Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2017 - Information Topic

6 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

Didn't you get one the last time? :look:

I still have four of them on my desk, but they are reserved for the newbies. I'll see what I can do.

Noooope, didn't know I was meant to. I just have the pin from my very first Windsor event, but that's made an obvious hole in my blue EB shirt. :sad:

I'll be at LegoLand this weekend with my son. I thought I'd post pictures here of the interesting pieces I find in the Fabrik, or does anyone think that'll spoil the fun? 

That looks amazing. I probably would need a container to ship everything home..

6 hours ago, MiloNelsiano said:

I'll be at LegoLand this weekend with my son. I thought I'd post pictures here of the interesting pieces I find in the Fabrik, or does anyone think that'll spoil the fun? 

Oh, please do so!

At least to confirm the info provided with the link Cwetqo posted. :wink:

For those who haven't been to the Fabrik yet: 9€ / 100g is not really cheap!

Think before you buy - 100g are very easily achieved when browsing the shop drooling over the parts selection.
Most common bricks are far cheaper at Bricklink or even S@H. Choose the lightweights and the hard to get pieces. Sometimes they sell bricks you will not find elsewhere. I remember transparent 2x4 bricks and lime trees. :wub: 
 There will be enough eventees to guide you through.

Or help yourself with your mobile phone and Bricklink's weight info.
For example a 2x4 brick weighs 2,32g. For 9€ you'll get 43 bricks and for a single brick you pay almost 21c

At Bricklink most colours sell for 7-8c, but if you want a bright green one, you have to pay up to 10€ per brick!

I repost the most interesting part of the link from zusammengebaut.de, image is from Claus-Mark Hahn:

legoland-deutschland-resort-guenzburg-le

And now I'm rethinking my shopping list. :wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool:

Round tiles, 1x1 pyramid plates!

1 hour ago, Holodoc said:

For those who haven't been to the Fabrik yet: 9€ / 100g is not really cheap!

Think before you buy - 100g are very easily achieved when browsing the shop drooling over the parts selection.
Most common bricks are far cheaper at Bricklink or even S@H. Choose the lightweights and the hard to get pieces. Sometimes they sell bricks you will not find elsewhere. I remember transparent 2x4 bricks and lime trees. :wub: 
 There will be enough eventees to guide you through.

Or help yourself with your mobile phone and Bricklink's weight info.
For example a 2x4 brick weighs 2,32g. For 9€ you'll get 43 bricks and for a single brick you pay almost 21c

At Bricklink most colours sell for 7-8c, but if you want a bright green one, you have to pay up to 10€ per brick!

I repost the most interesting part of the link from zusammengebaut.de, image is from Claus-Mark Hahn:

legoland-deutschland-resort-guenzburg-le

And now I'm rethinking my shopping list. :wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool:

Round tiles, 1x1 pyramid plates!

(Sorry for quoting a picture, can't seem to edit the quote on my phone)

These are some good points. Some pieces definitely are not cheaper when buying by weight, but some, especially plant pieces made of the softer, lighter plastic are very good deals. some of the pieces from that picture were there last year, but some I'm definitely excited about as well. Can't wait to look around!

@chubays

I'm not a big technic person, but I'll see what I can find out. Last year they had an entire wall of technic pieces, and I know there were some very large wheels in there, and some gears as well. Hopefully I can be more specific next week. 

Edited by MiloNelsiano

Last year they had Unimog (4,68/piece) and Tumbler (3,42/piece) tyres. This year they will most likely have Claas tyres too, but I doubt they will still have Tumbler Tyres.

I will bring as many Sbrick and Power Functions driven trucks with me as possible. They are relatively child safe (I have building instructions in case they are destroyed) 

Remember to download the SBrick app in advance if you want to avoid roaming taxes.

2 hours ago, Lasse D said:

I will bring as many Sbrick and Power Functions driven trucks with me as possible. They are relatively child safe (I have building instructions in case they are destroyed) 

Remember to download the SBrick app in advance if you want to avoid roaming taxes.

Good, you mention it.

I own an SBrick and don't really know what to do with it. :blush:
Your help and guidance will be appreciated!

13 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

Last year they had Unimog (4,68/piece) and Tumbler (3,42/piece) tyres. This year they will most likely have Claas tyres too, but I doubt they will still have Tumbler Tyres.

Interesting :sweet:

2 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Good, you mention it.

I own an SBrick and don't really know what to do with it. :blush:
Your help and guidance will be appreciated!

Great. There should be plenty of time to play around with this.

Oops wrong topic, I moved the post.

Edited by bricktect

So, as I said earlier, I was at LegoLand yesterday.  It was a great day to walk around in a T-shirt!  Despite an extremely full parking lot, the park didn't feel overly full, and for the most part, waiting times were very reasonable.  When we meet on a Thursday, the crowds should be very small, and for that, I'm very excited.  The new Ninjago section of the park was pretty fun to check out.  I've heard theres already a similar section in the LegoLand in the US, but I've never been there, so I can't confirm how similar they are.  My favorite part of this section rectified to some degree my least favorite part of LegoLand, which is that there are very few opportunities to actually build with Lego.  There were 4 stations within the Ninjago section to build in (2 were in line for the ride) compared to the other 2 that I can think of in the rest of the park.  The ride itself I had very mixed feelings on.  In one section of the waiting line, the room was very hot and smelled badly of sweat.  This was a very pleasant Spring day, so I really don't want to know how that room will be in the middle of Summer.  The other negative point is that the ride broke down in the middle of operation, which will hopefully be an isolated incident, but still seemed worth mentioning.  Otherwise the ride itself was a lot of fun, and my 3 year old had a great time blasting away evil ninjas and skeletons and the likes.  Also, in the Ninjago store there was a build-a-fig wall with a lot of Ninjago Minifig elements.  As for the Fabrik, there was a great selection of pieces.  Most seem to be left over from last year, which was OK for me, as I was able to pick up a bunch of tiles that I never quite seem to have enough of.  Most of the new pieces that I fould interesting were already posted in this topic, but I did find a few more, including the tree leaves piece in white!  The build-a-fig section was very Nexo-Knight heavy, but also had a decent selection for Lego City lovers.  I took some pictures of the bigger wheels there, but I didn't realize how terrible the pictures were until I got home.  Sorry for that, but hopefully they help anyway.  I can answer any other questions as best I can if you have any! Can't wait to go back with you all!

33105018663_3eda2f2044_c.jpg

Minifig accesories are 30 cents apiece, Pumpkins were 5/€3, and parrots were €2.50 for the set of 3.  If I remember right, the build-a-fig was €2.50 a piece for a fig, or €12 for 6 figs, which includes a head, legs, torso, hair/headpiece, and accessory.  With the exception of accessories, Minifig pieces cannot be purchased unless as a whole Minifig.

33917802015_a445f3da8f_c.jpg

33761112922_417436f4e8_c.jpg

Edited by MiloNelsiano

Thanks a lot, Milo!

I didn't know umbrella, teapot and hourglass even existed. :wub_drool:
Are these friends/Disney/elves accessories?

The umbrella is from the Lego batman movie (it's Penguins I think), and I'm assuming the teapot is from Disney, and would also guess the hourglass is friends Disney or elves, but don't know either. 

Thank you for pictures. I can see Tumbler and Unimog wheels and tires, but sadly no Claas tires.

1 minute ago, Aredhel said:

Thank you Milo - there will be some nice things I guess :) 

Agreed!

I will come home with loads of Technic wheels I will probably end up never using :laugh: :tongue:

5 hours ago, Jim said:

I will come home with loads of Technic wheels I will probably end up never using :laugh: :tongue:

Wait.

Isn't that supposed to happen with ... well, most of the LEGO parts? :look:

Large White leaves!! I need those!

Hourglass is from Elves, you get a few a set.

2 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

Wait.

Isn't that supposed to happen with ... well, most of the LEGO parts? :look:

Hehe. I guess you are right. That counts for about 150.000 minus a few :tongue: