ElectroDiva

2017 Lego Trains

130 posts in this topic

Whenever someone says red cargo train, I always first think of 4563.  Then I remember it's not the early 90's anymore, and it makes me a little sad.

I feel like LEGO can do something with the whole "get a train set and get smaller sets to add on". When I was little, I always played with GeoTrax. GeoTrax were multiple set-like toys where kids could get trains sets and add on to them. The thing that appealed to kids was the characters. Each train had their specific engineer, and each train was unique to it's engineer. I loved watching the episodes that came with the sets.

I feel like LEGO can do something like this, make sets but with each train is a specific character and you can make your own stories, or follow a series that is put online. Only downfall I could think of is that it won't appeal to the adults.

Posted (edited)

On 03/03/2017 at 4:54 PM, McWaffel said:

If I'm brutally honest, I'm kinda glad that we're probably not getting any new trains soon, because I really want the red cargo train, but I don't have money for that right now. I have to wait to the end of the year to buy it. So all fingers crossed, I can get the red cargo train and then I'm ready for new trains :D 

It's on sale at Amazon: Lego City 60098 Heavy Haul Train https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SDTYXGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eIcWybTN4PHJ5

It's down to £109 for Prime members from £147.

As has been discussed before, sometimes this means nothing, other times it means that discontinuation is imminent. 

Edited by NotToScale

I hope it will be on sale to the end of the ear. Would be a bummer if I miss out on it.

We should be getting the results of the first 2017 Ideas review soon.

I really hope the  Vintage Tram makes it: 

It's not strictly a train I know, but for me It would rescue an otherwise barren year for official train sets