On a scale 1 to 5  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this polybag?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. Will you want to get this polybag?

• Yes, no matter what
    • Neutral, having it or not doesn't really matter
    • No, I will not bother about it

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

I am very pleased to share my very first review for 2017. With the upcoming excitement of the cinematic blockbuster release of the LEGO Batman Movie on 9 February 2017, LEGO has been releasing many sets and promotional polybags to boost the sales. Thus, I am pleased to share this latest promotional polybag release of the 30607 Disco Batman and Tears of Batman. I was lucky to be able to acquire this free promotional polybag release in Singapore upon minimum purchase of SGD$100.00 at LEGO Certified Stores (LCS) on LEGO Batman Movie products with a maximum of two redemption per receipt per customer. This is what I have bought in order to acquire this polybag. I also understand that Shop@Home is also holding similar promotions in the US (minimum purchase of USD$75.00) and UK (minimum purchase of GBP50.00). Without further ado, let me begin with this fantastic awesome polybag review. 

Name: 30607 Disco Batman and Tears of Batman
Theme: LEGO System / Licensed / The LEGO Batman Movie
Year: 2017
Pieces: 13
Minifigs: 2 minifigures
Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A
Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30607 Disco Batman and Tears of Batman32572856292_5e49ce8b31_o_d.jpg
Back view of the original polybag image of the 30607 Disco Batman and Tears of Batman32685455886_dfdb1ccb09_o_d.jpg

This is such a special colourful LEGO Batman Movie polybag
32685451376_c8cb9c9479_o_d.jpg

This is certainly one of the best promotional polybag among the recent LEGO Batman Movie polybags release. Instead of merely recycle Batman or The Joker, this polybag actually feature two very uncommon Batman costumes or outfits which will not be appearing in any LEGO Batman Movie sets. From my knowledge, it is not a common sight to see two minifigures in a polybag especially if I remembered correctly, this seem to be a first for a LEGO Licensed Theme. Please correct me if I remembered wrongly. In my own collection, I have also seen two minifigures on a few occasions namely 30015 Jet Ski30227 Police Watercraft and 30424 WU-CRU Training Dojo. I wondered how could these Batman outfits will fit in the actual movie. I guess it will probably be a few seconds or placed at the background as part of moving scenes. It will be great to see a closer association of these minifigures in the movie featuring dual design themes (Disco and Circus). 

The LEGO building content
31912528023_8d253d82a0_o_d.jpg

The polybag contains 13 building parts. There is no instruction manual and you have to rely the polybag illustration for guidance. These are the remaining spare parts which are pretty useful especially the purple Batman utility belt. The two Batman capes are kept in the small white packs above. 

Double fun and enjoyment
31882873874_1a239ce647_o_d.jpg

The completed built of the Disco Batman and Tears of Batman are very amazing colourful vibrant minifigures in the LEGO Batman Movie. You don't sense or feel the dark grim of his aura in a typical Batman. In fact, these Batman outfits are very fun and cheerful, especially taking the reference design of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series of Disco Guy in Series 2 and Clown in Series 1. There may not be close association with the LEGO CMFs Series but I find it quite inspirational to see a similarities with these references. The Disco Batman is equipped with golden roller skates and a purple utility belt which both are welcoming accessories. In comparison, the Tears of Batman do not have additional accessories but coupled with different colours of his arms (yellow and red) and legs (yellow and light blue). 

The minifigures' parts are pretty awesome and one of the highlights is their new Batman capes especially the golden glittering one which is done very well. Please note the other side of the golden cape is coated with black. The minifigures contain good torso design printing. You can view the  front view with their original facial appearance and turning behind to see their alternate facial appearance. This is also a nice photo of the back view of the completed built of these minifigures.

I will leave with this quote which is very fitting for all of the recent LEGO Batman outfits: "Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman. Then, always be Batman." :wub: 

Our new twin brothers in Batman style
31882872584_eb9b072d5e_o_d.jpg

Join in the costume mascot party celebration
32572856322_c8f733b69a_o_d.jpg

Which outfit should I choose for tonight?
32725913215_f51883fa5f_o_d.jpg

To conclude, this is a very good LEGO Batman Movie polybag which will be highly sought after. This is also one of the best polybag selections so far in the LEGO Batman Movie and it is now coupling with retail promotion. I do not reckon or suggest to buy them at a premium secondary market pricing and take this opportunity to shop for some new LEGO Batman Movie sets. These new LEGO Batman movies are very welcoming and instead of just getting one design, you get an instant two uncommon Batman outfits.  So, what do you think of it? Do you love it? I am very glad to have them mixed it together with my LEGO Batman Movie Collectable Movie Series and with the new sets coming in so fast, the list of Batman outfits will just keep on increasing. 

Summary review
Playability: 8/10 (Good minifigures which can be combined with existing LEGO Batman Movie sets and expand it further.)
Design: 8/10 (Good design with close LEGO CMFs reference and putting it into Batman context.)
Price: 8/10 (One of the best promotional polybag giveaway in the LEGO Batman Movie and do get it as free gift whenever possible or pay at a reasonable price of no more than USD$20.)
Overall: 8/10 (Wonderful polybag design which I am very pleased to acquire it in my collection. Get it when you have the chance to do so.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

I'm planning to get mine tomorrow. It's good to see some high quality images. I didn't realise how much detail was on Tears for Batman.

Probably one of the best "free with £50 purchase" giveaways. 

30 minutes ago, deemen said:

can't wait to have both as part of my collection! nice review, as always @WhiteFang

Yes, these are certainly not to be missed especially if you are LEGO Batman fan. 

6 minutes ago, RM0B said:

Where did you get it and how much money in the US

Please read in the review as I have mentioned it was part of my purchase in Singapore. There is also a similar promotion for US Shop@Home as well in Feb 17. 

1 minute ago, nikhkin said:

I'm planning to get mine tomorrow. It's good to see some high quality images. I didn't realise how much detail was on Tears for Batman.

Probably one of the best "free with £50 purchase" giveaways. 

Yes, it is certainly one of the best promotional giveaway with your purchase. I am sure this polybag will be an instant hit. 

I hate that clown. It's just such a lazy and ridiculous figure. They didn't even change the colours, just printed it onto different coloured parts. At least with the disco one they actually modified the design slightly and added some accessories. 

What I hate even more about it is the fact I had to get it... :p Darn this collectors mindset.

19 minutes ago, Catanas said:

I hate that clown. It's just such a lazy and ridiculous figure. They didn't even change the colours, just printed it onto different coloured parts. At least with the disco one they actually modified the design slightly and added some accessories. 

What I hate even more about it is the fact I had to get it... :p Darn this collectors mindset.

Lol ya I totally agree that the clown suit is pretty basic and boring... At least it has a new cowl though right?

But ya the collector in me needs this. And the greedy side of me needs a second or third to sell to other collectors :tongue:

I wish the black strip on Batman's heads were red and gold to match the cowls, but other than that, these are very good figures. Great review!

Thank you everyone for your thought! Glad you have enjoyed reading it. 

6 hours ago, Catanas said:

Well, I suppose the whole point of getting it is because it's part of the collection. Nonethless, I see your point of the clown kind of being rehash, but then I felt the colours are quite fitting for what a clown supposed to be. I am just quite disappointed with its lack of accessory for Tears of Batman. 

6 hours ago, nikhkin said:

Your biggest crime, of course, is that you have the utility belt on upside down!

I didn't notice until you have pointed it out. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Do you think this will be sold separately in stores later? I think some promotional items later turn up in Target.

We will never know. It might or it might not. Rather to wait for it to appear in stores later, why not just get one polybag first and get more if it ever appears in the wild and get it separately. 

Nice minifigures for the more "silly" Batman suits, he uses in the movie. Fits very well to the CMF ones, and Disco-Batman just looks too fancy. 

Tears of Batman, well, he looks like a Joker parody of batman, and is lacking the batman symbol. A batshaped bowtie would be great. But still, he is the hero the world needs on sad days. Or he is brainwashed by the Joker. Now I want to have far more batsuits, so far only owning Fairy, Metal and soon those two. I really love the take of a more silly side of Batman having a suit for EVERY opportunity.

I would give it a 5/5 as well. It is something special, and far more interesting than the Joker- or Batman training sets, containing only the normal minifigure.

Edited by josykay

On 2/6/2017 at 2:11 AM, nikhkin said:

Your biggest crime, of course, is that you have the utility belt on upside down!

Instant access to disco glitter !

I think it is interesting that Lego wants us to put the Gold/Black Cape on the Disco Batman black inside, gold outside while on the Batpack suit in the batcave it is the other way around, black outside, gold inside.

Cheers for the review!

I like these figs, I really do.
We wanted to order Assembly Square, but refused the "no freebie" option, so we waited for these to come up.
Lo and behold, yesterday, this polybag was added to my shopping bag when I ordered AS.

Can't wait (for both).

Great review and great set. I love when they do the rare minifigure thing. I checked out eBay and of course people are asking way too much for them. Guess I'll make the purchase through Lego.

I'm actually thinking if I'm going to get this polybag. There's a promotion here in my country that if you buy anything in Lego Store with a price range of $30 (currency converted). You'll get the mini batwing and this poly. You guys think it will be worth it? As my avvy says I'm not really a DC/Batman fan.

22 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm actually thinking if I'm going to get this polybag. There's a promotion here in my country that if you buy anything in Lego Store with a price range of $30 (currency converted). You'll get the mini batwing and this poly. You guys think it will be worth it? As my avvy says I'm not really a DC/Batman fan.

I think so. Why don't you just get a $30 set in a theme that interests you? If you really don't like the batwing poly, you can always use it for parts later on. Plus this polybag is great.

57 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I think so. Why don't you just get a $30 set in a theme that interests you? If you really don't like the batwing poly, you can always use it for parts later on. Plus this polybag is great.

Thanks for the advice, probably will get one tomorrow, I won't open it so if I change my mind I can easily sell it on the secondary market. Thanks again! :laugh:

Mostly want to pick this up for the red cowl, but will defnitely be throwing a random head/hair on the Tears Of Batman to make another random Joker thug (like I did with Mime :laugh:)