Aleh

[WIP] International Lonestar Truck, 5000+ parts

1 hour ago, MattL600 said:

Hey I'm new here can you elaborate? :classic:

When you don't remove images from a quote it clogs the page, making it hard to read.

A small advice Aleh: the hood would look better if you could add that chrome trim like in the original picture you posted :classic:

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

When you don't remove images from a quote it clogs the page, making it hard to read.

Ah okay 

Thanks

30 minutes ago, MattL600 said:

Ah okay 

Thanks

You are welcome, use proper grammar please, this is a mature forum.

And let's get back on topic.

Edited by Aventador2004

19 hours ago, MattL600 said:

Hey I'm new here can you elaborate? :classic:

Yes, you are new, so I expected that you read the site guidelines, as you are required during joining the site. Quoting pictures make post messy.

Now, we wont take any more space talking about rules, back to the Lonestar!

Start building the sleeper. It's simply the box made of beams, but it has 2 doors both side like the real truck.

I'm going to make it back wider and high taller. Sorry for the bad quality...

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

On 6/13/2017 at 7:59 AM, Aleh said:

Start building the sleeper. It's simply the box made of beams, but it has 2 doors both side like the real truck.

I'm going to make it back wider and high taller. Sorry for the bad quality...

wow,looks great!
why without wheels?

Edited by Milan
Please don't quote images from the same page

Toni-23, I took them off because it's easier to rotate the truck in any way I need.

Edited by Aleh

4 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Mary Mother of God people, read the posts. Don't quote pictures. 

Can't stand laughting :laugh:
BTW I have some difficulties with the roof curves, so no update unfortunately...

The sleeper is now 99% ready. Soon I will order some necessary parts for it and the truck till the parts delivery is going to be ready!

Nowadays I'am planning to connect all the PF and pneumatics to the one complete system, integrate LED's, put on wheels at last :laugh:

I wish I have brickstuff lightning kit :cry_sad:

Or and there're still no headlights - I'm looking for the solution how to design it. One of the ideas is to put bionicle parts like in white Alfa Romeo or orange Aston Martin DB11...

But just to fit them on I have to order them but they are too expensive... :(

And there are still no seats inside he truck... Exterior is done, only seats are left..

The only major difference from the original is that mudgarts are constant and no upping with the hood, because the form of the hood is..hmmm..how to say it... the hood has got no parallel sides and it is to difficult to connect the mudgarts to the hood sides..

What do you think, AFOL's?

800x600.jpg

BTW I will definitely add some lights everywhere :)
PS: does anybody know the password to the unlimited ammount of the LED's to appear? :laugh:

Wow this is a leaqe on it's  own.A stunning model. Really like to see the complete model.

29 minutes ago, IA creations said:

Now i know why you said 5K+ parts in title ....... And password is : blueparrot71 :)))))

wtf is going on?

22 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

Really like to see the complete model.

Me too :laugh:. Can you imagine? Really, I wonder what I will get at finish. :classic:

Thanks for your comments!

Hi guys! I wonder what's your opinion about the front left corner of the truck?
I made some changes to the mudgart, the bonnet, add front lights and change some part of the bumper... What do you think? :look:
PS: I don't know what happend to the seconf photo. Make exercise for your neck :laugh:

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

Looks great. I'd love a video of it moving around to see how the gearbox holds up under heavy torque.

Edited by suffocation

@Aleh this is turning out fantastic. Love the shaping on the truck, and the sheer size of it...:wub:

Think it will make a great pair with one of lucio switch's trucks, think they are (almost) the same scale?

Thanks guys! When finish - I'll film the video for sure!

@Rudivdk Thank you very much, very appreciate! I think all last @Lucio Switch's trucks, my red truck from my avatar and this Lonestar are the same scale, based on unimog tires...

Edited by Aleh

21 hours ago, Aleh said:

Thanks guys! When finish - I'll film the video for sure!

@Rudivdk Thank you very much, very appreciate! I think all last @Lucio Switch's trucks, my red truck from my avatar and this Lonestar are the same scale, based on unimog tires...

I think it's true for the Tractor Truck and for the Crane Truck (31 studs width). The Dump Truck was a bit smaller (29 studs width) and the ACT even more (27 studs width).

About your Moc...it's already better than I initially thought. Just there is something odd on the bonnet. I don't think it's a problem of skills, simply I think you chosen a model with a complicated shape, honestly I have no Ideas to how it could be build better.

On 27.07.2017 at 10:46 AM, Lucio Switch said:

Just there is something odd on the bonnet. 

I was thinking about it sometimes - still nithing to improve there.

But I have some improvements on other places - add some chains to the fuel tank, etc..

IMG_3030.JPGIMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG