marbleman

Emerald Night Reborn - Flying Scotsman(update pictures of Coach)

As the prototype of Emerald Night, Flying Scotsman is very famous Steam engine in the world.

00.jpg

After finished my QJ steam engine http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/133621-china-qj-steam-engine/#comment-2572918, I begine to make it, here is my work.

02.jpg03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07-1.jpg

The Light can be lighten.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Have a guess what's this?  It's water tank made by lego parts for smoking.

11-1.jpg

Here is smoking effect.

12.jpg

13.jpg

This is water inlets.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Big Ben XL wheel painted to green

18.jpg

19.jpg

$100 bricks just for fun.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Drived by one L motor

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

The whole train with coach

41.jpg

42.jpg

video link https://v.qq.com/x/page/s0361fjaxjq.html

Put together with QJ

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

My shelf for showing the train

47.jpg

Thank you for visiting.

Add some picture of Coach.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Edited by marbleman

Wow. Do want! Now! :D Very well done! I feel like a lot of MOC trains look like MOC trains and just stand out as such in a Lego World. But yours look just right! 

Overall a very nice looking Flying Scotsman. Instant recognition!

A pity the wheel colours do not match and the smoke stack isn't black. But other than that you did a great job.

Really nice job!  Will you be displaying it at any shows in the future?  I would love to see it run.

This work is amazing!

I love the red parts and the medium wheels of the tender! :wub:

The lights and the smoke effect ...oh gosh ...those things are the icing on the cake! :wub::wub:

Perfect works also on the wagons ...the curved shape looks great!

I've got to say, you've inspired me to sign up to ask a few questions - this MOC is great.

As I only own the Hogwarts Express train and I'm looking make a MOC Flying Scotsman as my first motorised train - I've downloaded LDD to help build it before for I order parts and I have a few questions:

1) Could I have a picture of the gears and how they connect to the central 3 axels?

2) How did you build the part before the Cab? I'm not sure how you got the slant there.

3) Could I get some more pictures of the passenger coaches?

An excellent build with great details. Your title is so wrong though, there is little "Emerald Night" in this very fine MOC beyond the prototype for inspiration. Every feature I see is far superior to the EN (mind you the EN was a great set, but it is overshadowed by many MOCs like this one). Please do post a new topic about your smoke generator, that is a fascinating feature.

On ‎2017‎年‎3‎月‎18‎日 at 6:22 AM, Mkez45634 said:

I've got to say, you've inspired me to sign up to ask a few questions - this MOC is great.

As I only own the Hogwarts Express train and I'm looking make a MOC Flying Scotsman as my first motorised train - I've downloaded LDD to help build it before for I order parts and I have a few questions:

1) Could I have a picture of the gears and how they connect to the central 3 axels?

2) How did you build the part before the Cab? I'm not sure how you got the slant there.

3) Could I get some more pictures of the passenger coaches?

Thank you for concern my work.  The question 1 & 2,please see following picture.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The question 3, please see my brickshelf,  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=569192

Hope my answer is helpful.

4 hours ago, marbleman said:

Thank you for concern my work.  The question 1 & 2,please see following picture.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The question 3, please see my brickshelf,  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=569192

Hope my answer is helpful.

Just what I was looking for thanks! Are there any more pictures of those passenger coaches? I really like those too...

Edit: link to photo gallery isn't public?

Edited by Mkez45634
Link in quote not working

18 hours ago, Mkez45634 said:

Just what I was looking for thanks! Are there any more pictures of those passenger coaches? I really like those too...

Edit: link to photo gallery isn't public?

The Link is working well, I don't know why you can't see it. But I still add the pictures to topic for your reference.

On ‎2017‎年‎3‎月‎18‎日 at 10:08 PM, zephyr1934 said:

An excellent build with great details. Your title is so wrong though, there is little "Emerald Night" in this very fine MOC beyond the prototype for inspiration. Every feature I see is far superior to the EN (mind you the EN was a great set, but it is overshadowed by many MOCs like this one). Please do post a new topic about your smoke generator, that is a fascinating feature.

Thank your for your praise. The smoke generator is simply, just as I showing in this topic

The board support 5V~12V input, so it can be drived by Lego battery box directly. The last thing is find a suitable water tank and you put all of them into your MOC.

6 hours ago, marbleman said:

The Link is working well, I don't know why you can't see it. But I still add the pictures to topic for your reference.

Thank your for your praise. The smoke generator is simply, just as I showing in this topic

The board support 5V~12V input, so it can be drived by Lego battery box directly. The last thing is find a suitable water tank and you put all of them into your MOC.

Thankyou!

I absolutely love the passenger coach designs! Especially with the realistic looking windows. And is that the Orient Express I see in the background on the shelf?  :) 

On ‎2017‎年‎3‎月‎30‎日 at 7:59 AM, Elysiumfountain said:

I absolutely love the passenger coach designs! Especially with the realistic looking windows. And is that the Orient Express I see in the background on the shelf?  :) 

Yes,it's Oriental express.  You could see this topic about it.