Hello All,

Since we now have tractor tires, let's build some tractors!

Here is my version of the Case 620 HD farm tractor, rated at 620 hp and designed for large farms:

First, the real thing:

case-ih-steiger-620.jpg

Now the Lego version:

620wduals.jpg

This tractor features 4 pneumatic remotes, as well as pneumatic steering controlled by a servo and switch. Other features include seperate PTO, drawbar, recovery cable, opening hood and pivoting center section.

It is driven by one XL motor, and the pto and air pump are powered by M motors. There wasn't room under the hood for two receivers, so an sbrick is used to control all functions.

Additional pics:

img_0046-2.jpg

img_0057-2.jpg

img_0062-2.jpg

img_0066-2.jpg

img_0052.jpg

Short video clip of steering:

Thanks for looking, other pics and LXF file are available at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=568801

Brick_Sticker

Edited by Brick_Sticker
fixed links (i think)

I always love the tractors builders made, and this is no exception, very well done.  The tractor looks great.  Do you have plans to build any implements for it? 

Edited by aminnich

Worshipful competitor of the CLAAS, captured really well, I really like the linkage solutions for the steering! :thumbup:

I would only add some detailing to the cabin. Maybe in this case (!!) some sticker on the bricks (!!) would improve the appearance. :tongue:

I really liked the steering system with pneumatic cylinders!

Electro-pneumatic switches are in my wish list :)

Edited by evortigosa

I love the looks. Plus the picture you took looks almost exactly like the real pic. the class has a prettier competitior now

Edited by Kmuffin

First I noticed, that You used lite colored pins and axles on those front counterwights, then i lokked at original picture, and there was no question anymore.

I like how the 2 pictures were exactly the same. It was so detailed, for a second I thought it was another picture of the real thing. This is a great MOC and it would be fun to see it and the Claas together.

Thanks all for the kind words! The hood was one of the toughest parts, since the real one slopes, forward, down, widens, slopes, and narrows but I think it turned out fairly nice.

Agrof, I definitely wanted to do stickers, if I could have found some at the right scale, they would really make it look complete.

I will try to have some implements coming soon!

Brick_Sticker

Tractor tires are awesome and looks beautiful, but would be nice to see the Case 620 Quadtrac version.

I believe 42069 can be quite useful ;)

Here is an implement fitting for a tractor this size, a large pull-type scraper. This one is based off of an Ashland 215, which has a 21 cubic yard capacity. It pivots where the tongue attaches to the pan and has a sliding ejector to push the dirt out once it is full.

ashlandpan.jpg

The hitch pivots and swings in every direction and is very similar to the ones currently used on real scrapers.

ashlandpan3.jpg

Cutting edge with spoil door, which lifts when the ejector is pushed forward. I needed more travel than one cylinder would provide, so I paired a V2 cylinder with an older V1 with some 3x5 arches:

img_0088.jpg

Ejector all the way forward:

ashlandpan4.jpg

Rear view with push bars and hitch point for another scraper:

ashlandpan6.jpg

620wpan.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Brick_Sticker

Edited by Brick_Sticker

this is just superb! I like it a lot. I nearly missed the topic, I am glad I found it. :classic:

I join the list of people giving kudos, this is indeed a great MOC! Among the little things in it, I really like the technic figure :)

On 2/20/2017 at 3:39 AM, Brick_Sticker said:

Hello All,

Since we now have tractor tires, let's build some tractors!

Here is my version of the Case 620 HD farm tractor...

Brick_Sticker

First of all congratulation for making such a decision since CASE IH Steiger / Quadtrac is one of my favorite tractors, as you can see here (this is an old version before new differentials and panels...). Model is well proportioned and with panels it looks so smooth. If only there are bigger spocket wheels for tracked versions...Lets hope (at least) for different size tractor tires in near future. Love usage of wheels. I can only say thumbs Up really nice model in 1:20 scale (if I my say)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

18 minutes ago, dellock6 said:

I join the list of people giving kudos, this is indeed a great MOC! Among the little things in it, I really like the technic figure :)

I think Technic figure is a bit to big (or it represent basketball player :grin: )

Awesome! Looks great! Pneumatic steering!!! Thanks for the lxf!

Edited by pyro690

Thanks again for all the kind words!

I_Igor, I really like your tractor too, and using turntables for the tracks looks just right for it.

This tractor looks really nice, a perfect partner for the Xerion, the scrapper is a great and original implement, its really incredible that the Technic figure is actually too big in comparison, that means the tractor must be huge; the model looks very realistic, and the functions are very cool too, nice work on it.

Nice one! I' think that pneumatic sterring system working too slow perhaps...

The scraper is great attachment for those tractors

Edited by eric trax

I would have liked to use two pumps to speed up the steering, but there just wasn't any room left. Initially the steering was going to be done by 2 small linear actuators, but I just couldn't find any setup I liked, and they wouldn't pivot freely in all directions. There was also an autovalve in place to shut off the compressor, but it was unreliable and too slow to act so I just left it out.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:27 AM, Brick_Sticker said:

Thanks again for all the kind words!

I_Igor, I really like your tractor too, and using turntables for the tracks looks just right for it.

but, your tractor is playable and with panels it looks more smooth than all other non LEGO models, and preparation for dualscis just perfect. On the other hand my model is just for display because tracks are sliding and not rolling if surface is not like carpet...Thank you for Your recognition of my work :wink:

Edited by I_Igor