Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #157: Staking the Flag

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg
"So we are ready to leave when you are Heroes."

"Well then, we seem to have no pressing reason to stay here. Though I would like to return sometime. Lead the way."

Edited by Lord Duvors

10 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"I do rather enjoy hearing people employ common sense," Hoke says with a wink as he climbs aboard the ship from the hanging rope ladder.

"I believe we are Lady Umbra, but I wouldn't mind taking another look around the island when we drop Augusta off.  Something just vexes me about Madame Mihm's still..."

"Of course, zough from your description I doubt you'll find anyzing."

10 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald doesn't seem too happy to go aboard the ship again. With a very long goodbye to the Kappas, he makes his way up the ladder, onto the ship. Ready as I'll ever be. 

33949010165_55992a07ca_t.jpg
"Thank you barbarian, I understand you were the one who landed the final blow upon the demon. May Torangu's blessing be upon you."

9 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran says his goodbyes and heads to the ship while discussing some finer points of weather-magic with Augusta.

33005640665_d8c18383ed_t.jpg
"Assss you can ssssee casssting weather phenomenon indoorssss can be quite a challange, however the effectssss can be much more potent when ssssuccessssful. I think we will have time to complete your training upon our return trip."

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I guess so, unless someone here is going to try to sell me something. 

33818921461_7564934aca_t.jpg
"Our people have ensure your ship is well supplied for your return journey you should be lacking in nothing. Farewell Yokai"

6 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well then, we seem to have no pressing reason to stay here. Though I would like to return sometime. Lead the way."

As the airship makes ready to depart, Lippi supported by two other Kappa approaches.
33818922121_edbaf3a931_t.jpg
"Thank you for all that you have done here, Master Throlar, your bravery and compassion will not be forgotten. You are truely a friend of all Kappa or as we say 'Kappa Tomo'."

With that Gioconda releases the ships ballasts as the balloon lifts the party upward and homeward. Sailing is smooth as the Destiny's Bounty returns to Wailing Wharf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I believe thissss issss where we part wayssss heroessss, your company has been quite pleassssurable if I may ssssay sssso and thissss diverssssion quite enjoyable. Pleasssse feel free to pay a vissssit to my tower sssshould you ever travel through here again."

The weather mage pulls a tome from her robes.

"Ezeran, you have sssshown a sssspark of potential in the cassssting of meteorological phenomena. Take thissss copy of "Begone with the Windssss" it will help to complete your training sssshould you choosssse to follow in your father'ssss footsssstepssss."

heroica-begonewiththewinds.jpgBegone with the Winds (Grants the holder access to the Weather Mage expert job class upon reaching Level 30.)

Would the Party visit anywhere else on Wailing Wharf?

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I believe thissss issss where we part wayssss heroessss, your company has been quite pleassssurable if I may ssssay sssso and thissss diverssssion quite enjoyable. Pleasssse feel free to pay a vissssit to my tower sssshould you ever travel through here again."

"Thank you for your assistance Augusta, and for training our sorcerer in your ethereal arts."

Hoke looks around a bit down at the Whaling Wharf, wondering if this is the right time to try to pursue the cutthroats of Madame Mihm's.

"Do you want to check on the undeads' progress?" he asks Lady Umbra.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

33818921461_7564934aca_t.jpg
"Our people have ensure your ship is well supplied for your return journey you should be lacking in nothing. Farewell Yokai"

Aaammm, OK. Bye, Mr. Kappa. Why can't I remember names well, did he even tell us his name... 

I would not mind checking out the shop, again. They might of gotten some new supplies. 

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The weather mage pulls a tome from her robes.

"Ezeran, you have sssshown a sssspark of potential in the cassssting of meteorological phenomena. Take thissss copy of "Begone with the Windssss" it will help to complete your training sssshould you choosssse to follow in your father'ssss footsssstepssss."

heroica-begonewiththewinds.jpgBegone with the Winds (Grants the holder access to the Weather Mage expert job class upon reaching Level 30.)

Ezeran takes the tome with trembling hands. "This is, this is exactly like the one my father had in his personal library! Thank you for this tremendously precious gift, I know it is a great responsibility to handle weather phenomena and I will try to honour your act of trust! It's part of my heritage but it might also be a part of Eubrics future. It has been an honour travelling with you and I'll learned a great deal!" The symbiont smiles at Augusta as a sudden breeze can be felt. "Good bye Augusta!"

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As the airship makes ready to depart, Lippi supported by two other Kappa approaches.
33818922121_edbaf3a931_t.jpg
"Thank you for all that you have done here, Master Throlar, your bravery and compassion will not be forgotten. You are truely a friend of all Kappa or as we say 'Kappa Tomo'."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you, and I will not forget you either."

Upon arrival at the Wailing Wharf Throlar, who had been sitting in contemplation at the front of the ship ever since they left Xu, silently slipped away to the Tipsy Tortoise.

23 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Thank you for your assistance Augusta, and for training our sorcerer in your ethereal arts."

Hoke looks around a bit down at the Whaling Wharf, wondering if this is the right time to try to pursue the cutthroats of Madame Mihm's.

"Do you want to check on the undeads' progress?" he asks Lady Umbra.

"I noted ze progress as we circled for landing, everyzing seems to be on schedule."

23 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Aaammm, OK. Bye, Mr. Kappa. Why can't I remember names well, did he even tell us his name... 

I would not mind checking out the shop, again. They might of gotten some new supplies. 

Germ ducks in at Cruster's Castoffs, the Krakkan greets the black knight.
33005324566_a5b9babeae_t.jpg
"Why *slurp* hello. You stopped in here not long ago, *gloop* no?"

"Thank you, and I will not forget you either."

Upon arrival at the Wailing Wharf Throlar, who had been sitting in contemplation at the front of the ship ever since they left Xu, silently slipped away to the Tipsy Tortoise.

Throlar finds the tavern somewhat quiet. A few human members of the Rosalind are still around, but the crew of the mermen all seem to be absent.
32975767101_4ab4643243_t.jpg
"Back again so soon, traveler? What'll it be?"

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ ducks in at Cruster's Castoffs, the Krakkan greets the black knight.

"Why *slurp* hello. You stopped in here not long ago, *gloop* no?"

Yes, hello. I was in here a couple of days ago. Took you local "Weather Mage" on a trip and now returning her home. So, I decided to come back and double check you inventory, mostly to see if you have anything new. 

32 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Yes, hello. I was in here a couple of days ago. Took you local "Weather Mage" on a trip and now returning her home. So, I decided to come back and double check you inventory, mostly to see if you have anything new. 

"I'm afraid *gluup* not, we don't get a lot of inventory turn over in a place *splop* like this. Are you looking for something *calrp* specifically?"

51 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I'm afraid *gluup* not, we don't get a lot of inventory turn over in a place *splop* like this. Are you looking for something *calrp* specifically?"

As Germ takes a second or two to look around again. Thinking about what he could use...

You would not happen to have any of those Elemental Gems lying around? 

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I noted ze progress as we circled for landing, everyzing seems to be on schedule."

"If that's good enough for you, it's good enough for me."

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

As Germ takes a second or two to look around again. Thinking about what he could use...

You would not happen to have any of those Elemental Gems lying around? 

"I don't keep *glurp* gems just lying around, that's how *slurp* you encourage burglars. I have a *splop* personal Sapphire I'd be *blup* willing to part with for 200 Gold."

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

"If that's good enough for you, it's good enough for me."

"It iz. We'll wait for your companions to return and zen shove off, unless zere is anyzing else you wanted to investigate."

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"It iz. We'll wait for your companions to return and zen shove off, unless zere is anyzing else you wanted to investigate."

Hoke takes a deep breath and lets it out through his nostrils.

"No, Madame, I think I'll be alright."

Edited by UsernameMDM

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I don't keep *glurp* gems just lying around, that's how *slurp* you encourage burglars. I have a *splop* personal Sapphire I'd be *blup* willing to part with for 200 Gold."

I think that is a little to rich for my blood. I think I am going to pass and get out of your "hair". 

Germ leaves and heads back to the airship. 

Throlar finds the tavern somewhat quiet. A few human members of the Rosalind are still around, but the crew of the mermen all seem to be absent.
"Back again so soon, traveler? What'll it be?"

"Nothing, thank you. I was wondering if there was any news from Fellcrest recently?"

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Nothing, thank you. I was wondering if there was any news from Fellcrest recently?"

"Not too much, there's been talk of a new fortress being raised in the city, but that's just come through as a request for laborers."

8 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran waits at the ship, looking out at the horizon while sensing the near and far weather systems. 

Torald decides to stay on the ship with Ezeran, so he can get some sleep. And if trouble arrives, Ezeran wont be alone to face it.

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Not too much, there's been talk of a new fortress being raised in the city, but that's just come through as a request for laborers."

"Thanks, nice talking to you."

Throlar returned to the ship.

"Thanks, nice talking to you."

Throlar returned to the ship.

With the return of Throlar, the Destiny's Bounty lifted off for the return home. Cruising across the skies, the mood of the crew was pleasant and they passed through the Strait of Seirenes with no problem and even spotted some harpies watching over the pass. The Crystaline sea, while vast had smooth air currents that carried the ship swiftly toward the free islands. Mooring near the palace of the Ji Pie, the Party was issued in and gained an immediate audience with with Jun and the Ambassador.

heroicanpc-shanxianjipei.jpg
"Heroes, you have returned nearly twice as quickly as I would have imagined."

heroicanpc-jun2.jpg
"Did you doubt their ability mother, with such fine adventurers it is no marvel that they accomplished so much so speedily."

Umbra steps forward.
"Indeed, ze route iz now cleared for our ships and ze land zat your government has donated iz quite splendid."

"The land of Xu has no equal Lady Shadeaux. I would hear what our heroes have to say about all that transpired. Please, tell us of the expedition. I trust the Destiny's Bounty has made it back in one piece?"

35 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"The land of Xu has no equal Lady Shadeaux. I would hear what our heroes have to say about all that transpired. Please, tell us of the expedition. I trust the Destiny's Bounty has made it back in one piece?"

Find, I will go first but I am sure someone else could tell you more. First off your precious airship is in one peice, I don't even think we put a scratch on it. Like Ms. Umbra said the way is cleared. But the biggest issue we had was some "were-cat demon thingy" messing with the Kappa. And we had to chase him off but it sounds like he could return some day. As for what was going on in the port town I think someone else better elaborate, I was unconscious most of the time (I was there). 

'Yes, the expedition was quite succesful. And indeed, the airship is still in very good condition.

Yeah, the Demon-kitty will return one day. He was not very happy that we almost slain him.'

Ezeran smiles and bows. "We had great help from a weather mage called Augusta, please see to it that she will be treated with respect in the future as well!"

"I think you will find the results of our expedition most satisfactory. We secured safe passage through the Strait of Sirens and protection for our ships in return for defeating a manticore that was menacing the siren inhabitants. We also decided to set up the waypost for your ships at the Wailing Wharf in Babeleth and employed a group of undead to guard the site and aid in construction. While in Babeleth we also gained the services of a weather mage named Augusta Wind for the remainder of our journey. Afterwards we made straight for Xu and, upon arrival, discovered the local Kappa were having some difficulty with rogue individuals lead by a individual named Giorgione, who we dealt with swiftly, learning in the process that he was a sort of shapeshifting-kitty-demon-person-thing."

"And then we came back here."

"What has been said is true. The path is secure, but there may be complications in the future from the Raksasha and whoever he may be operating with. If there is, you know who to call upon and where to find us."