murphy_slaw

Bulk Lego Lot: An adventure in Lego archaeology

I bought a large lot off of OfferUp two weeks ago. It was 95% loose pieces and had a bunch of partial Star Wars sets, but I wasn't feeling much confidence that there was enough to reassemble any full sets. However, last weekend the seller contacted me to let me know that she has found a second big bag of Lego while cleaning out the garage and asked if I was interested. I picked that up as well, and found that many of the pieces were from the same sets as the first lot! 

I suspect I'll be able to recover at least a couple of large sets from the lot. It came out to be about 20lbs total for 100USD.

From unique pieces, I have at least partials of the following sets:

• 8039: Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser
  • 7662: Trade Federation MTT
  • 4482-1: AT-TE
  • 8019: Republic Attack Shuttle
  • 8088: ARC-170 Starfighter
  • 8056: Monster Crab Clash
  • 8941: Rockoh T3 (Bionicle)
  • 4611: Police HQ (Jack Stone) 
  • 7676: Republic Attack Gunship
  • 8097: Slave I (3rd edition)
  • 6097: Night Lord's Castle
  • 7659: Imperial Landing Craft

So far I have managed to reassemble Slave-1. I'm only missing the cockpit windscreen, the minifigs, and two bley mailboxes (which I subbed with some white ones I had on hand.)

32333804852_e0a898b614_c.jpg

I'll follow up to this post with anything else I manage to reassemble. So far the Venator looks like the next most likely candidate.

Managed to assemble this much of the Venator before running out of the correct Technic liftarms. Aside from that, the set looks mostly complete so I figure it's worth bricklinking the missing parts

:31732483864_82cfe39e2b_c.jpg