Garmadon

Challenge V - Princes of Garvey - RESULTS POSTED!

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I'm confused. How can this entry be for Mardier if Mardier doesn't get the gold?

Well the city didn't contain the large amount of gold rumoured, or if it does, it belongs to the natives and Corrington will surely not seize it! Dirk however in Part One did have to pay a confidential (yet rumoured to be significantly large) amount of gold to Mardier for the map... So by stopping potential Eslandolan plunderers, and by paying Mardier for the map (funds which will surely go towards their war effort), this entry is for Mardier.

19 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Well the city didn't contain the large amount of gold rumoured, or if it does, it belongs to the natives and Corrington will surely not seize it! Dirk however in Part One did have to pay a confidential (yet rumoured to be significantly large) amount of gold to Mardier for the map... So by stopping potential Eslandolan plunderers, and by paying Mardier for the map (funds which will surely go towards their war effort), this entry is for Mardier.

I missed the "large sum" going to Mardier. Thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Pfff Eslandolan plunderers, in a few hours, the truth nature of the honest Eslandolans will be shown!

Like we would invade the land of Corrington to steal some gold... :p

My entry:

As a collab with Ayrlego, this is also pro-Mardier

Challenge 5E - A Belated Party (Part 2 of a collab together with Sir Stig). - Pro Eslandola

I hope I didn't miss anyone this time around:

For ESL For MAR
Maxim I Bregir
Faladrin Phred
Capt Wolf Silentwolf
Sir Stig Kolonialbeamter
Professor Thaum Bodi
Captain Braunsfeld Ayrlego
MKJoshA

Full Table:

For ESL For MAR
Cat A
  Bregir Silentwolf
  Mike S Gideon
  Silentwolf Blackdeathgr
  Ayrlego robinnilson
  Captain Braunsfeld Brandon Stark
  Maxim I Dr Spock
  Legostone MKJoshA
  Capt Wolf pombe
  Elostirion  
  Sir Stig  
  Kai NRG  
  Kaiju  

Cat B
  Captain B Mesabi
  Faladrin dr spock
  Professor Thaum Kolonialbeamter
  Maxim I MKJoshA
  Legostone Bregir
  Sir Stig Ayrlego
  Capt Wolf  
  Garmadon  
  Kai NRG  

Cat C
  Captain B Kolonialbeamter
  Maxim I MKJoshA
  Faladrin dr spock
  Kai NRG Puvel
    France Clarke

Cat D
  Professor Thaum Bodi
  Captain Braunsfeld MKJoshA
  Legostone Kolonialbeamter
  Garmadon  
  Maxim I  

Cat E
  Maxim I Bregir
  Faladrin Phred
  Capt Wolf Silentwolf
  Sir Stig Kolonialbeamter
  Professor Thaum Bodi
  Captain Braunsfeld Ayrlego
  MKJoshA  

Total Entries by faction:

Faction Total For ESL For MAR
Totals 65 37 28
Corrington 10 4 6
Eslandola 28 28 0
Oleon 14 0 14
Sea Rats 13 5 8
Edited by Legostone

3 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@Legostone My entry is actually for ESL. I moved it around already for you though.

Oh, that is great :D I guess I owe you a proper readthrough and a comment for messing that up ;)

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

@Legostone My entry is actually for ESL. I moved it around already for you though.

Thank you :) And to everyone else that supported us in this unfortunate series of events.

5 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

@Gideon posted an entry for cat E on flickr last week, I assume something came up and he wasn't able to post here (or at least I haven't seen it).

I'd like to petition that it be included as well, as it is (like all his work) simply stunning.

Thank you for the kind words!
My jungle temple is included as the 32x32 build in Phred's entry which is the collab this was built for. The entry even got it's name from my build :classic: 

Category C results are in!  But I must warn you folks, beware! - you'll be reading of terrible things happening out there in the far seas!

Do not read within 25 minutes or less of having eaten your last meal.

:laugh:

Congrats to the winners, and thanks once again to all the entrants! :pir-sweet:

3 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Category C results are in!  But I must warn you folks, beware! - you'll be reading of terrible things happening out there in the far seas!

Do not read within 25 minutes or less of having eaten your last meal.

:laugh:

Congrats to the winners, and thanks once again to all the entrants! :pir-sweet:

Is there a way we can get feedback about our entries for this challenge? 

6 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I'll PM you with some overall stats and such that might interest you as well as my own thoughts, and will go ahead and ask in the courts if any of the other judges have something else to add to that! :pir-classic:

10 hours ago, Maxim I said:

First of all : congrats to the winners!

I am seconding Maxim on this point. It could be great to have our note and some Judge comments on our builds, that could be great to become better builders. I am always happy to have a constructive comment even if it's to say my build is not a good one. In this category in particular I went out of my comfort zone and style, and would be happy to have a feedback on this.

48 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

am seconding Maxim on this point. It could be great to have our note and some Judge comments on our builds, that could be great to become better builders. I am always happy to have a constructive comment even if it's to say my build is not a good one. In this category in particular I went out of my comfort zone and style, and would be happy to have a feedback on this.

Just a quick comment on this (my personal opinion): Judging is already a time consuming effort, and while I would like the judges (me included) to aim at giving more feedback when judging, what I think we really need is a bit more of a culture of everyone taking their time to comment constructively on builds. :pir-blush: I suppose that is why so many people write C&C welcome, eh :pir-tongue: Point is, those who do the judging are already putting in a lot of time, so finding the time for more in depth commenting might be difficult, especially if the responsibility is placed on only a few people. I would love for all of us to put a little more effort into our comments, at least for those who ask for feedback in their builds.

That said, we are discussing how we (as judges) can give more feedback. :pir-blush:

8 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Just a quick comment on this (my personal opinion): Judging is already a time consuming effort, and while I would like the judges (me included) to aim at giving more feedback when judging, what I think we really need is a bit more of a culture of everyone taking their time to comment constructively on builds. :pir-blush: I suppose that is why so many people write C&C welcome, eh :pir-tongue: Point is, those who do the judging are already putting in a lot of time, so finding the time for more in depth commenting might be difficult, especially if the responsibility is placed on only a few people. I would love for all of us to put a little more effort into our comments, at least for those who ask for feedback in their builds.

That said, we are discussing how we (as judges) can give more feedback. :pir-blush:

To be honest, I am very happy with the feedback I received of Garmadon as now I can place a bit more why I did not win the challenge... The feedback of other players was very positive, but how the public see sth is different as how judges look at a MOC (greatest example is Eurosong :laugh: ). 

In other words, based on the public opinion, I was kinda sure I would have ended in top 3 in this challenge, but after hearing the arguments of the jury, I can see why not and what I have to do to win the next time I put so much money, time and effort in an entry...

Well, Maxim, personally I would like people to be a bit more critical when commenting on my builds. Of course, it should always be constructive, and not all things to change,but it is nice to have something to work with. Many comments do tend to be focusing on mainly the things to praise. :)

A useful tool for constructive commenting (for me) is to start out with something positive, then some suggestions for improvement, and lastly, some more positive. That helps avoid people being left with the impression that it was all bad, and that people only come to be critical. :) ( It is the same feedback system we used in the army, and it worked well there :) )

4 minutes ago, Bregir said:

It is the same feedback system we used in the army, and it worked well there

lol, the military is the same world over! Down here it's known as the 'bath tub' method.