Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Book II - Challenge V - Catagory A: Riders of Historica - Spire - Caught

-We got him! We really got him! I told you it would work!

-Well, I call it luck!

-Not for that guy! Get the letter and slain the little lad!

32628117561_8db15557e0.jpg

32371808820_1a1e6ba856.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

That's one tough rope! :grin:  Great concept and the tree looks really good! :thumbup: 

Very nice, DG! I especially like the orc caught in mid-leap over the wall. The irregular base serves well here. I am not sure if you were going for a tree in autumn, but that is what it looks like to me, with some dark orange leaf piles on the ground below; otherwise it would be better with some more foliage on it, I think, especially near the top. But it looks good!

Lovely little scene that tells a story easily on its own :thumbup: The section of wall by the road is excellent :classic:

This is a very nnice vignette with a funny note :laugh: 

Especially the colourscheme is great, but I also like some small details like the wall.

Excellent!  I like how the tree appears to be changing colors for autumn.  Having caught the horse rather than the rider is creative, too!  I think the irregular base works well on this.  I also really like the overall color palette of the build.  Good job!

Excellent vig, and great idea for how to catch the rider :thumbup: The irregular base is superb, and the ground has just enough pebbles/texturing.
The fig posing is very nice as well, with the orc jumping over the wall and horse tied up in the tree :classic:

Excellent action with great fig posing! I especially like how the orc is jumping ocer the wall :)

A couple of photography nitpicks on the second pic: I like the short depth of field but the focus feels a bit off, I would have preferred to have the face in focus. I also think the cropping should have either omitted the horse and the orc or included a tad more of them, when you only have a tiny amount of something in the frame it looks less deliberate to me.

But I love closeups with short depth of field, so keep them coming!

Thanks for the comments guys! Glad you liked the base, have almost always a border around my mocs so this was fun to do!

Gideon: Thanks mate! Will remember your tips!