snaillad

MOC: Astrid and Associates Architecture firm

Hello fellow EB members;

My latest MOC is called Astrid and Associates Architecture firm. This building is the new head office for the firm as a showcase of the firms abilities!

It's taken quite a while to build as I've struggled to find the right direction to take the building. After finding the right proportions to using the large arch pieces surrounding the windows on the ground floor the rest of the building took shape from there. I wanted a good mix of colour and texture, using inspiration from 1920's/1930's buildings with perhaps a touch of middle eastern influence. The interior is modern as I wanted to do something different from one of my many older themed buildings and timelines.

Anyway on with the pics, 8 in all;

32798793521_29403f7fb8_z.jpg

32769009102_7cc20787b9_z.jpg

32107591253_a106c00190_z.jpg

32079396744_b509b1d4e1_z.jpg

32922365865_02b6621420_z.jpg

32542012860_0bb019ba3a_z.jpg

32922293165_762c6e088b_z.jpg

32107426603_9edfcb306a_z.jpg

You can also find them here on my flickr page if you prefer and it bigger sizes. https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Comments and questions welcome!

Cheers

You Always have such nice buildingtechniques...and magical colors.... The building has a nice 30-ies look.... it matches that old 10184 Lego Town Set very well!! Great work, love it!!

WOW, amazing building! :thumbup:

My favorite is your desing of the interior - simply, clever and straight to the point. Modern desing, like you said.

Thank you for sharing.

Another amazing build. The overall color scheme is beautiful and again you make it look so easy, but yet so impossibly hard. ;-)

I especially like the usage of intertwined cheese slope rows to create a zig-zag-pattern pillar. Great idea!

This design and color scheme is so clean! It is almost hypnotizing to look at.

Edited by bjorn77

Another stunning build from you!  Clean and elegant with a great color-combo.

Nice one.

It's a bit much.

Haha, just kidding. I like the clean interior aesthetic, seems very fitting for a firm like that. You did a great job carrying through the outside elements into the interior without being repetitive. The atrium works really well, the one slight tweak I would make for future pictures is to have more light coming down from above so it gives a sense of the height and the openness in contrast to the floors that would block the light. The little touches outside are clearly well thought out and I like how shiny the tiles are. Great work!

On 15/02/2017 at 11:48 PM, theycallmemrdarko said:

This is really fantastic. I'd tell you what parts I like most but I like just about everything you did. The use of windows for railings, just damn, looks awesome. 

Thanks theycallmemrdarko! I wanted to have a low rise railing and just thought the window pieces look cool in a modern setting!

On 16/02/2017 at 0:11 AM, Gongoro73 said:

Hats off to you, mister.

Thank you Gongoro73!

On 16/02/2017 at 2:52 AM, Littleworlds said:

Nice combination of colours and design. Really beautiful. So light and welcoming :classic: :thumbup:

Cheers Littleworlds. I enjoyed experimenting with a variety of colours on this one!

On 16/02/2017 at 6:53 AM, Man with a hat said:

Wow. Another beauty!. And what a great interior. Amazing!

Thanks Man with a hat, it was fun to design a 'modern' interior after I have not made one in quite some time!

On 16/02/2017 at 8:15 AM, LegoSjaak said:

You Always have such nice buildingtechniques...and magical colors.... The building has a nice 30-ies look.... it matches that old 10184 Lego Town Set very well!! Great work, love it!!

Thanks LegoSjaak, I wanted to experiment a lot with geometric patterns, quite a bit of influence from middle east, north african and asian buildings on this one!

On 16/02/2017 at 11:15 AM, lightningtiger said:

Dude, I love the Art Deco feel of everything in this design.......Brick On forever 'snaillad' ! :grin:

I always knew making something art-deco would appeal to you lightningtiger! :laugh:

On 16/02/2017 at 11:28 AM, Palixa And The Bricks said:

I love this so much :wub: the colours, the details on the facade, the clean look, the interior, the kiosk ... well done!

On 16/02/2017 at 0:01 PM, kjm161 said:

Wonderful and subtle use of colours. Lovely.

Thanks Palixa And The Bricks and kjm161, I had to add more colour to balance out all the white, glad you don't think its too much!

On 16/02/2017 at 0:19 PM, Zork said:

WOW, amazing building! :thumbup:

My favorite is your desing of the interior - simply, clever and straight to the point. Modern desing, like you said.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers Zork! Due to multiple floors and built horizontally I had to keep the interior simple, I guess it lent itself more to a modern design.

Wow!! A beautiful looking building!! I really like the exterior design and the use of colour you've got going on and the interiors pretty cool too. With skills like that I think you could easily get a job with Astrid!! 

Excellent work!!

On 16/02/2017 at 1:13 PM, peedeejay said:

Another amazing build. The overall color scheme is beautiful and again you make it look so easy, but yet so impossibly hard. ;-)

I especially like the usage of intertwined cheese slope rows to create a zig-zag-pattern pillar. Great idea!

On 16/02/2017 at 2:46 PM, bjorn77 said:

This design and color scheme is so clean! It is almost hypnotizing to look at.

On 16/02/2017 at 3:12 PM, eurotrash said:

Another stunning build from you!  Clean and elegant with a great color-combo.

Nice one.

Thank you peedeejay, bjorn77 and eurotrash. With all the white I just kept adding colours until I thought it balanced the white out. Glad you like the combo!

On 16/02/2017 at 6:25 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

A very visually appealing structure.  The blue and gold accents work very well on this.  Excellent work!

Cheers AFOLguy1970, I've found it a struggle to find the best place for my gold elements in an architectural sense. Somehow it seemed easier bedding them in among a lot of white!

On 16/02/2017 at 7:13 PM, Kodan Black said:

It's a bit much.

Haha, just kidding. I like the clean interior aesthetic, seems very fitting for a firm like that. You did a great job carrying through the outside elements into the interior without being repetitive. The atrium works really well, the one slight tweak I would make for future pictures is to have more light coming down from above so it gives a sense of the height and the openness in contrast to the floors that would block the light. The little touches outside are clearly well thought out and I like how shiny the tiles are. Great work!

Thanks Kodan! There is more to the interior, especially on the ground floor, the window techniques I was really pleased with but as its all white it didn't show up too well on this pics. I deliberately made the floors 'floating' so light would flow down, but perhaps its more likely the dull day I chose to photograph on wasn't the best. Oh well roll on spring! :classic:

On 18/02/2017 at 10:09 AM, carebear said:

WOW!!!, Just Amazing

love everything about it ( and Great Pics to )

Love your builds

Greetings

Thanks carebear, appreciated!

On 19/02/2017 at 11:20 AM, greg3 said:

Wow!! A beautiful looking building!! I really like the exterior design and the use of colour you've got going on and the interiors pretty cool too. With skills like that I think you could easily get a job with Astrid!! 

Excellent work!!

Cheers greg! Well I love both Lego and architecture so I'm not sure where I'd prefer to work with her! :laugh:

Very elegant, clean and unique design. Fantastic use of an abundance of great SNOT techniques. There are great builds everywhere, from the very original exterior to the floor railings, multi-screen computer, the tables and seating and great newsstand, its never ending beauty. Encore!