lightningtiger

MOC - Warehouse Style Hardware Store

Now for my latest hardware store and this one beats all my others hands down.

2865673-o_1b8u36qil153s1ukspst29e1gdb7-f

"rt' stands for Rural Traders, a boring name so I call it "rt" :wink:

The huge glass frontage allows everyone to see all the detailing, and yes it has a roof - a rare thing to come from my drawing board.

2865664-o_1b8u3792g1g5apomn93cucqghb-ful2865667-o_1b8u37ge84ne1ndejpv1i7b1blg-fu2865670-o_1b8u37mrt1nmp14qmgpa10nm1l6jl-

The pump display gets another outing, but the racking is all new plus the hardware and irrigation merchandisers are also new.

The chain saw display contains a fresh saw design - more realistic offset chain drive than the inline city style chain saws.

On display also is a red ATV with roll-cage and chunky balloon tyres. Both the chain saw and ATV branding comes under the CITY banner.

The irrigation brand is called Rain Brick, based on the real life brand Rain Bird.

Garmadon is the brand for fencing and gate hardware, it's real life brand is Gallagher fencing products. Yes, I know and that's why I dropped the Lord bit off Garmadon ;)

The chemical department has two products on display in bulk, Muster herbicide (weed killer) based on the brand name Round Up and Brick Chemicals Terrashield soil insecticide based on a Bayor product called Confidor Guard.

2865676-o_1b8u37soee6v8lj2793v1oo7q-full2865682-o_1b8u38ctlppr1lfm1kvn553tso14-f2865679-o_1b8u3866g1i9cqf21hu6ma713o710-2865685-o_1b8u38gju5fv1ih0p6ulm3iao19-fu2865688-o_1b8u38k6jqh21nbk1c8v71s79i1a-f

You can see it's one of my largest builds in a long time, even bigger than my last modular in both build and detailing.

Feel free to comment, oh yeah it will hopefully be up on Lego Ideas soon fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading everyone and Brick On ! 

Nice store, lightningtiger!

The full glass front gives a nice view!  The yellow shelves look great.  All the detailed items for sale really complete the store wonderfully.  Beautiful parts usage for the chemical jug tops!

Great work! The interior is brimming with detail. The lack of solid support in the front corners bug me a little though. 

The thing that makes this stand out is definitely all the small items - the work put into the stickers for the chemical cans is amazing, and I love the blue and orang miscellaneous parts trays near the counter. I feel this needs a small forklift or pallet jack and worker to finish it off, as well as a few more concrete support details for the building, as mikeright suggested above.

Looks great as usual LT!  It is very highly detailed and recognizable.  Do you have more detailed pics of the smaller builds and merchandise?

Sal

WFB, WI

Thank you everyone who has commented so far, now a request for more photos of the smaller builds.....sure give me 24 hours and I'll have some up for you fingers crossed.

Now a fork lift is in the works, but it will be for the add-on cold stores next door which shares it with the "rt" warehouse. 

Also I think I just answered someones request for a warehouse, will that cold storage warehouse do ? :wink:

You make ask why a cold stores next door to this, well the local farmers need to store their apples and stone fruits somewhere before shipping off to market. 

Keep watching for the cold stores and also photo updates on this project.

Brick On everyone ! 

Thank you my old friend, always great to hear from you.

The main reason for the glass wall look is so that kid's at the Lego show at Easter time can see inside.

Brick On ! 

Well done, LT.  I like the transclear panels to see the insides like a flagship Apple Store.  I think a Raymond Reach forklift would be appropriate for the tight spaces between warehouse racks.

Again thank you everyone for commenting, I dig that you all love the large window frontage. The forklift is still under development as I want it to operation full turning while in an eight wide space, thanks 'dr_spock' for your suggestion and I have found a swing reach version which is for such problem areas as narrow spaces.

Now 'gotoAndlego', heads really ? LOL They are part of the water pumps on display and on a pallet in the rack. :laugh:

Today, I'll take those extra photos for you all to look at and as I write this the support count on Ideas sits at 22 (only 78 to reach 100 supporters).

Brick On everyone ! 

4 minutes ago, Feuer Zug said:

Very nice. The shelves and products are nicely designed.

Thank you for your kind words, I can only hope and pray that it gains support on Ideas and it gets me into the prizes at the Lego show at Easter time.

Time for update photos everyone.

2867992-o_1b92gtife1qp217pe9g21453qma4-t2867998-o_1b92gtrpcaohvk51jgcndr1d95d-th2867995-o_1b92gtn7fov919ve14jrqsr1imc9-t

2868001-o_1b92gu0j47b2s9v1jja1l2r14mai-t2868004-o_1b92gu7b31ttc5071cq61d9gu9ro-t

I feel very happy with my version of an ATV, what does everyone think ?

At the moment it sits at 26 supporters, so 74 are need to save it from the 60 day scrap heap.

Please support it if you like it.

Brick On everyone ! 

Love most all of it. The one thing that still seems off (maybe just a cultural thing) is the water pumps. I focus too much on the yellow heads. But the chemical cans, chainsaws, ATV, everything else is fantastic. I just find that the water pumps I'm not seeing, maybe the yellow head is a bit too iconic, if they were blue or something it might work better. I'll go find this on Ideas.

2 hours ago, Chilis said:

Awesome build!! Very well done and supported :thumbup:

Thank you very much, it has a 35 supporter count at the moment.

2 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

Love most all of it. The one thing that still seems off (maybe just a cultural thing) is the water pumps. I focus too much on the yellow heads. But the chemical cans, chainsaws, ATV, everything else is fantastic. I just find that the water pumps I'm not seeing, maybe the yellow head is a bit too iconic, if they were blue or something it might work better. I'll go find this on Ideas.

Thank you for your comments.

Now those water pumps are based on Davey branded water pumps.

As too what there sit on as well is my take on a Davey display stand.

I've got bad feeling about this design being on Ideas, it is stuck on 36 supporters for many hours. Plus Ideas activity feed and commenting sections are all screwed up, I hope they fix them.

I need 64 more supporters to gain a year to get to a 1000, yeah right as if but I'm willing to give it go. Except if this fails to reach a 100 in 60 days, then that's it for me on Ideas - no new projects anymore for Ideas. I'm tired of it and it's becoming less fun.

I like that you've built the demise of your Lego towns; once a big box shop like Target or Walmart opens up, all those small mom and pop shops you've built close down. :grin: