Sign in to follow this  
ghostmind

Thread locking = poor moderating

So it's happened again with the Star Wars 2017 sets thread. A moderator has chosen to lock the thread, due to the actions of a few, even when the posters of said thread had already steered the conversation away from the controversial topic in question. Apparently said moderator needs to PM some members before the topic will be reopened.

i am not sure why the administration of Eurobricks thinks that punishing the community is an acceptable response to subjectively inappropriate comments by the few, unless the intent is to push away members of the community, some of which have been with the site for a long time.

A temporary lock on a thread isn't punishment, it's a pause to a conversation in order to deal with the 'stuff'. The thread was only locked for 2.5 hours. I think you're over-reacting.

If there is a bad car crash, the authorities close the road to get things cleaned up and sorted out. 

When a thread is a car crash, closing it is a good way to stop a problem escalating. Once it is dealt with the thread reopens.

11 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

If there is a bad car crash, the authorities close the road to get things cleaned up and sorted out. 

When a thread is a car crash, closing it is a good way to stop a problem escalating. Once it is dealt with the thread reopens.

Great analogy! :thumbup:

To me, thread locking is bad only if it is permanently locked. Temporarily locked, especially if locked for under 24 hours, seems okay to me.