BillytheKid

Things form BillytheKid

Before I start with putting pic's here, first a little story so you understand why I rebuild modern sets. I collect or have all trains form grey 12v of the years 1980-1991. And a little 9v, like the metroliner 4558 and Sante Fe. To make the layout prettier with modulair houses and sets of classic town of better known as miniland. Also found Starwars and Harry Potter, because I like these themes.

The new sets of the modern city, the cars & trucks are 6nops wide. The trains I have are also 6nops wide. Cars & trucks are never more wide than trains. I like to keep mine trains orginal, so the modern cars & trucks had to make smaller. The first project I working on is set 60118. I love the set and colors. It isn't finished yet, but pieces are ordered. I wonder what you poeple think of it and if you don't like it, no problem. I do it anyway :grin: .

Just Click here and see the pic's.

Nice to see that I'm not the only 4wide-nut sticking to the older "System". Good conversion, the back in 5-wide is well done.

5 hours ago, BillytheKid said:

Before I start with putting pic's here, first a little story so you understand why I rebuild modern sets. I collect or have all trains form grey 12v of the years 1980-1991. And a little 9v, like the metroliner 4558 and Sante Fe. To make the layout prettier with modulair houses and sets of classic town of better known as miniland. Also found Starwars and Harry Potter, because I like these themes.

The new sets of the modern city, the cars & trucks are 6nops wide. The trains I have are also 6nops wide. Cars & trucks are never more wide than trains. I like to keep mine trains orginal, so the modern cars & trucks had to make smaller. The first project I working on is set 60118. I love the set and colors. It isn't finished yet, but pieces are ordered. I wonder what you poeple think of it and if you don't like it, no problem. I do it anyway :grin: .

Just Click here and see the pic's.

I am also from the 4 wide era. so at first i also was against the cars becoming wider (and bigger). I used to build some of my trucks smaller than some of the newer cars from the latest sets.
the new 6 wides do look good though and building them is a lot of fun

sill thinking about the past i am happy to see someone building 4 wide versions of the new sets. it is an awesome idea! i want to see how it will be when it is done.
i should try some myself

The conversion is almost done, only need the container to build it smaller. But the truck is finished. I bought an extra set so you can see what is the difference between both.

Link the brickshelf for 60118

Next project will be the pizzalorry 60150 and the vestaslorry of set 4999. And I'm busy with set 60018 to put a micro 9v motor in it to turn the bak around, but this truck stays 6nops wide, I need the space for the mircomotor :P .

Edited by BillytheKid

Too bad I can't add pic's anymore here. When you go to mine brickshelf account, you can see I'm busy with building the cafe corner 10182 and marketstreet 10190 in original color of the designer. I was inspired by a promomovie at the legosite itself. Most bricks ordered by lego and other at bricklink.

Both buildings get interior which I found at lego-ideas. The cafe corner gets an extra floor with hotel rooms. Maybe if I like another extra floor, also hotelrooms.

The market street was first designed with dark geen en darkred. I followed the buildinginstruction and changed the darkblue for darkgreen and the light blue in darkred. The light grey in building itself should be brown, but with light grey gives also a nice old look to the building.

Please let me know your opnions :) .

Slowly we keep on building, the marketstreet in the original colors of the designer Eric Brok:

img_2413.jpg
It comes with interior, but that's not finished.

The cafe corner is almost done:
img_2412.jpg

The ground floor:
img_2414.jpg

img_2415.jpg

The 1ste floor:
img_2416.jpg

The extra floor:
img_2417.jpg

The top floor:
img_2418.jpg

Not finished yet, but we keep on building. The interior has rare parts in not excisting colors. We need to adjust the design a little.

The next project is also started:
2284789-o_1a9rsuhtlp081a5ne9pm3d1i517-th

I've already started :) :
img_2419.jpg

Edited by BillytheKid

Really neat to see 4 wides again - allthough some still do it, it definately isnt seen a lot! Imo 6 wides for standard vehicles is too big next to the modulars, making them appear oddly small (despite the fact of actually being small New yorkish/Amsterdam style narrow houses). A little suggestion here from my side would be to make all trucks 5 wide to get a good transition - irl a truck is 2,30 whilst a standard car is 1,70-1,80m - so there is a huge width difference. Around a full stud in any minifig scale. Enjoy building, looking great so far!

Finally the rebuild of set 60118 garbage truck form 6nops to 4nops is finished.

img_2512.jpg

I had trouble with the container, but it was easier than I thought. Just turn it 90degrees instead make it smaller to 5nops wide.

And who knows what I'm building:

img_2510.jpg

img_2511.jpg

Looks a lot like that construction site modular. There was a ldd file of it and someone created the instructions for it to (at least saw that on Facebook :) )