brunojj1

[MOC] Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 DTM manual and RC in 1:10 scale

2 hours ago, Enricott666 said:

Hi Bruno,

I really like your models, compact design, all these functionalities and ... that feeling by assembling :-)

I've collected already BMW, Ferrari and Mercedes from you. Thx

for making me happy:)

Link :

Mylegotechnicmocscollection

21753143_1388025921251259_34274605050656

That back view :wub::wub:

So, with the new Lego 42096 Porsche 911 RSR release and the black #18944 available, I guess the black top for the AMG color scheme is doable on the "Silberpfeil" designed livery?

*edit* hum guess I didn’t realize that was already available in 41078 and 42083. Wow

Edited by jeffmcclain

@jeffmcclain: The bowed 13x3 panels in black color appeared first in the #42070 All Terrain Tow Truck. The change of the top on the "AMG" version indeed is possible since then (not the "Silberpfeil" livery) and I´m about to rebuild my own car to make it equal to its twin brother. To avoid further questions: the instructions and the stickers on the roof will not be updated though. 

Edited by brunojj1

So, the mud guards used for rear bumper (61070 and 61071) seem pretty rare in black. I’ve never used them, so I’m wondering how close in size/shape they are to 24116 such that I could at least attempt some mod to use them, or no, they are quite different in size?  The front steering hubs/arms (32495c01) also seem relatively scarce and I’m tempted to try to refit Porsche arms (23801) into it, but I think it won’t fit wheels?  I have an original 8466 I could tear down, I guess...I need to just grab the instructions (pretty reasonable) but I’m trying to decide which livery.  And damn if I don’t love the AMG stickers and color scheme, which won’t work with the curved black panels.  decisions.  Decisions.

*edit*  Near as I can tell from LDraw layout, I would need to have 2 studs more distance between top/bottom A-arms to make the newer one work.  Also, just a quick check on size/match on the mudguards, and they are a bit "gapped".  Might be able to fit with lift arms extending the "profile", especially a 2x3 lift arm for the long back part...hum...oh well, plans purchased (thanks Bruno!!)

lego_steering.jpg

lego_mudguards.jpg

Edited by jeffmcclain

Tried to do the Silberpfeil livery in the Black/White/Red AMG color scheme.  I still need to replace two white panels with black on the backs and add the red bumpers.  I used some custom AMG C63 DTM stickers from Attan #1601...though they are not as nice as the ones from Jaap.

32021891957_39da03b9ce_c.jpg

46910793662_6f940a81bf_c.jpg

46048980495_c0aeabf6af_c.jpg

Edited by jeffmcclain

Black C63... Not finished yet, a few parts are in delivery...

31C5163D-E1D7-4069-82D6-FF37E4DDE297.jpeg

Edited by Seely

So I am about to order this car here in the US.  Excited, even though it may take 8-10 months given all the shipping problems right now.  

I think it would be the absolute best to actually have a rendition of this in Lego.  I have seen @Lox Lego's version, and no shade being thrown to it, it is a TERRIFIC build, but I do think this version captures the car's essence better.  

I would like to build it.  Few questions.  I think the best way is to buy the instructions through rebrickable.  It gets @brunojj1 a small fee for his hard work and makes sure credit gets correctly appointed.  Am I correct on this or is there somewhere else I should be buying the instructions? 

Unfortunately, the color which I am ordering the car is in their selenite gray magno.  I've done the research, but there are plenty of parts in this build, at least the body work, that are not available in DBG which is the closest to the gray magno.  If I could build the car in the color which I am buying it in, that would be the best, but looks like it is not possible.  If I am wrong feel free to correct me.  

I don't like to talk about copy-cat brands, but are their brands that offer a better array of these pieces in a DBG than Lego?  There are now nearly an infinite amount of copy-cat brands out there, all with varying levels of quality to legit competitors to absolute trash.  No way to keep tabs on all of them.  Anyone know of pieces out there that would work in this color for this build?  I see the black version built and posted above, as well as several other colors, are there any AFOLs out there that have build this wonderful car in other colors not shown in this thread?  

Lot of questions, and trust me I am also doing some work in researching, etc.  I don't think my first option is a possibility (this car, in something like a DBG) but thought I would just reach out to the group.    

No takers?  Okay, just wondering if anyone can give any feedback in terms of if there are any extremely odd or expensive pieces?   I get flex cables, and the "gate" grill pieces may be, but other than that I am not seeing anything too bad.  I should have all the other pieces needed for this build.  

I suppose I will have to build black or one of the other more generic color combos.  

Edited by nerdsforprez
Scratch all that. Have not built another's MOC for a long time, needed to reacquaint myself with rebrickable.