r5-j2

Simplified Iron man Helmet..good or bad?

Which Iron Man Helmet Do You Prefer?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which Iron Man Helmet Do You Prefer?

• 2012 MCU Helmet Version
    • 2017 "Classic" Helmet Version
    • I like both versions of the Iron Man Helmet

Lego have gone with a simplified one piece (no movable visor) moulding for their latest set including Iron Man etc, whilst I like the fact that they give you hair pieces as well, I don`t like the design nearly as much as the old one I first saw when playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes with my great grandson. I thought it looked cool and it got me started collecting Iron Man minifigures, however I don`t think I`ll be as keen to collect this new style if Lego persist with it..what do you think?

32511451571_73c747d83a_c.jpgIMG_2418 by kenny burns, on Flickr

31821935453_e0fdd6b82b_c.jpgIMG_2422 by kenny burns, on Flickr

I personally quite like the new helmet design for this one, I think it captures the All New All Different Iron Man quite nicely. That said, I wouldn't like to see this helmet continue for everything from now on. Do you have all the Iron Man variants now what with these new ones?

Edited by Captain Britain

I think it's fine. It's meant for characters that don't have the classic Iron Man face shape and it works for that purpose well enough. That said, I do prefer the old one and I'm sure they will use it again for the next movie-based sets.

I find it pretty ironic that everyone was complaining about the first Iron Man helmet because of the bulky visor and now that they made one without it, people are crying to have the old one back. There's just no pleasing some people. :sadnew: *smh

Personally I like old 2 piece helmet better as it looks great on movie versions of Iron Man. But new one is better for comic book version s of Iron Man, so it depends on version of the character. But I think Lego will keep using old helmet for upcoming Infinity War sets and other movie versions of Iron Man, it just suits that version of the character better.

Plus the good thing of this new helmet is that it can be used for other figs than iron man. I really like the detroit steel minifig and even superadaptoid. 

23 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Personally I like old 2 piece helmet better as it looks great on movie versions of Iron Man. But new one is better for comic book version s of Iron Man, so it depends on version of the character. But I think Lego will keep using old helmet for upcoming Infinity War sets and other movie versions of Iron Man, it just suits that version of the character better.

For ANAD and Classic look of Ironman the new helmet looks really good.

But I also prefer the old one, it gives us the MCU vibe opening face plate.

If they uses the new mold again, I personally want to see Mark 1.

And for the old helm, i hope it appears in the Spiderman home coming set that will include Ironman

I much prefer the two-piece helmet. It looks better and has more display options: closed, open, removed.

I suspect that LEGO went with the one-piece version because it will cost less to produce in the long term. The additional hair piece that comes with the minifigures that have the single piece helmet is probably pretty inexpensive. If I'm right, we won't be seeing the two-piece helmet again.

I hate the new hemlet. I think it looks too childish and simplified. These are the first sets I'm actively avoiding. If they don't go back to the old molds (or new versions of the old ones) for the movie sets I'll possibly just avoid Iron Man all together. It's REALLY ugly and such a HUGE downgrade.

3 hours ago, Oky said:

I find it pretty ironic that everyone was complaining about the first Iron Man helmet because of the bulky visor and now that they made one without it, people are crying to have the old one back. There's just no pleasing some people. :sadnew: *smh

Ugh, this so much.

In my opinion, I love the new helmet design. It's way more versatile and has a multitude of other uses, like Detroit Steel and Super Adaptoid. It also allows for more comic-accurate printing.

I love the old helmet as well; I hope Lego continues to use it for the movie sets while saving the new mold for the comic-based sets. The old mold is nice but extremely specialized.

Don't worry the old one won't be replaced after all lego has multiple batman cowl moulds running concurrent to each other.

This is actually the first time I've seen the new mold besides the Mighty Micros set. I think it looks good and that they both have their places in certain sets.

12 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Don't worry the old one won't be replaced after all lego has multiple batman cowl moulds running concurrent to each other.

On point. I still wanna see bones, peace maker, red snapper, shot gun, disco and blue steel with the old IM helmet. 

I've added a poll to this. :thumbup:

Personally I think both have their uses, and neither of them look bad really. I do find the movable visor on the old 2012 version, visually, entirely unnecessary. Frankly I think it looks ridiculous with the visor up. The only advantage being that it allows you to swap out colors and styles of the various helmets. On the 2017 version, I rather like it. That being said, I do wish the Micros version didn't go with an angry expression face, which almost ruins the Classic Iron Man figure you can make with it. Almost.   

I definitely feel the versatility of the new helmet makes it the better option. I never had any issues with the old helmet, but as soon as I saw the new mold with the ANAD Iron Man print I feel in love with it. Hopefully we will see more comic inspired Iron Man figures now.

I prefer the older version, mostly because of the shaping. The visor is a nice play feature, but I can't say I use it too frequently. I think I would prefer the new one if it was tapered a little more toward the neck, but then again it might be difficult to attach.

I'll wait and see how it plays out, but I'm sure they will use both, since both have different uses.

My very favorite Iron Man armors are all designs that would use the older helmet (comics Pre Extremis suit, comics Extremis suit, MCU Mark 3, MCU Mark 7), but I do have a soft spot for the classic armors of the comics. Virtually all the helmets from the 1960s to the 1990s had roughly the same design, with a yellow-gold face plate on a bright red helmet, and using black rectangles for the eyes and a black trapezoid for the mouth, and I think that style of design would fit far better on the new helmet than the old one.

I think the new mold has potential, but I'm not in love with it yet; I strongly dislike the two Iron Man helmets we've gotten with it thus far.  The Mighty Micros is too cartoony, and the ANAD helmet is too specific to a design that I don't like very much. The two villain helmets actually look better, which give me some hope that they'll do good things with it, maybe even outside the Marvel line.

If they use the new helmet to make a true classic Iron Man to accompany the other classic characters they've made (Spider-Man, Thor, Captain America, Falcon, Hulk, etc.), then I'll accept it.  If they don't, I'd just as soon keep the old one on future Tonys.

4 hours ago, N_Cat said:

I think the new mold has potential, but I'm not in love with it yet; I strongly dislike the two Iron Man helmets we've gotten with it thus far.  The Mighty Micros is too cartoony, and the ANAD helmet is too specific to a design that I don't like very much. The two villain helmets actually look better, which give me some hope that they'll do good things with it, maybe even outside the Marvel line.

Seconding this. I think a lot of the dislike for the new mold comes from the first two models made with it being a Mighty Micro, and the ANAD helmet which translates weirdly to Lego. The Hammer helmet looks much better, since the addition of a mouth helps make the whole thing look balanced.

Personally, I'm glad to have both to introduce some more variety into my Iron Legion. Hope they continue using the visor mold for the MCU, and the new mold for comics inspired armors.

I prefer the old one. I always liked the visor, and being more of an MCU fan the movie-accuracy is great for me. Plus the new one is HUGE! Way too huge!!

13 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I prefer the old one. I always liked the visor, and being more of an MCU fan the movie-accuracy is great for me. Plus the new one is HUGE! Way too huge!!

To me the new one looks about the same size as the MCU version, if anything slightly smaller.

i quite like the new helmet, works very well for ANAD Iron Man, and is great for other armoured minifigures. I'd say they they'll keep using the MCU helmet where they have to, like how they'll use the 2015 Batman cowl piece for the Justice League sets, but haven't been using it in Dimensions or The Lego Batman Movie.

On 2/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Captain Britain said:

I personally quite like the new helmet design for this one, I think it captures the All New All Different Iron Man quite nicely. That said, I wouldn't like to see this helmet continue for everything from now on. Do you have all the Iron Man variants now what with these new ones?

Only what you see, but I`m now a definite fan of the old school version , that said,Lego will be able to put more complicated prints on the smoother surfaced new design, so this might be the way it  is going to have to be .Maybe as already pointed out, Lego are trying to ease production issues with this one piece design. It won`t be so bad I suppose , providing they supply a hairpiece, if they don`t then they might as well just go with an all black head!  

Kenny 

Edited by r5-j2

Another thing just occurred to me, how durable is the printing going to be?..the old helmet is made up of two differently colored plastic components with the eye/mouth detail recessed into the visor piece..so I think the older style would be less prone to accidental damage.  

I feel like people would like this new one better if it had the classic comic iron man face printed on it, and no I don't count the weird micros version.