Sign in to follow this  
Isundir

The Mad Dog (Free Build)

32337450801_cb89a2c927_b.jpg

32080479390_0e3c1fc51f_s.jpg: Woah man, can't believe they'd send out all this security for one prisoner, must be one helluva bastard this one.
31615587294_d0844be895_s.jpg: Heh, you haven't heard sonny, this is non other then Lupin ' the Mad Dog' Vandimion. He's the talk o' all the towns.
32080479390_0e3c1fc51f_s.jpg: Wha-what!? You mean that psycho who butchered his own family.
31615587294_d0844be895_s.jpg: Yeap, they had to gag him. Wouldn't stop raving about being some noble lord, Reinhard o' Sternvale or something, guy's a complete nutter. And o' course, he be claimin he ain't done it.
32080479390_0e3c1fc51f_s.jpg: Bah, if you ask me they should execute these freaks on the spot, what's with the Inquisitors though?
31615587294_d0844be895_s.jpg: Well, I reckon they must suspect something occult or demonic be going on. All I hear say, he was found surounded by bits and pieces what was left of his family, covered in their blood. Wait, did you just hear someth-...

32080492990_17230dc51e_b.jpg

Greetings all, made this in two hours today (due to time constraint 2 to 4 hours is about all I have to work on MOC's per week). I hope you like the MOC and the, albeit a bit grim dark, story so far. Due to not being a native English Speaker/Writer I find this method of story telling which I've taken from Andromeda's Gates to be the best way for me and I hope it'll be allowed. I plan to keep building a new story segment each week.

As a bonus check out these Avalonian Inquisitors, the Avalonian Inquisition specializes in the hunting down of Demons, Blood Magic users (such as wicked witches) and other dark things that can not stand the light:
32080490390_62481c46b8_z.jpg

Edited by Isundir

Nice build :thumbup: Though I think the ridge is just too straight to seem completely natural, the story is quite nice. Keep them coming!

2 hours ago, TitusV said:

Nice build :thumbup: Though I think the ridge is just too straight to seem completely natural, the story is quite nice. Keep them coming!

I agree, thanks for the feedback :classic:

I love those "elephant trunk" pieces in tan used for mushroom stalks; they look so fungus-y and delightful! I agree with Titus on the ridge, but beyond that, it is good to see you back!

The posing of the ambushmen (especially with the capes) is epic! :knight::thumbup: Aside from posing, I like the fig combos in general. Nice mushrooms as well, though personally, I wouldn't have placed them on bare rock. Intentional or not, the straight ridge with the row of flowers on top looks like some kind park or flower garden, which would make sense for Avalonia. Anyway, good job! :classic: 

51 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I love those "elephant trunk" pieces in tan used for mushroom stalks; they look so fungus-y and delightful! I agree with Titus on the ridge, but beyond that, it is good to see you back!

29 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

The posing of the ambushmen (especially with the capes) is epic! :knight::thumbup: Aside from posing, I like the fig combos in general. Nice mushrooms as well, though personally, I wouldn't have placed them on bare rock. Intentional or not, the straight ridge with the row of flowers on top looks like some kind park or flower garden, which would make sense for Avalonia. Anyway, good job! :classic: 

Thanks for the feedback guys, I also agree with the Mushrooms, next time I need to place some moss or something and no that wasn't intentional :tongue:

Neat scene and in two hours :thumbup: I really like what you did with the capes in the wind and the mushrooms stalks. The figures look great as well, especially liking the ambush-ers and the Inquisitors' combos. 

Excellent!  I like the long wavy stems on the mushrooms!  The overall effect is very nice.  I like the way the story is told between two people in a conversation style as well.  I thought that they were walking past a manicured garden at first because of the straight line, but this gives me good ideas for gardens, too!  Well done!

Very nice build, the piece usage for the wavy mushrooms is great, and I like the fig posing. :thumbup: Besides making the ridge less straight, as others have mentioned, I think adding some 1x1 pebbles to the road would be nice, to break up all the 2x2s you have now. If you have the pieces, adding a little more variety to the foliage would look good too :classic:

On 22-1-2017 at 8:30 PM, Merc4Hire said:

Neat scene and in two hours :thumbup: I really like what you did with the capes in the wind and the mushrooms stalks. The figures look great as well, especially liking the ambush-ers and the Inquisitors' combos. 

On 23-1-2017 at 4:52 AM, Windusky said:

Very nice MOC! Like how you did the flowers. :wink:

On 23-1-2017 at 5:24 AM, Grover said:

Excellent!  I like the long wavy stems on the mushrooms!  The overall effect is very nice.  I like the way the story is told between two people in a conversation style as well.  I thought that they were walking past a manicured garden at first because of the straight line, but this gives me good ideas for gardens, too!  Well done!

On 23-1-2017 at 2:38 PM, LittleJohn said:

Very nice build, the piece usage for the wavy mushrooms is great, and I like the fig posing. :thumbup: Besides making the ridge less straight, as others have mentioned, I think adding some 1x1 pebbles to the road would be nice, to break up all the 2x2s you have now. If you have the pieces, adding a little more variety to the foliage would look good too :classic:

Thanks everybody, agreed LittleJohn, will definitely do that next time.

The story method you used here is quite effective. Great fig posing with the ambush too :thumbup:I'll have to remember that bush design, pretty neat :classic:

Nicely done Isundir! I agree with titus on the ridge, but in theory it could have been straightened as part of making the road.

I really like where this story is going and look forward to seeing the aftermath of the ambush. For me the ridge is no problem as it reminds me of Roman roads or a well maintained Avalonian path between two estates that cuts into the hillside. Though if well-maintained then how did the ambushers manage to pull this off! Makes me want to know more!