Murdoch17

Fairbanks Morse H10-44 (yard switcher) - Railbricks MOD

This loco is basically an updated 2017 version of the Railbricks Fairbanks Morse H10-44 engine that was built by Jeramy Spurgeon back in 2007 for the Hobby train set number 10183. (It didn't make it into the final set but was considered for it) I was also inspired by this topic here on Eurobricks by user dx0. I wanted to make it in orange like his model, but decided on yellow after looking at the Technic 1 x 4 brick, which doesn't come in that color.

32361049101_57319bc26f_z.jpg

The elongated model features a new slope brick that actually very closely mirrors the real loco, along with space for railways initial tiles and printed numbers. I am going to name this loco WFP number 7004. (WFP stands for Wabash Frisco & Pacific, which is the name of a 12 inch gauge ride-on railway in St. Louis, MO. They really have a Fairbanks Morse-like loco there numbered 704, so this engine is partially inspired by that!)

32361049151_fcd2810c19_z.jpg

The rear of the loco features the cab door and the tail-light.

The LDD file is available here if anyone wants it. (UPDATE: I revised the underside of the engine to be beefier, along with a bunch of other small modifications. The LDD file and pictures are updated as of 1/24/17.

Comments, questions and complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Look good. I think a sticker in the front and some detail on the roof would really bring this to the next level. I would also add something underneath the bogies to make them look beefier.

Do you think there would be space to put Power Functions in it? Maybe by using the 9v battery box in yellow?
Or are you going to run it with a 9v train motor?

Either way, it's a lovely locomotive. Good job!

19 hours ago, McWaffel said:

Look good. I think a sticker in the front and some detail on the roof would really bring this to the next level. I would also add something underneath the bogies to make them look beefier.

31688794983_5f029f49e1_z.jpg

I remade the under side like so... I also updated the LDD file and pictures. Is this any better? Thanks for the compliment by the way!

19 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Do you think there would be space to put Power Functions in it? Maybe by using the 9v battery box in yellow?
Or are you going to run it with a 9v train motor?

Either way, it's a lovely locomotive. Good job!

Thank you! 9v or 12v are the only ways to power this directly, but I don't use motors, so it doesn't really matter to me. You could have a PF car push the loco, but beyond that it's hand powered.

Looks a lot better now. I was actually talking about in between the first and second and third and fourth axle but I like what you did anyway. Good job