Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

What the weirdness?

I want this set:

strider2_secret_file.jpg

Will someone please buy it for me? I'm a little confused about it, though. Clearly it's an imitation. I know that, so don't tell me that. That's not what I'm confused about. I'm confused about...everything else.

• What is it?
  • Why is there a door in the middle of a smashed wall in the middle of the park?
  • Do they really dance?
  • Are they super heroes and a girl band?
  • Does it come with that spaceship?
  • Does it come with the moon?
  • That girl on the far left-is her hair eating her face?
  • Why did someone litter when the garbage can is clearly right there?

Does anyone know? *wacko*

The guy in the foreground does bear a striking resemblance to Guy from King of Fighters, a Capcom game out in the late 80s, I believe. He was later introduced into Street Fighter. Though this bears a Capcom logo I think it looks to be fake since it CG on the box and an actual photo of the pieces.

Reminds me of Streetfighter X-D

There was a girl band in Street Fighter? *wacko* This still doesn't explain why they're littering!

Though this bears a Capcom logo I think it looks to be fake since it CG on the box and an actual photo of the pieces.

CGI? You mean they're not real? :'-( No!! Don't tell me it's a fake. I want this! It's my new obsession. I want to open the box and pour the cartoons out and watch them dance for me while they litter in the park.

I'm going to host a contest for who can make the best re-creation of this set. The winner gets the priveledge of giving me their entry. X-D We need to create a LEGO fan-theme based on this set! Someone help me find out where I can get one!! :'-)

Have you seen Gackt live? You would have more hope of understanding then... X-D I'd buy it... where did you find it?

EDIT: Did you find it here?

There was a girl band in Street Fighter?

I'm sure they had music that sounded like a Japanese girl band at one point in a game ;-) As for the littering, not every town is like Hinkleytown, in which it is pristine and where a Walrus may roam the streets without persecution X-D

-Chuck

I'm sure they had music that sounded like a Japanese girl band at one point in a game ;-) As for the littering, not every town is like Hinkleytown, in which it is pristine and where a Walrus may roam the streets without persecution X-D

-Chuck

What? *wacko* I wish Hinckleytown could be like that, where a walrus could be free from the constant fear of being whacked...or given a wedgie, or having his bucket stolen. The horrible, horrible nightmares they must have :'-(

Edit:

Just LOOK at the persecution!

slightlyhigherresmb3.gif

This was taken in their local public pool...

There is still no answer to the girl with the hair to face ingestion problem.

Hahah :-D Very nice find, and a witty presentation. Thanks for the laugh :-P

-Chuck

They're not? The hell you say.confused0.gif

Oh. Not again. For the last time, stay out of our pool. >:-(

Have you seen Gackt live? You would have more hope of understanding then... X-D I'd buy it... where did you find it?

EDIT: Did you find it here?

Wait! Wait! What??!!! What does this article say? Is it trying to say it's not real??!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WANT!!!!

angry14.gif

This is the worst day of my life! Is that set isn't real, what's the point in living? I may as well just die!! sad5.gif

What? *wacko* I wish Hinckleytown could be like that, where a walrus could be free from the constant fear of being whacked...or given a wedgie, or having his bucket stolen. The horrible, horrible nightmares they must have :'-(

Edit:

Just LOOK at the persecution!

slightlyhigherresmb3.gif

A moment of silence for our walrus bretheren *sad*

-Chuck

Edited by Chuck

It's a public pool >:-(

Come, S4J. Let us prepare for the "One Million Walrus March"!

-Chuck

There is still no answer to the girl with the hair to face ingestion problem.

Hahah :-D Very nice find, and a witty presentation. Thanks for the laugh :-P

Laugh?? This is serious! >:-( This is my reason for living and it's fake. How am I supposed to cope with that? :'-(

It's a public pool >:-(

There's a sign clearly posted that says "No Jerks Allowed" :-P

Wait! Wait! What??!!! What does this article say? Is it trying to say it's not real??!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WANT!!!!

Sorry. I'm a party pooper aren't I. :-$

-Chuck

While I appreciate the thought, did you look at that photo? That shark is a gonna man! I'm having fish tonight! X-D

(Nice pic SW4J! *sweet* )

Come, S4J. Let us prepare for the "One Million Walrus March"!

-Chuck

Just a minute, just a minute...

There's a sign clearly posted that says "No Jerks Allowed" :-P

Then how'd your FACE get in there? Huh?! I was gonna be nice about this but now I don't think I'm returning the towels I accidentally borrowed from the pool |-/

You don't support the cause? I bite my thumb at you, good sir *y*

-Chuck

The only person we should have a moment of silence for is my dream of owning that set! :'-(

Wait, that doesn't sound right. It's worded wrong. Let me try again.

The only walrus

The only shark

The only toaster

Oh never mind. The point is I'm going to sit here and hold my breath until I get that set. :-$

The only The only toaster we should have a moment of silence for is my dream of owning that set! :'-(

What a brave little toaster :'-)

-Chuck

Its obviously a very rare case of atleast five different dimensional planes colliding with each other in the middle of a galactic invasion.

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

The set in question is based on the old Capcom hack n' slash game "Strider" from the very late 80's... you know, back before the phenomenon of street fighting fighting games. :-P

Here's a bunch of sprites I ripped from it a long time ago... sadly some of the ONLY remaining classic arcade sprites I managed to save of mine before a very large hard drive crashed. :'-(

http://www.maj.com/gallery/JINZONINGEN73/J...riderproto1.bmp

Those aren't dancing girls in that set... they were these mean chinese mother dogs that were later on in the game, doing all sorts of crazy kung fu jumps at poor Strider to knock him off of floating platform vehicles.

I DID have all their sprites ripped, but alas, that too was lost in the crash.

Now, all I have are some chicks from the Amazon level (that I never got around to cleaning up):

http://www.maj.com/gallery/JINZONINGEN73/J...strider2051.png

The answer is simple. It's another freak creation brought about my dragonator and I's Madness realm. I'm sorry. :-$

~Peace

The answer is simple. It's another freak creation brought about my dragonator and I's Madness realm. I'm sorry. :-$

~Peace

Shameless Self-Promotion ON! :-P

This thread is going to turn out just like the Ice cube thread. I have this... Weird feeling X-D

Well, the set is pretty cool.. *wub* And really weird. *wacko*

angry14.gif

This is the worst day of my life! Is that set isn't real, what's the point in living? I may as well just die!! sad5.gif

Let's try not to overreact... :-P

Then how'd your FACE get in there? Huh?! I was gonna be nice about this but now I don't think I'm returning the towels I accidentally borrowed from the pool |-/

$#$%!!! YOU MADE ME SPIT HARD BOILED EGG OVER MY KEYBOARD!!!

Seriously though...

Block block, Ha...