Sign in to follow this  
Kristel

MOD: Naomi's Place

The Friends Heartlake Cupcake Cafe (41119) has been out for more than year and I did a review of it some ten months ago.  At that time, I had a vision of what the modular version would look like and it had been sitting on a shelf in my lounge room since then, waiting for me to do the conversion.  Better late than never, I guess.

32015585423_9c8f4c531e_c.jpg

As with my other Friends conversions, I did this one open-backed and with lots of clear panels to facilitate playability.

32015575293_39ed535f72_c.jpg

I loved the entrance for the Heartlake Cupcake Cafe, especially the stained glass window above the front door and the windows framed using the ornamental arches.  This section of the building was 16 studs wide and was therefore a natural starting point for the conversion to a modular building.

32449242570_901623cd05_c.jpg

The other part that I really liked was the outdoor seating area, so I incorporated that into the rooftop terrace.

31987204814_d63ce86e37_c.jpg

C&C welcome, as always!

More images on flickr and the instructions for the structure are available to download here

Despite not being a fan of friends (mini-dolls!! Why, Lego? Why?) I do think their buildings have some potential, something you've shown here with a really nice looking build!! I especially like the entrance way and roof terrace!! 

Thanks for sharing!!

You've beautifully worked in the use of large plates for the floors by adding the little detail above the arches in the same color. The second floor has a small balcony, maybe add a fence piece like from the third floor?