Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #157: Staking the Flag

"I'd like to have a look at the Seastar Square, there might be something interesting there, if not we out always look at the giant dead starfish."

11 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke looks over at the demon to see if he is still unconscious.

As he lays there like a lump, he would think it was ridiculous to just drag him around in general. Add to the fact that it is late, he would wonder why don't they just use his bedroll on him and call it a night. 

4 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"I'd like to have a look at the Seastar Square, there might be something interesting there, if not we out always look at the giant dead starfish."

"Sure, let's check the Square, then head back to the Tipsy Tortoise to quench our barbarian's thirst"

Hoke heads to the Square.

1 hour ago, samuraiturtle said:

As he lays there like a lump, he would think it was ridiculous to just drag him around in general. Add to the fact that it is late, he would wonder why don't they just use his bedroll on him and call it a night. 

Seeing the limp lump laying about Hoke sighs.

"Should we just use one of his Potions on him?  We made need him if we get into something," Hoke says as he looks over the demon,"Well, maybe not.  Just prop him up against the Hostel and leave him be."

As the heroes head toward the square a loud sound like thunder echos from the Tipsy Tortoise. A shadowed figure stumbles outside and towards the center of Starfish Square and collapses in the lone fountain of the square, blood beginning to pool in the shallow water. Upon closer inspection, the heroes recognize the were-penguine. Dead.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

As the heroes head toward the square a loud sound like thunder echos from the Tipsy Tortoise. A shadowed figure stumbles outside and towards the center of Starfish Square and collapses in the lone fountain of the square, blood beginning to pool in the shallow water. Upon closer inspection, the heroes recognize the were-penguine. Dead.

Huh, lovely. Torald tries to examine the body, not touching it, looking for clues on how he died or who did it. 

3 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Huh, lovely. Torald tries to examine the body, not touching it, looking for clues on how he died or who did it. 

Hoke notices the barbarian inspecting the penguin.

"Looks like he attempted to collect the bounty," Hoke states flatly as he searches the penguin for anything useful,"And it looks like he needed more than the Tiger Balm."

After he searches the penguin, he looks towards the Tipsy Tortoise to see if anyone is looking out or leaving.

16 hours ago, Alfadas said:

A gaping hole somewhat bigger than an arrow puncture in the bounty hunters chest appears to be the cause of death.

12 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke notices the barbarian inspecting the penguin.

"Looks like he attempted to collect the bounty," Hoke states flatly as he searches the penguin for anything useful,"And it looks like he needed more than the Tiger Balm."

After he searches the penguin, he looks towards the Tipsy Tortoise to see if anyone is looking out or leaving.

No one seems to peeking out of the Tipsy Tortois as Hoke pilfers the body, finding:
heroica-fleuret.jpg Fleuret - WP: 5, longsword
heroica-grandpotion.jpg Grand Potion – Restores 25 health to the target
heroica-goldpile.jpg 25 Gold
6383613805_0c3d76b2fc_t.jpg Business Card
6882851447_812f409668_t.jpg Wanted Poster for Billy the Squid

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar enters the Tortoise.

Throlar re-enters the bar.

QM Note: Ignore the undead.

32946523862_5917779ff7_c.jpg

"Sorry sir, if your a bit more cordial, we probably would've helped," Hoke says as he stashes the penguin's gear,"Sorry Torald, looks like he used the Tiger Balm already."

Hoke stands after putting away the penguin's possessions, holding 2 different pieces of paper. He examines the smaller one first, then unfolds and reads the larger one.

The Wanted Poster upon closer inspection appears to resemble more of a Quest Posting

Quest #22: Stolen Heart
Assignment: After a rather sordid affair with a one Master William the Squid of the ship Whaling Johnny, I am in need of a party to ensure his capture and transport to Salmanda. In what state I leave to up to the Party, revival is always an option. ~ Aunt Theresa of Salmanda
Party Requirements: 1-2 skilled members of your organization
Reward: A Grating Stone to each party member and 100 Gold.

The business card is plain and unassuming.

Madame Mihm's
Fortunes Foretold, Futures Found Out, Secrets Scrutinized
Appointment Only
Wailing Wharf, Babeleth

6 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Sorry Torald, looks like he used the Tiger Balm already."

O well, can't have everything.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The business card is plain and unassuming.

Madame Mihm's
Fortunes Foretold, Futures Found Out, Secrets Scrutinized
Appointment Only
Wailing Wharf, Babeleth

Hoke takes a closer look at the card as he walks over to Tipsy Tortoise, seeing some of the letters are different from the others.

"Looks like we have 'the word' for Madame Mihm's," he says as he hands Throlar the wanted poster,"Think the bounty is worth collecting now Thorlar?"

Edited by UsernameMDM

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke takes a closer look at the card, seeing some of the letters are different from the others.

Hoke confirms that some of the letters are different from the others.

17 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Throlar re-enters the bar.

QM Note: Ignore the undead.

32946523862_5917779ff7_c.jpg

Throlar walks over to the merman.

"Excuse me, but I just saw a man walk out of here with a hole in his chest and die. Would you kindly tell me just what the hell happened in here?"

6 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Looks like we have 'the word' for Madame Mihm's," he says as he hands Throlar the wanted poster,"Think the bounty is worth collecting now Thorlar?"

Throlar doesn't take it because he's currently inside the building while Hoke is outside it.

17 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar doesn't take it because he's currently inside the building while Hoke is outside it.

Edited. Hoke is now at the Tipsy Tortoise.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

Throlar walks over to the merman.

"Excuse me, but I just saw a man walk out of here with a hole in his chest and die. Would you kindly tell me just what the hell happened in here?"

32975766301_55484a90b7_t.jpg
"Personal dispute. Seems like things are back to normal." The merman takes a sip from his tankard.

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

Edited. Hoke is now at the Tipsy Tortoise.

Hoke walks into the tavern and passes Throlar the note.

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran follows the other inside and tries to examine the floor and surroundings for clues including blood.

Ezeran spots a small pool of blood near one of the back tables trailing off to the door, a few of the chairs and tables seemed to have been pushed slightly aside, and the sorcerer finds an iron ball embedded in one of veranda's support beams. A slight smell of black-powder still hangs on the air.

25 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

32975766301_55484a90b7_t.jpg
"Personal dispute. Seems like things are back to normal." The merman takes a sip from his tankard.

Hoke walks into the tavern and passes Throlar the note.

Ezeran spots a small pool of blood near one of the back tables trailing off to the door, a few of the chairs and tables seemed to have been pushed slightly aside, and the sorcerer finds an iron ball embedded in one of veranda's support beams. A slight smell of black-powder still hangs on the air.

Ezeran points out the iron ball to Hoke. "Seems like he had an appointment with that iron ball at a high velocity. I'm guessing we can make a good case aa to whom is responsible..."

15 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran points out the iron ball to Hoke. "Seems like he had an appointment with that iron ball at a high velocity. I'm guessing we can make a good case aa to whom is responsible..."

"We could, but do we want to? How do we know he was not justified in defending himself?"

4 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"We could, but do we want to? How do we know he was not justified in defending himself?"

"True, but now we have the leverage. If we need it."

5 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

"True, but now we have the leverage. If we need it."

"Not sure how self defense is leverage, but if y'all want to collect the bounty...I mean that's what we are anyway: bounty hunters and mercenaries," Hoke says to the sorcerer as he looks around the tavern.  His eyes go back to Amelia and to her crew.  There seemed to be three of them.

"I have an idea," he says before he makes his way over to Amelia.

But first, he goes to Throlar.

"Let me borrow that real quick," he says, snatching away the wanted poster, unsure if the dwarf even read it.

"How is your nautical equipment holding up?" he ask with a wink,"I have another proposition for you," he says as he slides over the folded wanted poster.

Edited by UsernameMDM

5 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"How is your nautical equipment holding up?" he ask with a wink,"I have another proposition for you," he says as he slides over the folded wanted poster.

32975769171_4be558ec34_t.jpg
"My port's open if you're lookin' for berth." The sailor opens the note and scans it, "So that was what all that hubbub was about. This from that hall?"

43 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"My port's open if you're lookin' for berth." The sailor opens the note and scans it, "So that was what all that hubbub was about. This from that hall?"

"It's possible," Hoke says with a shrug of his shoulders,"But, if he was willing to die trying, I believe the offer is bonafide. It doesn't say there is a limit on how many can claim the reward, we just have to bring him in.  Let me propose this: have your crew join my crew in collecting this bounty. There will be less competition for your crew when the waters are ready again, and they will be permanently down by their best gunner, or so he claims.  This can't be the first time crews have squabbled and fought.  Business as usual, right?  What do you say?"

He held back his ability to command, hoping that Amelia and her crew were up to the task on their own.  He would not risk the lives of those who were unwilling.  

Edited by UsernameMDM

50 minutes ago, UsernameMDM said:

"It's possible," Hoke says with a shrug of his shoulders,"But, if he was willing to die trying, I believe the offer is bonafide. It doesn't say there is a limit on how many can claim the reward, we just have to bring him in.  Let me propose this: have your crew join my crew in collecting this bounty. There will be less competition for your crew when the waters are ready again, and they will be permanently down by their best gunner, or so he claims.  This can't be the first time crews have squabbled and fought.  Business as usual, right?  What do you say?"

He held back his ability to command, hoping that Amelia and her crew were up to the task on their own.  He would not risk the lives of those who were unwilling.  

"When a man brings a sword to a handcannon fight he shouldn't try drawing first." The sailor smiles at Hoke, "Besides, we wouldn't have to worry about competition if you had decided to hire us earlier. Yer lucky we're still talking after ya tried that one, good thing your cute. Anyways, the captain won't see any good in starting a blood feud with another crew, we're whalers, not pirates."