7 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

The engines are a true piece of art. One of my biggest issues with the lego set was the huge gap between the engines where the wings folded back and the way they felt unconnected to the ship. This is a much more elegant solution.  Really deserving of the UCS name.

They are okay ..it the part where I started designing. To give an idea each motor is composed of 261 pieces. So the couple has more than 500 pieces ..

Just now, JACKATTACKS said:

Wow! Really love this ship. Your model is perfect and captured the ship really well!

Thanks a lot .. surely the ship's design helps a lot!  :-)

8 hours ago, Lahh001 said:

Roughly how much did it cost to source the bricks?

3 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Wow This is a gem of a build!!! Congrats it's awesome.

4 hours ago, KlodsBrik said:

I love this ! :wub:

Such a beuty, and seem´s to be extremely well built !!! 

KlodsBrik.

5 hours ago, freejack said:

Beautiful.  Wasn't too fond of the official Lego model but this is a must have.

9 hours ago, Hunter003 said:

This is amazing......once instructions are released I think this will be my next big build.

superb job

Thank you all for the compliments. To answer the question on the cost of the parts I must say that I have never made a precise evaluation because 75% of the pieces I had in the house between the bulk.
In principle, however, I can state that does not contain pieces particularly difficult to find. In the design phase I have taken account of this aspect

This is a truly fantastic UCS model. I am really looking forward to be able to obtain the instructions and brick list to build and add to my collection.

Thank you for creating something so awesome as I doubt we will see anything as good as this produced by LEGO...

1 hour ago, Grizzlygreeno said:

This is a truly fantastic UCS model. I am really looking forward to be able to obtain the instructions and brick list to build and add to my collection.

Thank you for creating something so awesome as I doubt we will see anything as good as this produced by LEGO...

Thank you very much .. I Grizzlygreeno a special idea for your collection .. soon there will be news

On 15/2/2017 at 7:54 PM, Bainreese said:

Nicely done!

Thanks so much!

On 15/2/2017 at 9:00 PM, Brickfada said:

This is beautiful. I woul like to have more pic of the interior.

Thanks so much! ..I a surprise even for that!

This indeed is a great model, and I as well love the U-wing.  I also building my own rendition of the U-wing.... but, being one who mostly builds in Technic, I am doing mine in nearly exclusively Technic bricks.  Kinda like the Drakmin's X-wing and other builds (although likely will not be nearly the same quality).  I am implementing the Technic technique (???) for the wings and will try to add an element of functionality to the build.  The sliding wings will be functional as well as the bay doors (hopefully).  So, naturally, I have some questions.....

I see that your wings slide back like the real thing...... Is this done manually, one wing at a time?  If so, do you have any pics of how they are mounted?  Mine will mount with gears engaged, given that the function of wing-rotation will also be done manually, but by gears, not, literally, manually (one at a time, by ones hands).  Also, I see that when they are in their forward position, they lock into position by a pin I think.  Is that correct? 

Lastly, do you have plans, or a set of certain pics that you used for scaling?  As I research there appears to be little nuances that make every rendition  a little different.  I have seen several online pics where even the sizes appear different.  Toys, not just Lego, bus also other plastic models I have seen miss the mark a little. Not that I am all that concerned.   In reality, I see the spaceships of SW as cars, or other machines of today.  Take a Boeing 747 for example, there are many, many different renditions of this plane.  If the future were to become a reality, and we really did have similar ships as in SW.... you can bet there would be many different renditions, with color variations, different features, scaling of different features, etc.......

10 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

This indeed is a great model, and I as well love the U-wing.  I also building my own rendition of the U-wing.... but, being one who mostly builds in Technic, I am doing mine in nearly exclusively Technic bricks.  Kinda like the Drakmin's X-wing and other builds (although likely will not be nearly the same quality).  I am implementing the Technic technique (???) for the wings and will try to add an element of functionality to the build.  The sliding wings will be functional as well as the bay doors (hopefully).  So, naturally, I have some questions.....

I see that your wings slide back like the real thing...... Is this done manually, one wing at a time?  If so, do you have any pics of how they are mounted?  Mine will mount with gears engaged, given that the function of wing-rotation will also be done manually, but by gears, not, literally, manually (one at a time, by ones hands).  Also, I see that when they are in their forward position, they lock into position by a pin I think.  Is that correct? 

Lastly, do you have plans, or a set of certain pics that you used for scaling?  As I research there appears to be little nuances that make every rendition  a little different.  I have seen several online pics where even the sizes appear different.  Toys, not just Lego, bus also other plastic models I have seen miss the mark a little. Not that I am all that concerned.   In reality, I see the spaceships of SW as cars, or other machines of today.  Take a Boeing 747 for example, there are many, many different renditions of this plane.  If the future were to become a reality, and we really did have similar ships as in SW.... you can bet there would be many different renditions, with color variations, different features, scaling of different features, etc.......

Meanwhile I apologize me for my English.. as it regards the wings I have held to avoid mechanisms of opening type those of the shuttle ucs. The wings are too much heavy and long to be able to be managed by a mechanism of small dimensions.
To create a mechanism suitable would have denaturalized the form of the attack between motors and wings and the thing I didn't like it.
Then you/they must be opened to hand and the everything it rotates through a pin that he/she is seen in the photos.
As it regards the material of departure I have taken I sprout from the photos on google and from the tapes that they were found on youtube (critique of the kit of construction).

This is just an incredible build! Absolutely magnificent. I would love to get your U-Wing and my Zeta-Class Cargo Shuttle in the same room! They would look great together.:grin:

7 hours ago, StarBricks said:

Meanwhile I apologize me for my English.. as it regards the wings I have held to avoid mechanisms of opening type those of the shuttle ucs. The wings are too much heavy and long to be able to be managed by a mechanism of small dimensions.
To create a mechanism suitable would have denaturalized the form of the attack between motors and wings and the thing I didn't like it.
Then you/they must be opened to hand and the everything it rotates through a pin that he/she is seen in the photos.
As it regards the material of departure I have taken I sprout from the photos on google and from the tapes that they were found on youtube (critique of the kit of construction).

Yes, unfortunately I think there is a bit of a communication problem.  I understand only a little of this. 

But no matter..... thanks for the response anyways.  If I understand correctly, you think that a mechanism to sweep wings back would be impossible b/c of weight, etc.  I partially agree.  Your wings are longer, but mine wider, and therefore the weight may be similar between the two  but because of the length it may not be possible.  I think this is not because a mechanism would not be strong enough, rather, too much bending because the junction point with the wing to ship too far and would experience a lot of bending.

Anyways, I have actually completed my mechanism, and it works. It required a little different body configuration than what is typically seen in sketches of the U-Wing, but like I mentioned in my first post that doesn't worry me much. 

13 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Yes, unfortunately I think there is a bit of a communication problem.  I understand only a little of this. 

But no matter..... thanks for the response anyways.  If I understand correctly, you think that a mechanism to sweep wings back would be impossible b/c of weight, etc.  I partially agree.  Your wings are longer, but mine wider, and therefore the weight may be similar between the two  but because of the length it may not be possible.  I think this is not because a mechanism would not be strong enough, rather, too much bending because the junction point with the wing to ship too far and would experience a lot of bending.

Anyways, I have actually completed my mechanism, and it works. It required a little different body configuration than what is typically seen in sketches of the U-Wing, but like I mentioned in my first post that doesn't worry me much. 

For me it was important to keep as much as possible the form and original design of the ship. I had also planned an opening mechanism technic but once realized I realized that it was too fragile and the weight of the wings plus the weight of the engine bent.
17 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

This is just an incredible build! Absolutely magnificent. I would love to get your U-Wing and my Zeta-Class Cargo Shuttle in the same room! They would look great together.:grin:

Thank you for your compliments. Even your Zeta-Class is very beautiful.

Ciao StarBricks,

questo modello è veramente spettacolare! Un capolavoro! I dettagli mi piacciono molto.

Pero la cosa più bella che ho letto è che ci saranno anche le istruzioni! Non vedo l’ora che vengono pubblicate.

Gli pubblicherai in questo thread oppure in un altro?

Saluti dalla Germania!

39 minutes ago, DJMatt said:

Ciao StarBricks,

questo modello è veramente spettacolare! Un capolavoro! I dettagli mi piacciono molto.

Pero la cosa più bella che ho letto è che ci saranno anche le istruzioni! Non vedo l’ora che vengono pubblicate.

Gli pubblicherai in questo thread oppure in un altro?

Saluti dalla Germania!

Ciao DJ Matt grazie per i complimenti e sono felice che ti piaccia. Il duro lavoro e le centinaia di ore passate a studiare, progettare e costruire il mio U-Wing sono ampiamente ripagate dalla soddisfazione di sapere chevi è piaciuto. Dopo il MEI di Verona (metà Marzo) rilascerò ulteriori informazioni riguardo le istruzioni. Qui o anche sul mio profilo flickr. Grazie ancora.

Bellissimo lavoro Starbricks non vedo l ora di ammirare il tuo modello a verona,  mi riconoscerai perché resterò  ore a fissarlo, hehe.

14 hours ago, drakonik87 said:

Bellissimo lavoro Starbricks non vedo l ora di ammirare il tuo modello a verona,  mi riconoscerai perché resterò  ore a fissarlo, hehe.

Grazie mille! Ti aspetto!

5 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

This is an internatioanl site, please use english when posting on EB, thanks.

Ok.. sorry