Sign in to follow this  
nivremis

Challenge V, Spire: A message laid bare to the world.

Let this be a warning to one and all - there will be no running from us, even the darkness will not hide you. We will find you, and your every secret will be laid bare. 

31937159624_2e996f1c73_z.jpg

Edited by nivremis

Lovely photography, with the light filtering down from one source, and the build suits it well. Using Carnage as a skinned human body is always a nice move, and the blinded face works well here, too. The tattooed back of the Spire agent's head as he walks away with a knife and bloody hand creates an atmosphere of finality. My one complaint at this point is that I would like to see some pictures of the build as a whole, maybe in a spoiler so that they do not detract from your presentation, but it would be nice to actually see your techniques and the finer details without the photographic atmosphere obscuring them. 

Great atmosphere ! Your photography skills are great !

I like the scorched rider your Spire agent is leaving at agony. Good gore sight that is suitable for the Black Spire.

But, you know that Spire minions will pay for their barbarian acts !

Long live the Resistance ! Long live the Alliance ! And long live the the High King ! :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words all, glad the setting works for you guys as well. 

With regards to a "build picture"... Here's a sad story. Was photographing in the room, went to the computer to make sure the pics turned out ok. Went back in the dark room, lights were off, promptly sat on the build that was on my chair I was using to photograph as I was reaching out to turn on the desk lamp. 

The base of the moc's fine, and tree (and my bum) not so much. Will probably rebuild it this weekend though, and post a clearer picture.

Edited by nivremis

The image itself is really cool, with awesome use of the lighting. 

As for the build itself... Nice but gruesome :wink: 

Lovely shot, perfect lighting and atmosphere. All you need is a fog machine. :grin:

Seriously though, this is very cool. I wouldn't worry too much about a "build photo" - when you're going for an atmospheric, story photo like this, I don't think it's all that important. If anything, a build photo might take away something from the story photo. Plus, sometimes you have to build specifically for the picture to look good, which might mean you had to sacrifice elements elsewhere (my swamp hut used by Raavage in the prelude story is an example - I built it for the picture, in real life it isn't anywhere near as impressive).

Thank you all, for taking the time to comment and the kind words, glad the setting works for all - especially those of you like Masseditor / Titus whom I regularly check on on flickr, very humbling that you took the time to give feedback :laugh:

The Lighting is brilliant and so is the base and tree. With so many entries for this challenge this feels very unique and different compared to some others. Great job :sweet: 

Stunning photography, and an excellent scene to accompany it. :thumbup: The little bits of sand green/dark green moss look nice, and the tree is superb as well.

The photography really stands out here--great work! (One of my Lego goals this year is to do some dark photography.)