Sign in to follow this  
Slegengr

Bk.2-Ch.V-Cat.A "Skybridge"

“The heir of Cedrica has been found!  …true King of Historica …calls for aid!  …message must get through!”

…cloppa-clop cloppa-clop cloppa-clop…

“Shortest route… over waterfall skybridge… is it safe in the dark?”

“…must trust DarkWind, he knows the way… this closing darkness!”

“…maybe a blessing, these shadows… keep hidden from the enemies…”

“For the true King, I must cross!”

-Whreeheeheennee!

…taka-tak taka-tak taka-tak taka-tak…

32850902611_4648201c7b_c.jpg

Original image:

Spoiler

32076867724_f364b4f60d_c.jpg

More photos:

Spoiler

32076867064_6485a8d736_c.jpg

32796092331_a7d429b0b4_c.jpg

32796095111_58e40fbde5_c.jpg

32766428902_a34c868a5d_c.jpg

32796094421_37db072321_c.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The base of this build is 6 X 42 = 252, which comes up just less than 16 X 16 = 256.  Hopefully this is acceptable for this challenge.

The most difficult part of this was trying to get a clear picture of a scene at night.  I tried different lighting (or lack thereof), and finally achieved an acceptable result.  The image is meant to be dark, so for more images and a lighted image, check out the spoiler or my Flickr account.

-Slegengr

Edited by Slegengr
Updated primary image

Just wow. :oh3::wub_drool::wub_drool: Absolutely genius approach to the category, and simply amazing execution! The waterfalls, brilliant arches, SNOT mountains and sky... Just beautiful.
The touches of sand green on the rocks are superb as well.

Really clever idea :) Nice one mate

Edited by Gunman

The idea is great, but I think you added just a bit too much lights in the sky.

This problem turns in an advantage when looking to the waterfall, which is really wonderful! :wub: 

21 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Just wow. :oh3::wub_drool::wub_drool: Absolutely genius approach to the category, and simply amazing execution! The waterfalls, brilliant arches, SNOT mountains and sky... Just beautiful.
The touches of sand green on the rocks are superb as well.

Thanks, LJ!  I wanted to break up the plain dark gray rock with a minimalistic approach (since I planned on dark photography), so I used the sand green plates for moss.

21 hours ago, Windusky said:

This is beautiful Sleg!

Thanks, Windusky!

20 hours ago, en_zoo said:

very nice idea and awesome execution! love the waterfalls as well as the bridge :wub:

Thanks, en_zoo!

19 hours ago, Gunman said:

Really clever idea :) Nice one mate

Thanks, Gunman!

53 minutes ago, mrcp6d said:

Very nice! Love the simple but effective arch design.

Thanks, mrcp6d!  I thought of the arch design during another larger MOC, and it became inspiration for this challenge!  It is simple, but I also consider it effective.

13 minutes ago, TitusV said:

The idea is great, but I think you added just a bit too much lights in the sky.

This problem turns in an advantage when looking to the waterfall, which is really wonderful! :wub: 

Thanks, TitusV!  I must agree on too many stars.  I did not realize this before photography, so I will need to correct this (leaving stars in a better constellation form and not quite as many, as it was too easy to add too many without having the final scene viewable).  I am glad you like the waterfall, as the moon-lit appearance was intentional!

Clever use of the vertical space, as well as forced perspective. The night lighting is, as Titus said, a bit too starry (or the stars are too big and bright, maybe) but also a beautiful idea, and the lighting on the water (and the star under the bridge) are, pun not intended, highlights for me. 

Oh wow, a really fantastic entry, the water under the bridge and the stars all lit up being the highlights of this build! Definitely an interesting approach to the space limitations, and works perfectly, great job on this :thumbup::classic:

Like LJ said, this is a really clever approach to the challenge - loads of character! Great idea and nicely executed. The blue glow of the water is particularly eye catching.

I love how outside the box you often go with your builds :thumbup:The bridge is really beautiful and the all LEGO backdrop only adds to the scene :wub:

16 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Clever use of the vertical space, as well as forced perspective. The night lighting is, as Titus said, a bit too starry (or the stars are too big and bright, maybe) but also a beautiful idea, and the lighting on the water (and the star under the bridge) are, pun not intended, highlights for me. 

16 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Oh wow, a really fantastic entry, the water under the bridge and the stars all lit up being the highlights of this build! Definitely an interesting approach to the space limitations, and works perfectly, great job on this :thumbup::classic:

Thanks, Legofin!  I dislike space limitations, so I tried to maximize the possible scene within the limitation.

15 hours ago, MassEditor said:

Like LJ said, this is a really clever approach to the challenge - loads of character! Great idea and nicely executed. The blue glow of the water is particularly eye catching.

Thanks, ME!  The water glow was one of the inspiring features for this build.

10 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

I love how outside the box you often go with your builds :thumbup:The bridge is really beautiful and the all LEGO backdrop only adds to the scene :wub:

Thanks, SK!  For the space limitation, I figured a LEGO backdrop would utilize the vertical space nicely.  I was happy with the outcome.

So, with suggestions from some to use less stars or smaller stars, I reworked the build and took more pictures.  Then, apparently, I only saved some of the pictures to my flashdrive to upload.  I missed my favorite image, so I will have to upload at a later date.  I do like the reworked image better than the original, and it has round stars (instead of square...) and fewer stars.

Wow!  Fantastic lighting! :thumbup:   The waterfalls look really good in particular!

Another superb and very innovative entry to this category! - the height and narrowness of the build is astonishing, and the lighting, night sky, and waterfall are epic as well!  Awesome build, Sleg! 

This build has a real atmosphere to it. The height of the bridge and waterfall and the lighting are really dramatic. It nicely shows the risks taken by the desperate messengers.