VaderFan2187

[BH - Rodian]

Hello there. I am Nightmare, a bounty hunter. :pir-skel:

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%207_zpsmxf6kyve.png

I am one of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy. I am armed with a blaster, an electrostaff, and... some other tricks up my sleeve :wink:

If you want to kill a Rodian on Tatooine, who you gonna call? Nightmare!

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%201_zpsxlf1qivl.png

I arrived at the Rodian's house. A simple knock on the door was all it took, before long it ended up in this pose.

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%202_zpsqyxz0lcs.png

I pull the trigger.

Rest in pieces.

Spoiler

Extra pics:

Front shot of house =

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%203_zpscd9px6jr.png

Back shot of house =

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%204_zpshb8argfe.png

Interior of house =

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%205_zpsdoycjneo.png

My Point of View (The Rodian's kneeling pose looks better here):

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%208_zpsi25tnz3i.png

Bottom view of the whole build =

SoNE%20BH%201%20Shot%206_zpsrpzxrpxs.png

It is bigger than a 16x32 baseplate.

@Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka I would like this to be judged, thanks in advance :sweet:

Edited by VaderFan2187

Nice. For some reason, I really like how the inside of the house is very barren, except for that it has a seemingly massage chair. Looks like the Rodian sold everything to afford it, gotta be that Spinemelter 2000, lol.

Edited by Cody Startale

11 minutes ago, Cody Startale said:

Nice. For some reason, I really like how the inside of the house is very barren, except for that it has a seemingly massage chair. Looks like the Rodian sold everything to afford it, gotta be that Spinemelter 2000, lol.

Ahaha, now I wanna make a backstory for him :laugh:

Oh, and the carpet is exquisite bantha fur... :tongue: JK! 

Edited by VaderFan2187

I love this build,glad to see someone with good building talent on the Empire in stead of the Rebellion.

Edited by LEGORACER1

You have Failed. You can try again for the Rodian now that another contest has passed. The comments are below:

Pass: I think because this was done digitally, some of the effect is lost. But I like your building's exterior and the jagged base is a unique touch.
Fail: Not enough detail in the building or landscape. For a location like Tatooine, there are way to many good examples of how to depict the planet correctly to fall back on castle panels and doors with handles. Basically, slapping a dome on top of a tan box does not make it Tatooine. The sloped edges of the base are a good attempt at making the scene more interesting, but that still has more to do with the presentation of the MOC instead of a valid depiction of the planet.
Fail: Needs more details, its too simple and it has no recognizable elements to it other than a dome on the building.
Pass (borderline): - Building and landscape are very simple, but do look like they would "fit" on Tatooine.  Would recommend that builder look at this example to see how a few extra details can make a "simple" building look really good.  
Fail: I like details like the chambered roof and the small windows that are just right for Tatooine. However, for the rest your build lacks a bit of detail and you made some strange choices here and there. The raised plane where the house sits on seems a bit unphysical to me. You could let the landscape flow more to the house, and even have some sand piling up at the base of the house to make it more embedded in the landscape. Make the building older and newer at the same time: instead of simply using profile bricks, use some more refined techniques to give the building a more worn feeling, and instead of using a hinging door with a door handle, go for something more technological. It are visual and intellectual details like these that will make your build look more natural and better for it. Keep on trying!