kc2dc

Lego City Fair amusement park (with many MOCs)

What do you think of this fair.  Most rides were created by a fellow AFOL friend of mine. I wanted to make a video to show off his MOCs.

Very neat. Although I feel sorry for most of those people on those rides...I'd be sick in no time!

Clever ideas all around. I really like the pully system for the roller coaster, although I can't quite make out how it was done.

I gave thought to an amusement park/fair MOC, but then Friends came out with a series, and now it just seems like I'd be copying them. Oh well, it wasn't a priority and you really need moving parts to make it impressive for LEGO conventions.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow this is amazing, where to begin. The motorization of everything is so cool and the plethora of rides and functionality is impressive. Amazing collection of MOC rides. Fantastic builds and amazing amusement park. 

Holy moly! I've never seen so many amusement park rides running at once. Your friend has done an amazing job. I particularly like the haunted castle and the roller coaster.

That's really amazing, everything is in motion so the whole scenery comes to live.

I especially like the go carts with the magnets and I have some questions about it since i would like to do something similar with cars in a city:

1: Do you use another magnet under the tile?

2: What's the distance between the two magnets/magnetic piece?

there is so much motion and action, but it becomes slightly eerie when you notice all the stationary minifigs in contrast just frozen there

17 hours ago, Stefaneris said:

That's really amazing, everything is in motion so the whole scenery comes to live.

I especially like the go carts with the magnets and I have some questions about it since i would like to do something similar with cars in a city:

1: Do you use another magnet under the tile?

2: What's the distance between the two magnets/magnetic piece?

Thanks everyone for all the comments.  Even though he does shows, he never posts on social media so it's cool to get some feedback from other afols.

The gokarts do use two magnets and they basically both touch a plate that is the thickness of a standard tile. He used graphite powder to keep them from sticking to the plastic too much.   I'll take some pics of it apart as soon as I can and show you how it works.

Edited by kc2dc