Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #157: Staking the Flag

Are we sure we checked everything?

Torald searches the room one last time, looking to find secret handles or doors. 

"Well, maybe it's best to leave this place now, it's more a tomb then a temple..." The symbiont snarls at the corpses lying around them.

3 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Torald searches the room one last time, looking to find secret handles or doors. 

Fine, I will take a quick look with you. 

Taking out his Magnifying Glass and quickly scans the chamber 

17 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"You two have fun, I'm going back to the village with everyone else."

"Let's go."

Hoke heads back to the village.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:43 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Fine, I will take a quick look with you. 

Taking out his Magnifying Glass and quickly scans the chamber 

Germ inspects the chamber finding some text carved into the wall behind the alter. However there is no other sign of traps or hidden doors.

With steadfast heart and patient step the Kappa finds his way

Cross mountain stream and marshy swamp never lead astray

But slow to speak and slow to walk do not one stubborn make
But he who bends like willow tree will soon find peace to slake 

22 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"You two have fun, I'm going back to the village with everyone else."

5 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Let's go."

Hoke heads back to the village.

The main group starts the long trek back to the village where they are greeted by the Kappa Masters.
33949010165_55992a07ca_t.jpg
"Heroes, you return with two of your own missing, did they fall in battle?"

33818921461_7564934aca_t.jpg
"What of Master Giorgione? Were you unable to stand before his following, is he coming here?"

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The main group starts the long trek back to the village where they are greeted by the Kappa Masters.
"Heroes, you return with two of your own missing, did they fall in battle?"

"What of Master Giorgione? Were you unable to stand before his following, is he coming here?"

"They will return shortly.  They stayed behind to explore the temple a bit.  As far as Master Giorgione goes, what all do you know about him?" Hoke asks as he slides the arcane tome out of his pack in view of the Kappa.

Edited by UsernameMDM

On 5/21/2017 at 9:54 AM, Alfadas said:

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Germ inspects the chamber finding some text carved into the wall behind the alter. However there is no other sign of traps or hidden doors.

Let's go, it doesn't look like much is here. All I found is some writing on the wall. And none of it looks familiar to me. 

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"They will return shortly.  They stayed behind to explore the temple a bit.  As far as Master Giorgione goes, what all do you know about him?" Hoke asks as he slides the arcane tome out of his pack in view of the Kappa.

"Kappa join our community from all walks of life. Master Giorgione arrived last spring and quickly grew in popularity, his words were quite persuasive almost magical. It wasn't until he started speaking about purity and innerancy from Kappa tradition to the point of violence that we started to worry. Was that his?"

1 minute ago, samurai-turtle said:

Let's go, it doesn't look like much is here. All I found is some writing on the wall. And none of it looks familiar to me. 

The duo soon reach the rest of the Party.
"I hope you did not profane the shrine in any way."

19 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Yeah, you are right. Lets go!

1 minute ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The duo soon reach the rest of the Party.

"I hope you did not profane the shrine in any way."

If you mean steal something, their was nothing there to steal. The only thing I found was some writing behind the alter. And I am not even sure what it said. 

4 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Kappa join our community from all walks of life. Master Giorgione arrived last spring and quickly grew in popularity, his words were quite persuasive almost magical. It wasn't until he started speaking about purity and innerancy from Kappa tradition to the point of violence that we started to worry. Was that his?"

"Well, there certainly was magic about him: he was really a tiger-demon, I believe they are called rakshasa.  I found this book after we defeated him.  Unfortunately, we did not unmask him before his Kappa followers fell in battle."

5 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

If you mean steal something, their was nothing there to steal. The only thing I found was some writing behind the alter. And I am not even sure what it said. 

"That and my hope is the shrine was not left a bloody battlefield."

2 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Well, there certainly was magic about him: he was really a tiger-demon, I believe they are called rakshasa.  I found this book after we defeated him.  Unfortunately, we did not unmask him before his Kappa followers fell in battle."

"A Rakshasa! You would suggest that such an insidious defiler could have existed among us for so long?" 

"Peace, Master Titian. These heroes have no reason to present falsehoods to us. A Rakshasa is a devilish foe, if you indeed defeated him then we are indebted to you. Their schemes are long and the web of deceptions they create run deep and are not easily uncovered. If a Rakshasa had infiltrated our small village I am sure there was more that he intended. Tell me what became of the demon's body upon his demise?"

19 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Peace, Master Titian. These heroes have no reason to present falsehoods to us. A Rakshasa is a devilish foe, if you indeed defeated him then we are indebted to you. Their schemes are long and the web of deceptions they create run deep and are not easily uncovered. If a Rakshasa had infiltrated our small village I am sure there was more that he intended. Tell me what became of the demon's body upon his demise?"

"He disintegrated into a pile of ash.  The bodies of the Kappa fighters are still there if you would like to see to them.  We left them undisturbed."

20 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"A Rakshasa! You would suggest that such an insidious defiler could have existed among us for so long?" 

"I don't 'suggest' anything.  We were there, and we fought him.  His true identity was revealed only have taking too much damage I suppose.  He fought fiercely, but, as a team, we were able to take him down.  The Kappa that were in the temple with him were surely under some dark magic.  I wouldn't be surprised if his trickery was in this book."

50 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"He disintegrated into a pile of ash.  The bodies of the Kappa fighters are still there if you would like to see to them.  We left them undisturbed."

"Should you ask our help in transporting them back to the village for burial then I at least would be willing to help. I'm sorry we weren't able to save them. Now can you please point me in the direction of whoever the most skilled healer in this village is? Lippi here was badly injured in the fight and needs attention."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"That and my hope is the shrine was not left a bloody battlefield."

Aaammm I don't remember, did we do anything with the dead? The others want to get back quickly, because Lippi was hurt. So, I guess the place is a Crypt at the moment. 

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"I don't 'suggest' anything.  We were there, and we fought him.  His true identity was revealed only have taking too much damage I suppose.  He fought fiercely, but, as a team, we were able to take him down.  The Kappa that were in the temple with him were surely under some dark magic.  I wouldn't be surprised if his trickery was in this book."

"As I feared, with no body left you only destroyed his corporeal form. As the Rakshasa are not of this material plane, there are very few ways to actually destroy them unless they are on their home plane. It will take him time to take on a new form and return to this plane, but I'm afraid he is not gone for good. Our scholars can study the tome you carry, perhaps their are secrets within that would entail his plan and why he came to such a small village."

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Should you ask our help in transporting them back to the village for burial then I at least would be willing to help. I'm sorry we weren't able to save them. Now can you please point me in the direction of whoever the most skilled healer in this village is? Lippi here was badly injured in the fight and needs attention."

"Catho, Parantha, come see to young Lippi." Two Kappa clerics come forward with bandages and healing herbs to patch up the monk.

"Thank you, master dwarf, but we will see to our own dead."

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Aaammm I don't remember, did we do anything with the dead? The others want to get back quickly, because Lippi was hurt. So, I guess the place is a Crypt at the moment. 

Titian shoots the demon an annoyed look.

"Your help in all of this has been most appreciated Heroes. You can rest assured that any future representatives of your Union will be most welcome. This land is bountiful enough for all and we look forward to your brothers from across the sea. If they are half the men as you they will be welcome additions to this land."

"I'd like to know what your mystics find out," Hoke says as he hands over the book,"I've dealt with beings like him before and would be glad to tid this plane of him."

Hoke looks around abit and turns to Lady Umbra.

"Is there someone else we need to meet with? Do we need to scout any potential locations?"

On 5/22/2017 at 6:23 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Titian shoots the demon an annoyed look.

"Your help in all of this has been most appreciated Heroes. You can rest assured that any future representatives of your Union will be most welcome. This land is bountiful enough for all and we look forward to your brothers from across the sea. If they are half the men as you they will be welcome additions to this land."

His eyes narrowed for a second. 

So, is their anything else we should deal with before we head off? I do have this shovel if you need help digging some graves. 

Then taking the shovel and stabbing it in the ground. 

On 5/22/2017 at 8:24 PM, UsernameMDM said:

"I'd like to know what your mystics find out," Hoke says as he hands over the book,"I've dealt with beings like him before and would be glad to tid this plane of him."

Hoke looks around abit and turns to Lady Umbra.

"Is there someone else we need to meet with? Do we need to scout any potential locations?"

The Kappa bows,
"Thank you we will see to it that any information we discover is shared with your organization. In the future any of your Crescent Union are most welcome here, should they arrive only for a visit or to start a new life."

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg
"Thank you, I am satisfied with ze current arrangement between our groups. Your hospitality iz most generous and I believe any of our people that will be settling here will be in good hands."

Umbra turns to the heroes.
"I believe we are done here, I am quite confident in boz ze security of ze land as well as ze dependability of its inhabitants, zanks to your work, heroes. Ze rest of ze Union will be well pleased."

11 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

His eyes narrowed for a second. 

So, is their anything else we should deal with before we head off? I do have this shovel if you need help digging some graves. 

Then taking the shovel and stabbing it in the ground. 

"Thank you for your offer, but as I mentioned we would prefer to bury our own. Your organization has indeed been a blessing upon this land. And we will gladly offer aid to any who choose to work along side us to make it greater."

6 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran nods as Hoke asks his questions. "We need to know if further preparations are needed before we leave!"

"I believe we are all set, let me check wiz ze good doctor zough."

A voice calls down from above. Gioconda at the wheel of the Destiny's Bounty overhead.

heroicaquest15-monalisa.jpg
"We've been all set since we docked in this swamp. You'll be happy to know master Hoke that we've stocked up both on elemental explosives as well as medical supplies."

"So we are ready to leave when you are Heroes."

33005640665_d8c18383ed_t.jpg
"Good, while thissss jaunt hassss been delightful. I musssstn't be away from my posssst for too long."

13 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicaquest15-monalisa.jpg
"We've been all set since we docked in this swamp. You'll be happy to know master Hoke that we've stocked up both on elemental explosives as well as medical supplies."

"I do rather enjoy hearing people employ common sense," Hoke says with a wink as he climbs aboard the ship from the hanging rope ladder.

14 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

33005640665_d8c18383ed_t.jpg
"Good, while thissss jaunt hassss been delightful. I musssstn't be away from my posssst for too long."

"I believe we are Lady Umbra, but I wouldn't mind taking another look around the island when we drop Augusta off.  Something just vexes me about Madame Mihm's still..."

Torald doesn't seem too happy to go aboard the ship again. With a very long goodbye to the Kappas, he makes his way up the ladder, onto the ship. Ready as I'll ever be. 

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I guess so, unless someone here is going to try to sell me something.