Joemmo

[MOC] Rogue One Cargo Shuttle Microfighter

Hi all

After only getting four kits in the Microfighters series 4 I decided to have a go at adding to the range myself, starting with 'Rogue One' itself. So here's my micro MOC of the Imperial Cargo Shuttle. It's 12 studs long, 6 wide with the wings up and about 16 wide with them down, 105 pieces at last count.

32482597322_44989f3b9b_b.jpg

32482597032_4853a6c863_b.jpg

I experimented with a few different builds and the trickiest parts were making the wings strong without too many plates and the orange cargo 'pod'. I had a nicer looking cargo pod using some curved corner bricks but it was hard to make the rest of the build strong so I had to go for slopes and brackets instead.

31792903544_15ed15c139_b.jpg32482588352_53087cc27e_b.jpg

I kept the colours mostly dark grey with some light grey for the wing markings and also a few touches of dark tan, just to add a bit of dirt and break up the shape a little.
The pilot is from the Battlefront battlepack but he's close enough to one of the Rogue One soldiers for the moment.

32513391631_a62d805aaa_b.jpg32482587152_8130841feb_b.jpg

31792903664_3d25c87a60_b.jpg

That's it - hope you like it, all comments welcome. If you're interested you can see some of my Other Microfighter Builds here :) and I can post a link to the lxf file too

Joe

Edited by Joemmo
added link to more images

Fantastic!  I love the MF line and have picked up a bunch of custom versions. Will definitely be Bricklinking this one once you post the LXF :)

Edit: Oh, I was looking at your Flickr feed, and I recently built your FO Transport!  It's a great design, but LDD made some truly terrible instructions for it. Very solid and fun toy once together, but I did remove some of the 2*2 inverted tiles on the underside.  I think the round clear 2*2 inverted tiles would have worked better here, like on the underside of any of the Landspeeder models.

Edited by Prometheum5

Thanks for the comments! @Prometheum5 I'm very pleased you built the FO Transport, that's really cool to hear. You are right about the LDD instructions, it's actually a bit tricky to put together by hand so I'm not surprised LDD gets confused. The build probably would not pass Lego's ease-of-build tests but it is strong once it is assembled. Thanks for the suggestion on the tiles, I'll give that a try and will post a link to the LXF tonight or tomorrow.

thanks for all your comments, really appreciated. You can grab the lxf from here if you're interested.

I'm just building a micro scale Scarif landing pad for it now, will post a pic if it turns out ok :) 

6 hours ago, Joemmo said:

thanks for all your comments, really appreciated. You can grab the lxf from here if you're interested.

I'm just building a micro scale Scarif landing pad for it now, will post a pic if it turns out ok :) 

Thanks!  I was able to upload it to BL after I removed the figure, and for some reason the launchers. I was able to add the launchers back in afterwards using the same part number.  I do not understand BL sometimes. For some reason, there's not a single 2*6 regular orange brick for sale in the US right now, but the rest of the set costs less than $10 without the figure. I can find orange 2*3s tho. Would that compromise the structure at all?

6 hours ago, Prometheum5 said:

Thanks!  I was able to upload it to BL after I removed the figure, and for some reason the launchers. I was able to add the launchers back in afterwards using the same part number.  I do not understand BL sometimes. For some reason, there's not a single 2*6 regular orange brick for sale in the US right now, but the rest of the set costs less than $10 without the figure. I can find orange 2*3s tho. Would that compromise the structure at all?

You can't even see that part once it's finished so any colour 2x6 brick will do - or a stack of 3 2x6 plates to form the 'spine' of the model.

I had the same problem with the stud shooters in BL, must be some discrepancy in the part details or something. Post a pic if you do build one, that would be really great to see!

4 hours ago, Joemmo said:

You can't even see that part once it's finished so any colour 2x6 brick will do - or a stack of 3 2x6 plates to form the 'spine' of the model.

I had the same problem with the stud shooters in BL, must be some discrepancy in the part details or something. Post a pic if you do build one, that would be really great to see!

Oh, perfect. I have a ton of 2*6 plate stock, so I will just throw whatever in there.  Thanks!

That is awesome! The micro fight looks really good. I wish it was a set so I could buy it. I lie how you've done the mini diorama! That stormtrooper with the banana looks furious :laugh:

This Microfighter looks great!  I would buy it in a heartbeat.  I can't understand why they only made 4 Microfighters this time around.  An Imperial Cargo Shuttle and an AT-ACT would have rounded out the "official assortment" very nicely.

The good news is, you built this, which is probably superior to any model that TLG would release at this price point.  :thumbup:  I might just have to build one for myself.

EDIT: I love the banana and the surfboard.  :grin:  It looks like something from one of the LEGO Video Games.

Edited by RogueTwo

hi - thanks for your comments -  I've been playing Lego TFA with my son so that is definitely an influence. As for only having four MFs in this series, they are always in a pair of good vs bad so I guess there wasn't anything else suitable for the Rebels.

It's a problem of balance generally though, I've made a few Micros that haven't been done officially and they are all Imperial or First Order - the good guys just don't have as much choice! I'm currently doing an AT-ST and might have a go at an A-Wing after that but all the smaller classic Rebel / Resistance ships have been done (X, Y & U-wings, Snowspeeder, Millenium Falcon - and I'm just not into Rebels or the prequels :)

To all who think that there are only 4 Microfighters this year, it is very likely that we will get 2 more with the summer wave (just like only 2 Battle Packs in winter with 2 more in summer) :classic:

@VaderFan2187 I'm not so sure - TLG haven't done this so far with the Microfighter series, they've always come out together around the beginning of a year. My guess would be we'll get another 4 themed from Episode 8 for series 5 in December '17 / Jan '18. I hope they come up with some new craft and especially some cool ground vehicles for the Resistance for Ep8