jjelectricva

Are we going to see the Dark Forest monsters from the Book Of Monsters in sets?

Reading the actual print version of The Book of Monsters, it features some really awesome Dark Forest themed monsters, such as the tree monster and a mushroom guy and a plant villianess.. However the latest releases seem to have a dedicated stone monster/gargoyle theme. Does anyone know what this may mean, will sets released in summer/fall 2017 maybe show some of these characters theyve hinted at, or are they simply just content that made its way into the book, which came out during production of the first wave of NEXO sets, and we will never see them in any actual sets? I for one think the Evil Forest monsters look amazing and would love to see them as minifigures/ brick built figures (Preferably minifigs or BigFigs, im not a huge fan of built characters, too many joints and Technic-y parts to look cool as molded figs)

While I would really like to see the forest and water monsters be released in physical form it doesn't seem likely at this point.  From the rumoured/leaked names this year's summer wave will continue the rock/storm enemies.

I'm afraid not... it's like some guys already predicted, it's to make the actual print version of TBOM more interesting, not to spoil 2017 villians. TBOM now is the Cloud of Monstrox, and he's no longer summoning monsters from his book.

Offcourse nobody knows what 2018 will bring, but i'm definately not counting on any sea and/or forest monsters.

Yeah thats what I figured, but its such a shame that we're not going to get the forest themed monsters.. They really would make amazing figures and although Im a huge fan of the rock/gargoyle theme (especially the purple & grey  color scheme) its really disappointing to not have them in physical form. I was really hoping that the book was a teaser of things to come, but from the way the series is progressing it seems unlikely at this point.

If Nexo Knights sells well enough to warrant a fourth year of sets, I think it's entirely possible that they are released in physical form. Fan demand for them in huge from what I can tell across several sites.

Next year's monsters are almost certainly going to be the "Final Boss" villains, and since Monstrox is a necromancer I would guess that they will be some variant of undead monsters/ phantoms.

I really want that mushroom monster minifig; but I doubt TLG will make it (unless, as BrickJagger pointed out, Nexo Knights lasts longer than three years).

LEGO would be missing out big time if they skip out on the forest and ocean villains. Those are some of the best figures I've seen. 

15 hours ago, froggy95 said:

LEGO would be missing out big time if they skip out on the forest and ocean villains. Those are some of the best figures I've seen. 

I second this, plus I hope they'd do new "water" and "wood" elemental parts, similar to ones they recently added for fire and lightning. Plus water is my favourite of the classic/Greek elements.

Edited by pawcanada
Re-phrasing a sentence.