Bonaparte

Forum Performance - update

Today we did several updates on the live forum which should improve performance.

Please let us know if you feel any difference (good or bad :)). Thanks!

I'm using Google Chrome on a HP laptop, and the side bar that shows the highlighted MOCs is almost out of view to the right. I can scroll over, but my screen doesn't auto set to fit.

Seems a little bit faster.

But still having problems with multi-paged topics (at least with Technic forum), seems to stop while loading.

Firefox 51.0.1 (64-bit) with Ubuntu 16.10

32 minutes ago, The Mugbearer said:

I don't know what you did guys, but now the Eurobricks Index page is stretching beyond my browser window boundaries. o_O

It isn't just you, same happens to me. 

I haven't noticed any difference in performance, but it already felt good before.

9 hours ago, MajorAlvega said:

But still having problems with multi-paged topics (at least with Technic forum), seems to stop while loading.

The same struggle in TECHNIC forum, checked on Win 7 and 8.1. 

Window boundaries works fine, scales properly to zoom. :thumbup:

Edited by agrof

20 hours ago, MajorAlvega said:

11 hours ago, agrof said:

The same struggle in TECHNIC forum, checked on Win 7 and 8.1. 

Window boundaries works fine, scales properly to zoom. :thumbup:

Mac OS Sierra here with Safari 10.0.2 and in Technic when going to a next page in a multi page topic it won't load. Only when I refresh, the page loads.

44 minutes ago, jfbat said:

Mac OS Sierra here with Safari 10.0.2 and in Technic when going to a next page in a multi page topic it won't load. Only when I refresh, the page loads.

We are now specifically looking into this issue. And also Invision support is being contacted. I hope a fix can be found for this soon.

I noticed tagged topics got their tags (Start here, Ak here, etc) now extending all over the width of the forum. Keeping in mind these are highly contrasting make them a bit annoying. I hope this is just a bug/misconfiguration!

5 hours ago, zux said:

I noticed tagged topics got their tags (Start here, Ak here, etc) now extending all over the width of the forum. Keeping in mind these are highly contrasting make them a bit annoying. I hope this is just a bug/misconfiguration!

I noticed this also after the upgrade and I'm no fan of this. We'll look into this.

But more important, it seems we found and fixed THE problem the admin team has been investigating for a long time now :sweet:

I'll let Jim to communicate more details about this.

I noticed fewer times where the pages simply didn't load up.

was kinda annoying to have to F5 every page for it to show, else it changed url but still was previous page