Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

Book II, Challenge V, Category A: Courier to Kaliphlin

A courier is traveling to Kaliphlin with intelligence regarding the political situation in Nocturnus, but the shortcut he chose took him longer than expected...
In Nocturnus the flora is also not to be underestimated.

32958879186_bc2a434a3b_c.jpg

My first GoH build in a year, it feels great to be back!

The foliage is excellent, especially that Venus Fly(human?) Trap. I like how you attached all of the teeth, using droid arms for difficult angles. It looks like he is riding through either a thick swamp or quicksand, and in either situation I do not envy that horse. I think your deep irregular base is perfect here. 

Nice little build.  I like the plants and the rider trudging through the plant life.  Also the big plant with the teeth is nicely done.

Great idea and excellent execution, Gideon :thumbup: The trans clear layer over the olive green is very nice for the swamp look, and the Venus fly trap is superb. 

Thanks for the comments! :classic:

On another note, I was testing my new flash triggers so now I can place the flashes completely independent without the need of triggering them with one on the camera!
The black background is terrible however, every small speck of dust stands out like crazy...
32998169465_8c167fdbb0_z.jpg

Perfect swamp, Gideon!

Showing the horse plowing through the growth is marvelous!  I like the simplicity of the build for such a great appearance with the brick layering for the border and the foliage atop the trans-clear layer!  That trap plant looks superb, especially the use of the droid arms to add more teeth!

I like the black background, though I can imagine it must be bothersome with dust!

Major points for the droid arm idea to get the teeth out on the edge!

Good to see you building in GoH again Gideon :thumbup:

It's great to have you back Gideon, and with an awesome scene! I really love the horse ploughing through the swamp :wub:

Eww, nasty swamps :laugh: Lovely plant, and the fact that the horse is actually submerged really makes the scene convincing :thumbup:

We've missed your builds in the Guilds :classic:

Very nice build! I like how the horse is struggling through the marsh. 

Great little moc here! The Venus fly trap looks awesome! I really like your eye for details, like the vegetation behind the horse is gone! 

I really like the way the horse is up to its shoulders in the swamp.  Really neat idea!  The whole setting is cool.  The venus flytrap thing kind of reminds me of the remade sarlac in Star Wars.  Nice job!