32470699990_247a400b6b_c.jpg

It's all started yesterday. I just felt myself jealous about supercars. So i started in the morning and finished after 12 hours. And my first LEGO supercar named "Black Envy" is here)

Features:

• Rear wheel drive with 1 XL motor
  • Front wheel steering with servo motor
  • Openable doors
  • Few interior details
  • Multilink suspension at rear. Really - double wishbone secured with additional links
  • Ultraslim front double wishbone suspension - it allowed me to make hood lower than front wheels

Suspension acts like real one do - compress just under the weight of the car, but can be compressed more.

32470699890_d678911158_c.jpg

It's really helpful while riding over small obstacles - whole car doesn't jump, only wheels react. I'll shoot a movie later. Now just more suspension articulation shots)

32470699320_2d8a8c9000_c.jpg

32008643164_a202ef153c_c.jpg

Other than it well suspended and really can drive with only one XL motor - there's no any technical marvels and complexity. It's really simple. Oh, gullwing doors, it's always add to model)

32851670065_2e3f95d46d_c.jpg

As usual - more photos in better quality on FLICKR

32470699610_8a782da6b1_c.jpg

Ultraslim front suspension close up. Pin marked with green arrow is not securing suspension setup. That LBG H part secured only with 2 blue pins at bottom.

Wow, that's a ridiculously cool looking bad guy! I like the suspension and how its partly compressed under the vehicles own weight. Indeed very realistic. I also like the bigger tires in the back. Absolutely stunning that you can build such a vehicle in just one day :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. Well done! Looking forward to seeing the video.

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Really cool, reminds me of a Batmobile. Can't wait for the video.

Exactly, the Batmobile is the first thing that popped up in my brain after seeing this. Nice job, although the shape of the car is a little "over-the-top" for my personal taste... :wink:

Impressive 12 hour build, I wouldn't come pass the axles in that short time. I really like the agressive stance of the car, the only thing I'm not envious about are the front lights. I don't like how they stick out and IMO should be wider and somewhat more integrated into the mudguard. All in all - this is, again, great creation! :thumbup:

Thanks all for your replies)

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Really cool, reminds me of a Batmobile. Can't wait for the video.

Thanks) It's not a first time my MOCs compared to Batmobile. It have some hidden meaning for myself)

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Wow, that's a ridiculously cool looking bad guy! I like the suspension and how its partly compressed under the vehicles own weight. Indeed very realistic. I also like the bigger tires in the back. Absolutely stunning that you can build such a vehicle in just one day :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. Well done! Looking forward to seeing the video.

Thanks. It's just wish to finish model faster, that i cannot resist. As a result - there's few illegal of flimsy connections in every second MOC)

Great result for a 12 - hours build (I can´t see me being able to do that) :thumbup:! Why did you say "it´s my first Lego supercar"? 

27 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Great result for a 12 - hours build (I can´t see me being able to do that) :thumbup:! Why did you say "it´s my first Lego supercar"? 

Thanks) Because it's my first supercar built from LEGO... Porsche 550 is too old for being super in that century, so it was a legendcar)

6 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Impressive 12 hour build, I wouldn't come pass the axles in that short time. I really like the agressive stance of the car, the only thing I'm not envious about are the front lights. I don't like how they stick out and IMO should be wider and somewhat more integrated into the mudguard. All in all - this is, again, great creation! :thumbup:

Thanks) About the front lights - i'll do it better in next MOC, i promise. I just finished mudguards, and realised, that i forgot front lights. So i did it somehow. Lazy approach, but time saving.

Great car. I would look to replace the small panel under the headlight and make that space into a better headlight.

Good photography too.

H

33 minutes ago, Horace T said:

Great car. I would look to replace the small panel under the headlight and make that space into a better headlight.

Good photography too.

H

Thanks) Idea of changing panel to front light looks nice for me. Just maked it quickly, still need to fit mudguard to it...

32821728416_6841133220_c.jpg

32862918125_b495a16eb5_c.jpg

Is it better?

Edited by Victor Imaginator

It's better then what I try in 12 weeks. It has a certain Le-Mans-esque feel to it for me, because of the low sides.

One thing I like less is how the seats are really far in the front. What's inside that large area behind the seats?

Also, why no connection to the top of the H beams? 2 pins doesn't sound like the strongest solution. It works, for a light car like yours, but I'd add an extra beam there.

Damn that's one beast of a car, Batman would be really jealous of it. Can I suggest a small change, the #2 connector on top of the seats changed to two 1x2 lift arms and angled forward a bit just to make the seats a more forward look then up in the way they finish at the top. Would love to see a vid. too. Really love this car :wub:

The new front headlight is much much better than the old googly eye. I wonder how it would look if youd finish it with this part:24201.jpg?1in black of course.

Thanks again for your comments)

9 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

It's better then what I try in 12 weeks. It has a certain Le-Mans-esque feel to it for me, because of the low sides.

One thing I like less is how the seats are really far in the front. What's inside that large area behind the seats?

Also, why no connection to the top of the H beams? 2 pins doesn't sound like the strongest solution. It works, for a light car like yours, but I'd add an extra beam there.

It feels Le-Mans-esque for me too. I make it that way for one reason - make whole car weight less.

Behind the seats is AA battery box, and it's horizontal, and it's a structural element of chassies. It can be fixed, but with stiffer rear suspension. And it's too much changing of insides, so i leave it for that model. But remember for my next attempts.

And there's no horizontal beam between H beams because there's no space. Space taken not by the hood, but by supporting beams of front bumper. Also i didn't notice any H beams wobbling while testing chassis by droping it on the table.

9 hours ago, jono rocky said:

Damn that's one beast of a car, Batman would be really jealous of it. Can I suggest a small change, the #2 connector on top of the seats changed to two 1x2 lift arms and angled forward a bit just to make the seats a more forward look then up in the way they finish at the top. Would love to see a vid. too. Really love this car :wub:

Thanks) I'll try to make some changes to seats, if roof allow me to do it)

9 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

The new front headlight is much much better than the old googly eye. I wonder how it would look if youd finish it with this part:24201.jpg?1in black of course.

I don't have that part in any color) But i can remake whole structure with pins on the other side. Thanks for suggestion.

6 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Excellent Batmobile! :laugh::wink: This car looks really cool, only minor change I have to mention is using a Bionicle tooth (in black) for the wing mirrors, IMO they are really bulky.

I already used all my black teeth except one... I'll try to remake it using slopes, or something else)

Applied some fixes:

• Front lights, as @MajklSpajkl suggested
  • Seats, almost as @jono rocky suggested. 2x1 liftarms just doesn't fit there
  • Mirrors, thanks to @Leonardo da Bricki - i lower them, make smaller and more elegant as i think. Also rotate 3x11 panels under the mirrors a little and secure it better.
  • Air intakes. Black ones was just lost. And i get rid of illegal connections there, now this area is feels much more properly assembled.

Moving seats deeper into the car, as @Erik Leppen said is possible, but there's not only a battery box that can be moved somehow. There's main vertical support of roof, just behind the seats. And to move it i need to disassemble almost whole car(

32060773493_c1bd675264_c.jpg

32494138470_3185988704_c.jpg

I'm still don't sure about air intakes, what guys do you think?

Thanks for helping making my Envy better)

I really-really like this one, unconventional, yet proportional. The spot lights were also cool, with better integration in the front they are OK, but I must admit the new lights blend much better in overall shape.

I think the air intakes are better in LBG, or maybe You could try these fence pieces:lego-black-fence-lattice-1-x-4-x-2-3185-

Ahhh, and this guy has definitely interest to own this car. :wink:

Black%20envy.png

Edited by agrof

Amazing supercar for only 12 hours of build time, at 12 hours of build time I usually only have about the front suspension done :laugh:

I think the new headlight design is much better, but I think the wold air intakes look better.

Edited by JJ2

6 hours ago, agrof said:

I really-really like this one, unconventional, yet proportional. The spot lights were also cool, with better integration in the front they are OK, but I must admit the new lights blend much better in overall shape.

I think the air intakes are better in LBG, or maybe You could try these fence pieces:lego-black-fence-lattice-1-x-4-x-2-3185-

29 minutes ago, JJ2 said:

Amazing supercar for only 12 hours of build time, at 12 hours of build time I usually only have about the front suspension done :laugh:

I think the new headlight design is much better, but I think the wold air intakes look better.

Thanks) I'll try to make something with air intakes.

Some driving tests show one serious flaw in whole model - one XL is not enough because there's no Ackerman steering. Friction caused by front wheels while turning slow down model and can stop all car while turning and moving backwards( Driving over the building table was much more promising.

On 2/12/2017 at 9:58 AM, brunojj1 said:

I made a c model yesterday in 3 hours so it is very loss (moc c model)

Aventador

Edited by Aventador2004