Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

Captain Hookey Hand's Pirate Paradise

Built for the 2017 Brickstory contest. I’ve been wanting to do some more pirate themed builds for a while now, and the Brickstory contest provided a great opportunity with its ‘Age of Piracy’ category. The island can split in half to reveal a path, cannon, and other details inside, and the winch holding the boat is fully functional.

This paradise of a pirate island serves as the base of operations for Captain Hookey Hand and his crew. With everything from canons and lookout towers, to sun-bathing boats and planks to walk, the island is incredibly popular with his band of compatriots.

Overview-1.jpg

B1.jpg

R.jpg

Close.jpg

Open.jpg

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

Marvellous work! That's literally everything what's to love about the Lego pirate theme in a nutshell.

There's the exotic island paradise, the pirate hideout everyone would love to spend his vacation at, the pirate cove, cannons, hook hands, peg legs...

And the buildingskills shown with every detail are first class. I really have not a single nitpick (well, except that yellow bird that should better have been the classic tricolour parrot). The water texture works great, the rockwork is superb, and the vegetation is just right. 

I love that boat hanging from the side of the rock. It's just hilarious and fun to look at. 

You should really spend more time  building in the pirate theme. A proper pirate hideout is as important as a fancy pirate ship, and in my opinion we see far to few of those.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Excellent work !

I would agree with Jacob Nion in the fact that you should build more in Pirates Theme !

What a marvellous build you produced here ! Wow :wub: !

Everything is perfect and every little detail is greatly done ! I have to applaud you for the hanging functional rowboat ! A fun and nice addition !

The rock work is great too and your choice of vegetation is just excellent. An amazing tropical paradise to settle a good piratey activity ! Great job !

On 2/16/2017 at 5:44 PM, Jacob Nion said:

Marvelous work! That's literally everything what's to love about the Lego pirate theme in a nutshell.

There's the exotic island paradise, the pirate hideout everyone would love to spend his vacation at, the pirate cove, cannons, hook hands, peg legs...

And the building skills shown with every detail are first class. I really have not a single nitpick (well, except that yellow bird that should better have been the classic tricolour parrot). The water texture works great, the rockwork is superb, and the vegetation is just right. 

I love that boat hanging from the side of the rock. It's just hilarious and fun to look at. 

You should really spend more time  building in the pirate theme. A proper pirate hideout is as important as a fancy pirate ship, and in my opinion we see far to few of those.

Thank you very much for the long detailed comment, Jacob, it means a lot :blush: Good point about the parrot, I believe we have one I could've used. The boat hanging from the side was one of my favorite parts as well, and the play function of it can be rather tempting at times, as the lady standing in the building up there is the only thing holding the winch; therefore, if you take her out, the guy sitting in the boat gets a, shall we say, quick ride to the water :laugh:

I definitely plan on dabbling more in the pirate theme in the future :classic:

On 2/16/2017 at 9:07 PM, Plaid Beard said:

I love this. You've packed so many details into such a small MOC. Love the colors, too!

Thank you!

On 2/19/2017 at 4:21 PM, Faladrin said:

Excellent work !

I would agree with Jacob Nion in the fact that you should build more in Pirates Theme !

What a marvelous build you produced here ! Wow :wub: !

Everything is perfect and every little detail is greatly done ! I have to applaud you for the hanging functional rowboat ! A fun and nice addition !

The rock work is great too and your choice of vegetation is just excellent. An amazing tropical paradise to settle a good piratey activity ! Great job !

Thank you Faladrin, glad you like it! :classic: