Rustinidiel

Tie-Transport moc help

Hi, i'm working on a Moc but i got a serious problem:

I'm trying to make a Tie ship (imperial ofcourse) that it can have 5 seats, one for the pilot and 4 for the troopers.

i can't imagine how this ship can be built, i mean the main core... i have modified the Sith Fury Class Interceptor, the Tie Bomber, the Tie Striker, but noone o theese make me say "hell yeah, this ship is awesome!"

if anyone have some ideas or can give to me a inspiration for make this moc, i really appreciate it.

i use LDD for planning the initial design

for the cockpit i think to use the 75150 design, and for now i not want to think about the wings (they are a second step for creating this moc)

thanks to all the community for the help

Have you seen the TIE Shuttle that transports the Death Troopers to the surface of Scarif in Rogue One?  Sounds like it'd be about right for your purposes...

20 minutes ago, Blip said:

Have you seen the TIE Shuttle that transports the Death Troopers to the surface of Scarif in Rogue One?  Sounds like it'd be about right for your purposes...

I agree! This one:

fqFiQ3q.jpg

The Tie Boarding Craft, the only Tie in the current canon seen carrying regular Stormtroopers, looks almost identical to a Tie Bomber.

Edited by Forresto

The official name of this ship is the TIE Reaper. I'm keen to do a version but there is not a lot of good reference out there. These are the best I've found

625x465_17465451_10243339_1485572556.jpg

latest?cb=20170126055154

MysteryTIE.JPG

MysteryTIE2.JPG

MysteryTIE3.JPG

I was just watching Rogue One last night and was thinking this is cool ship that would look good in Lego.

I started an LDD file, but, won't upload till complete. Not sure how accurate it will be since resource material is scarce. 

I will post when done.

Jamie

the Tie Boarding Craft is cool, is similar to Tie Bomber, but, in Lego design i can't find the way to put the 4 stormtrooper inside... the structure inside not allow to have a lot of space...

the Tie Reaper is very cool, a bit "not canon" but i dont care...

i will try to make this design and post the result... if someone create this before me, please post it.

and if you all want post your ideas for a Tie-Transport, thanks a lot

Not sure what you mean by non-canon, it's in Rogue One after all. @roadstermatt yes that's a pretty good picture in the art book but I think the final version was a little different... hard to say.

Cool ship though, I started sketching it out in LDD in micro scale. 

Edited by Joemmo

2 hours ago, Joemmo said:

Not sure what you mean by non-canon, it's in Rogue One after all.

I think the canon is the Lucas vision of the Star Wars universe... the new Disney ships design is cool, but with different taste, different vision.

maybe I used the wrong words when I said "non-canon"... sorry for that.. "not old school" maybe was a better definition :classic:

anyway i trying to imagine an "old school" troop transport ship based on the Tie Series.. this is the main problem

the Tie Boarding Craft is the nearest of my concept, but in effective creation, with minifig scale, i think is not properly easy to design to have 4 seats and a pilot... someone had created one?

Edited by Rustinidiel

Well, I had a few hours to kill, so I worked on this!! It's not perfect, it needs a little fine tuning and I have to work on some of the lines. But, certainly a pretty good start!!

death_trooper_transport.jpg

I cheated for time and used the wings from the TIE Striker, thanks Lomis!! I did however make them longer!!

death_trooper_transport_1.jpg

I tried to match the lines from the white models Joemmo posted. 

death_trooper_transport_2.jpg

This background in LDD works well for a Scarif backdrop. 

death_trooper_transport_3.jpg

There was plenty of room in the front part of the ship with that long slope to I added a pilot and stormtrooper. Not sure if it is canon, probably not, but, I figured the stormtrooper can be a gunner?

death_trooper_transport_4.jpg

Without wings and guns. I couldn't get the angles right to attach the back wing to the side wings. So, i cheated again!!Should be a lot easier in real bricks to make that connection!! Also, I need to move the back wing back a little.

death_trooper_transport_5.jpg

Room for 4 Death Troopers!! The ramp opens from the back. 

The LXF is in my Brickshelf gallery.

Thanks, Jamie

Edited by jamie75

this is my first try to do the Tie_Boarding_Craft. is a prototype in two version: Tie_Striker based and custom 75150 cockpit design.

the top is open for now because in the finisched design i want a cover to open and close for manage the troopers inside.

any suggestion?

i have the .lxf but i dont know how to post it...

Boarding_Craft_01.jpg

Boarding_Craft_02.jpg

15 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

I think the canon is the Lucas vision of the Star Wars universe... the new Disney ships design is cool, but with different taste, different vision.

maybe I used the wrong words when I said "non-canon"... sorry for that.. "not old school" maybe was a better definition :classic:

anyway i trying to imagine an "old school" troop transport ship based on the Tie Series.. this is the main problem

the Tie Boarding Craft is the nearest of my concept, but in effective creation, with minifig scale, i think is not properly easy to design to have 4 seats and a pilot... someone had created one?

@Rustinidiel Ah I see what you mean :) Yes, it's a nice design but it does feel more 'First Order' than Imperial to me. 

To post an .lxf the best way is to host it somewhere like google drive or dropbox and share the link

45 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@Rustinidiel use clips to create an opening cockpit. I personally prefer the one on the right, but you may need to remove the floating Technic brick in order for them to be able to see.

the floating technic brick needs to be there because i use the "module" method to create my crafts, or easy disassembling... in order to have 2 wings, one cockpit, one close cockpit and 2 crew module connected all together with technic pins

Oh okay. Then you'll remove it when you build the cockpit. I see :classic:

But Technic pins alone may not be strong enough to hold it. You might need other methods of bracing.

22 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh okay. Then you'll remove it when you build the cockpit. I see :classic:

But Technic pins alone may not be strong enough to hold it. You might need other methods of bracing.

maybe my english is bad... i was mean that: when the model will be complete, i will have the cockpit with 3 pin on the back, 2 upside and one downside, and i will connect the cockpit to the crew model with theese pins and the technic brick, floating for now...

is the same thing u can see reading the instructions of the tie advanced in the 75150 set... i think is a easy type of connection of modules

19 minutes ago, Rustinidiel said:

I'm near to finish the Tie_Boarding_Craft... and for now it's near 1000 bricks :look:

That's a lot of bricks! I look forward to seeing the results

finally i've finished the first prototype of the Tie_Boarding_Craft!

now i'll work on the engines, but i've not idea how they will be...

i need manage some parts, because for now the model is around 1000 pieces :look:

comment the result, please

idont know how to post a image... the attachment space is around 100k... for this i give you the link of google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynHx16UNsXrdlZoaExaVUdaTFE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynHx16UNsXrNXBuMHBCd0trTjA

Edited by Rustinidiel

2 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

For the Tie_Striker_Dropship i found this video

http://ytpaki.com//watch/JwWTZK9jknU

Yeah, that one much better than the one I did!! Mine doesn't have any play features. But, his doesn't have the slants on the sides of the body. 

On 2/22/2017 at 8:01 PM, Rustinidiel said:

finally i've finished the first prototype of the Tie_Boarding_Craft!

now i'll work on the engines, but i've not idea how they will be...

i need manage some parts, because for now the model is around 1000 pieces :look:

comment the result, please

idont know how to post a image... the attachment space is around 100k... for this i give you the link of google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynHx16UNsXrdlZoaExaVUdaTFE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BynHx16UNsXrNXBuMHBCd0trTjA

you should use flickr or a site to host photos, then copy the bbcode and paste it in your text.(i reccomned flickr) your model is nice and quite compact! wonder how'd you get to 1000 pcs?

i also built a tie boarding shuttle, if you like,use it as refrence.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/151887-wipmoc-tie-variants/&_fromLogout=1