Sign in to follow this  
Barduck

WIP Portland firestation n°7

Trying to model the old firestation n°7 from Portland Oregon. It's not in use as a firestation anymore but I really like the building's look. Just not able to find pictures of the interior how it was when still in use. Developing it as a sort of very large modular (so it'll be standing on a corner, and at each end a modular building will be able to connect) Still a whole lot of work (and then I'll still need 4 engines for it, as there are 4 bays) The original it is based on: http://emerick.thisisthebrigade.com/projects/sketchbook-fire-station-no-7/

31641568724_9587831b72_z.jpgWIP Portland firestation n°7 by Barduck12, on Flickr

You have picked a truly beautiful building to re-create.  Can't wait to see your updates. Good luck!

The synchronicity is unbelievable and astounding. My father used to work at the company directly adjacent to this building. I remember passing this building on the sidewalk several times. Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see more of your progress. There's actually another old fire station in Portland that is being repurposed. 

Edited by Beck

31677230954_e4e0eb6cf7_z.jpgPortland firestation n°7-3

changed the bay dooropenings in the front, they are a bit larger now so they align better with the windows from second level. The floor of second level is just for the moment, don't know how I'll devide everything yet.
6000+ bricks and counting

32383139282_733ccb8090_z.jpgPortland firestation n°7-4

Bays are larger now (even 10 wide trucks shouldn't be a problem). Done some more work on the windows and second level (keep in mind, the floor of second level is tempory). Also been playing arond with the piece above the window of second level, not to sure about normal red though, more leaning towards dark red although that would make it to dark actually) Stil a whole lot stuff to be done

interesting station, would love to see pictures of the inside in its original form. do you know much of the Fire fighting history around this building? I'm curious to know what method they used to dry their hose after use, I don't see a hose tower which was the most common method from this era.

as for the MOC it's coming along nicely, I imagine by now LDD is starting to fight you due to the model size you've got here. keep up the great work, i'm very curious to see this completed. what era of truck where you planning on building for this? something modern, or something more 1920/1930s to match the age of the building?

Edited by GallardoLU

there's some history of it on the firefighters site of Portland, the only thing I can't find are pictures of the inside when still in use. The station was, as far as I know, sold in the 70's, most probably I'll try to model trucks from that era. Or I could just act as if still in use today and do modern trucks, haven't decided yet. Anyway, for the time being the building will not be build in bricks. Moving to a bigger house in a few weeks with gigantic cellar, but promised the girl I wouldn't spend to much on lego as we're planning to buy it in a few years, renting it first