Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - F10] - A Welcome Reunion

Tags: Land Vehicle, Civil Building, Spaceship, Spying, Stealth Ship

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

After my successful work in helping Dr. Norah with her investigation into the Tropic Thunder she was clearly excited to continue to have me assist. She asked that I go do some analysis of the Kawashita presence on Arium Major. I was to obtain a ship and go there as quickly as possible, which normally would have worried me but my recent luck with Kawashita personnel made me a bit more comfortable. I went out to the spaceport and asked around until I found someone in charge and then just said that I was from corporate and needed a spaceship. These Kawashita people must be really into following corporate orders because he offered me several options. I decided on a very fast ship to try and get there as quickly as possible.

It was a Warhawk class ship, a heavy fighter with great speed and two heavy cannons in the front. It wasn't particularly agile with the ship intended to use the speed, armor, and heavy cannons to inflict damage and get away. As I lifted off I simply pointed it at the proper coordinates and pushed the throttles full forward and watch the distance counter rapidly scroll towards zero.

Arium Major was a planet I was very familiar with, having spent a good deal of time there with my friends the Ter Tahls. Once in Arium Major space I sent them a message and headed for a secret landing platform they had. It was a bit risky since I would be flying in a heavily armed Kawashita ship, but I had to trust that they would believe me.

After the ship settled I jumped out to find Tor Tuss waiting for me. He had come on a motorized scooter piloted by a droid, something for which I suspect I might have had an influence after describing all the ways Octan utilized robotic workers instead of human ones. He was very happy to see me again, despite my peculiar clothes and ship choice.

I quickly caught him up on my work at Mantis and now Kawashita. He was surprised at how much I had changed since we had last seen each other, but was glad that I was safe and had trusted the Ter Tahls enough to come to them. I explained about Dr. Norah and how I wanted to extract her back to Octan with me. He offered his help in any way that it was needed. In fact, he came up with a very good suggestion that I contact Dr. Norah and tell her that I had found something on Arium Major and that it required her to come in person, because they didn't know about the Ter Tahls I could direct her to one of their hidden compounds and then they would help me get her to safety. While there were certainly risks, I did want to bring her to Octan...

32504343536_5b5cc46e4c_c.jpg

31701672014_9fecc46735_c.jpg

Overhead shot:
32166170240_988d375e91_c.jpg

Landing Platform:
32166169890_be353df388_c.jpg

The fighter:
32166168900_08d7676a80_c.jpg

32392835292_1277c805b0_c.jpg

32504342566_0a5989e9a8_c.jpg

32166167850_c81d44a1c3_c.jpg

Attempt at a Glamour Shot:
32422784011_ffc9e620da_c.jpg

Very nice ship. Reminds me of Sky-Fi. 

My three year old saw this and told me he's going to get that guy (Kodan) and that ship for his birthday :)

I think this is the first spaceship I've done that came out how I wanted it. Sadly I realize that there are small details I spent a good deal of time on that aren't visible. I have cheese slopes between the engine and the body at the bottom that you can't see, greebling behind the front air deflector thing, etc. Plus a full cockpit. I either need to take better pics or spend less time obsessed in the details. Oh, and I was watching a lot of stuff on Netflix about WWII era planes when building this, so that was certainly the influence.

This is such a step up from Tropic Thunder, I'm impressed. The WWII influence is there but doesn't dictate the design too much, you've still gone with your own spaceship aesthetic and overall it's got loads of personality. The only thing I would say that detracts from it is it sitting on that long row of inverted double slope pieces instead of being propped up on some retractable landing gear. But still a great job none-the-less: Sounds like a good match for a MANTIS Wraith. :wink:

Yeah, I wanted to do the landing gear but just couldn't figure it out. I have started thinking of an Octan V2 of this... I'm grateful for praise from one of my favorite "enemy" builders. :tongue:

On 27/01/2017 at 5:09 PM, goatman461 said:

My three year old saw this and told me he's going to get that guy (Kodan) and that ship for his birthday :)

Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh:

Beautiful ship!  The tail fins look great, and I like the red on the nose, and the way it flares out at the bottom.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:35 AM, Kodan Black said:

<snip>Sadly I realize that there are small details I spent a good deal of time on that aren't visible. <snip>

Yeah, that happens to me all the time too ... :hmpf_bad: