finally perform well near real rc trial trucks!

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I have a limited supply and wanted in for the fun of it!!

That's exactly the spirit we are looking for. Respect my friend!

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I also wouldn't know what to do with a extra claas.

Expand your limited supply obviously :laugh: :tongue:

56 minutes ago, PKW said:

I i win i would certainly build @Marxpek bot and film some fight, I love that bot and already almost built it

Thank you, that is a a big compliment to me! As you already might know my parts are limited as well, but getting others exited with my design despite that; my goal in this contest is met!

Since it's a simple design a lot of people will be able to replicate and try their own fights with their bots (however you do need an s-brick to make it controllable, digital file available, but far from perfect, first attempt at LDD, will improve it later)

I know the contest says we shouldn't destroy our Lego, but secretly we all want to try our bots! 

58 minutes ago, Marxpek said:

(however you do need an s-brick to make it controllable, digital file available, but far from perfect, first attempt at LDD, will improve it later)

I know the contest says we shouldn't destroy our Lego, but secretly we all want to try our bots! 

I'll try to control it via ir, I think only skill is required (i'm rc-anything driver/racer since I was a child) because I was able to drive sbrick with 100% and I really can't stand no physical feedback

Well.. can't say how many liftarms/exposed gearing i've broked due to too strong spinning weapon 

1 minute ago, PKW said:

Well.. can't say how many liftarms/exposed gearing i've broked due to too strong spinning weapon 

I did 2 Lego rc speed records, with and without steering, i broke so many pieces i stopped counting, even on video.. 

Without s-brick; steering with the big ir transmitter for control (you really need to reduce power for steering) and a small remote on the same channel (fast full power output) for straight forward, spinning and slamming might work. but the s-brick will be a lot easier, since you cannot time the sequences incorrectly with that. 

@Jim I just got a claas for that reason. 

5 hours ago, Jim said:

That's exactly the spirit we are looking for. Respect my friend!

Expand your limited supply obviously :laugh: :tongue:

Thanks!!

Edited by Aventador2004

Has anyone noticed that the really powerful bots aren't getting many votes?

It seems the contest isn't how it was thought to be.

I vote "as if these were real bots". And if these were real bots, then the large bots go against the large bots. As a result, size does effectively not matter. But it's also Lego, and I admire certain types of Lego builds over others.

I made a top 6, but haven't decided the order within that yet.

Edited by Erik Leppen

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I think people are more likely to vote for something that looks good or is technically interesting over something that is powerful but perhaps not as good looking. It's even like this in the list of voting criteria in the first post of this topic:

1. Good looking
  2. Properly working signature move
  3. Likeliness to win the battle

(These criteria are not in the first post of the voting topic by the way, maybe they should be added?)
Also, people's opinion on what is the most powerful bot can vary wildly of course.

I read an idea from someone (I'm sorry I forgot where and who) who suggested we make a competition with brackets to determine a winner that way. It didn't end up in this contest but you could still set it up outside of here. It would however probably require quite some time and multiple voting rounds, but I think it could be fun to discuss which bot would win out of specific matchups. You could even use the result of this contest as a way for seeding those matchups. 

Edited by Rennuh

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

What do you mean with powerful bots? I may can help with this "noticed" though, also some contestants are really close with points, there will be a real fight to choose who will be the winner, keep voting! 

Also Jim contest are usually publicised in the front page, why not this time?

26 minutes ago, PKW said:

What do you mean with powerful bots? I may can help with this "noticed" though, also some contestants are really close with points, there will be a real fight to choose who will be the winner, keep voting!

Also Jim contest are usually publicised in the front page, why not this time?

i mean son of aminnich, maximum impact, and regicide.

i mean this not to degrade either of your bots rennuh and pkw. both of your bots are awsome!!