Hi guys! Today I'm happy to show you my lastest moc. As you can see by the title it is a mack granite truck and for more precision a GU813! This one:

16242646246_c90b010032_b.jpg

Personnaly I think that these truck are one of the most beautiful trucks!

And here is my lego version:

DSCN3642

It is powered by two xl motors (6x4) ,one servo and two pairs of pf lights

It's not finished yet, but it will be ready soon! The top and the back of the cab are always one of the most difficult part in the build (I think). I use the same color as my Caterpillar but this time all the truck is black, and with red and white stripes

At this point I'm very proud of how it turns out. And just for you to know, I've starded this two days ago (the hood,bumper and cab) the chassis was already built for an other truck but this one took is place you can see the blueprint of a scania LT146 under it!

Some more pictures:

DSCN3643DSCN3644DSCN3645DSCN3646DSCN3647DSCN3648DSCN3649DSCN3650DSCN3655

Thanks for reading! Hope you like it.

Don't hesitate to post if you have any question or remark! There will be more updates this week and maybe it will be finished!

Liking the hood, looks great. By the way, you might want to take some better pictures, when you finish, so we can admire the details.

Nice new project you have started! Always a good thing to see that my work inspire people. Thanks for your support and for having such a great time building these nice trucks... Good luck with finishing it! :-)

Brilliant so far just one thought have you considered adding the other two steerable lift axles t make it more unique? But still it is really going good.

But the truck on the first photo is a five axle dumptruck, is yours going to be a five axle truck or is it going to stay a three axle truck?

12 hours ago, Technivor said:

Thanks! For the suspension it is 2legoornot2lego's mack granite and scania system!

For me it looks like a mix of few Ingmar's trucks. Both chassis and cab.

Edited by M_longer

2 hours ago, jono rocky said:

Brilliant so far just one thought have you considered adding the other two steerable lift axles t make it more unique? But still it is really going good.

Thanks but it will stay a three axles truck. The picture was just to show you the cab and Hood of truck! I had already made one with two steerable axles for my Caterpillar so I don't want to try for now!

9 minutes ago, M_longer said:

For me it looks like a mix of few Ingmar's trucks.

What do you mean by mix only the axles or the entire truck?

5 hours ago, Technivor said:

What do you mean by mix only the axles or the entire truck?

I do not see exactly what you have put inside the frame, but at first look it looks like mix of these two:

PICT04c.JPG

IMG_2374S.JPG

5 hours ago, M_longer said:

For me it looks like a mix of few Ingmar's trucks. Both chassis and cab.

Hope you are wrong and truck is being build uniquie, maybe just inspired by Ingmar's great projects!
The other way coping is not bad if you tell the truth about it.

I have the same feeling just M Longer have and looks at first side off a mix from Ingmar designs and loved his work.

Still i have hope that Technivor give it his own twist.:wink:

My 2 cents... I would agree with M_longer and Edwin Korstanje.  At first look many details in both body and frame mimic exactly those found in Ingmar's truck.  I think it's ok to build your own concept based on seeing images of an existing lego MOC but would be appropriate to cite such inspiration as well.

17 hours ago, motomatt said:

My 2 cents... I would agree with M_longer and Edwin Korstanje.  At first look many details in both body and frame mimic exactly those found in Ingmar's truck.  I think it's ok to build your own concept based on seeing images of an existing lego MOC but would be appropriate to cite such inspiration as well.

I know that it look like a mix of these two trucks and I assume that I have taken some inspiration from some parts but its not very strange that they look similar when the real truck looks like a mix of these too! For the frame, the rear axles will probably be just there for now because I try to modify my Caterpillar's axle setup because it was only made for AWD, when the front driven axle was removed the gears had problem (cracking gears)!

Edited by Technivor

My 2 cents, good for Technivor if he is able to reverse engineer Ingmar's trucks.  If he builds the truck exactly piece by piece, then takes it apart and changes it to make it his truck, I think that is awesome.  

Even if he "copys" the truck, so what? How many other people completely copy someone else's build (with or without instructions) because they love it so much.  

Technivor, your truck is looking great, I look forward to seeing the progress.  Keep up the great work!!! :)

30 minutes ago, aminnich said:

My 2 cents, good for Technivor if he is able to reverse engineer Ingmar's trucks.  If he builds the truck exactly piece by piece, then takes it apart and changes it to make it his truck, I think that is awesome.  

Even if he "copys" the truck, so what? How many other people completely copy someone else's build (with or without instructions) because they love it so much.  

Technivor, your truck is looking great, I look forward to seeing the progress.  Keep up the great work!!! :)

Thanks! I've never built any of his trucks but I would like to. When I want to know how a moc is built or its mechanic I normally take pictures of it even if they are not so good. This is how I have found how to make Ingmar's chassis:sweet: but if I could buy is instructions I would do it without hesitation for is mack vision but for now I can't.:cry_sad:

2 hours ago, M_longer said:

Sorry, but for me it looks like Ingmar's truck in different colour scheme.

I get the same feeling here.....

3 hours ago, M_longer said:

Sorry, but for me it looks like Ingmar's truck in different colour scheme.

Honestly, so what.  :classic:

I'm being blunt, because you have made the same comment multiple times.   Technivor answered your question politely, even though it could be seen as hostile by some.

There's only so many ways to skin a lego cat.  You're not paying any entry fee here.  It's not a contest entry, and he's not selling instructions.

It's a great truck. :wink:   

Edited by andythenorth

I think it's a great truck too. How many models look like other models? Probably most of them..... 

I wish I could do that kind of work with system bricks. Well done. :thumbup: 

It is a great truck, I couldn't build this from scratch, but it does look a whole lot like Ingmars trucks.

And I agree also, he is a great inspiration source.