MKJoshA

1930s Batman

If Batman had come into existence in the 1930s, this is what he probably would have looked like.

1930s Batman

1930s Batman

1930s Batman

58 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

That is one sweet looking ride, @MKJoshA! Isn't that a mod of the Arctic Roller? :wink:  Where did you get the black balloon pieces from, though?

They are from one of the larger police sets that includes a hot-air balloon

The minifig reminds me of the green hornet for some reason. I really like the all black vehicle, though interesting choice on the back hatch being grey. Kind of adds a bit of variety to it though. :thumbup:

I can't resist pointing out that Batman did come into existence in the 1930's... :poke:

Still, very beautiful car! I think the Alfred figure from the upcoming Ultimate Batmobile will go nicely with this.

This looks so vicious! I like your idea and you did execute it very well. It gives the dark knight quite a different, properly sinister aspect. :thumbup:

Now I am just waiting for Mr. Cobblepot to sue him :laugh: :wink:

Looks great, very definite 1930's feel to it. The only thing missing, for me, is wings. Something like this.

batman_1935_low.jpg?w=580&h=369

bdp5bbsccaaccyv-jpg-large.jpeg?w=580&h=2

https://firewireblog.com/2013/02/16/batman-1935-by-francesco-francavilla/

22 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

It gives the dark knight quite a different, properly sinister aspect. :thumbup:

Quite fitting, considering that one of the original influences of Bob Kane in creating Batman was The Bat Whispers, where he was, in fact, a villain. It makes this work even better when taken from that perspective.

24 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Quite fitting, considering that one of the original influences of Bob Kane in creating Batman was The Bat Whispers, where he was, in fact, a villain. It makes this work even better when taken from that perspective.

I didn't know that, thats pretty cool. I know this sounds trivial, but I have seen batman always as a dark character. Shadows, silence... a hunter of criminals who overcomes then with fear and surprise as much as with tech-gadgets and hands-on violence^^. In the films he is, for my linking, often too exposed (not counting the Lego one, that one is deliberately and in a good way silly:wink:). I better stop the off-topic  talk now. At least it shows that this MOC is genuinely inspiring :classic:

7 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I can't resist pointing out that Batman did come into existence in the 1930's... :poke:

I believe Batman showed up a little later (1940's). 

The car reminds me something that might if showed up in the early Batman Movie Serial. 

5 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

I believe Batman showed up a little later (1940's). 

He actually came into existence in 1939, so technically, he still is from the 1930's