Legopard

[MOC] Halls of Thranduil

Hello fellow elves, orcs, hobbits and humans,

this creation comes directly from the second Hobbit movie: The Halls of Thranduil

32310018252_f9f29b5a03_c.jpg

32310018652_71f59595e3_c.jpg

While watching the movie for the first time the capital of the Woodland Realm already caught my attention and with the first Comic Con in Stuttgart, Germany,last year I had the perfect chance to build and show my version. I had a few challenges to deal with while building, but I'm pretty happy how it turned out. One was the sheer size of the original halls. My layout is already quite big, but to fit in all elements, I had to scale down a lot. 

32310020362_077845bee5_c.jpg 

Next to the inside I built the outside of the halls with a few trees to indicate the location of the halls in the Mirkwood Forest.

32310017682_b0ff9fb4d9_c.jpg

32310016232_7630491b39.jpg

I hope you like it. For higher resolutions of all pictures check them out on Flickr.

Jonas

32066609610_a670c86765_m.jpg

Edited by Legopard

Ooooh, awesome! The interior is the best part IMO, but the trees and landscaping outside is still pretty awesome, not to mention the incredible gateway, that throne is probably my favorite small-er details... Keep it up! :D

Excellent build, amazing details! The Elven architecture is really well represented. I actually like the shredder helmets, would be a little better in gold maybe.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and the nice work, I'm glad you like my creation that much!

On 23.1.2017 at 9:15 AM, kaelthas said:

Wow, just wow! How long did you take to finish this?

Something around three months in total.

Best, 

Jonas

Edited by Legopard

So much to like about this build, everything in fact! I have to echo the others on admiring your Elvish architecture :wub:
Great work pulling off the tricky transition from outdoors to inside the mountain via the excellent rockwork :thumbup:The water and landscape designs are amazing as well, inside and out!

Man, you never cease to amaze me, Legopard! Another phenomenal build! The landscaping is absolutely terrific, and I love the "all-in-one" feel it has to it.