Murdoch17

Retro F7 diesel locomotives (A & B units) + 1950's passenger train - real MOCs

These diesel F7-like locos were inspired by set 10020, (Santa Fe Super Chief) and my dark bluish gray with white / light gray stripes train cars. The cab and booster units feature no interior details because I have no need for such items on my layout.. that and retrofitting all my trains with inside stuff would be quite costly. The name of this train these engine's pull is a play off the Missouri River Runner, a real train that Amtrak runs from Kansas City to St. Louis. The Meramec River runs next to the Wabash Frisco & Pacific, so I switched the name to the Meramec River Runner for my railroad.

32065043640_39fb175aa4_z.jpg

The number 7301 goes on the sides of the nose just before the windscreen, while BRS (standing for my railroad's name, Brick Railway Systems) should go in the middle of the cab unit's sides, just above the fuel tank. (I don't have all the tiles yet, so their is a blank spot for the railway name)

32403065626_43c9524b63_z.jpg

The nose features two headlights and a split windscreen.

32065043020_9f21fafd39_z.jpg

The rear of each of the locos feature doorways to the next engine compartment, and / or the passenger train itself.

32403065806_c6753b08b2_z.jpg

Combination baggage and passenger car. (I built these cars a while ago, (about 2 years) but they needed better pictures and go with the newer diesel locomotives, so here they are.)

32065043250_89f3e87c6a_z.jpg

three identical passenger coaches

32403065866_aaca07a599_z.jpg

The observation coach of the Meramec River Runner. This car lacks the letters BRS (standing for Brick Railway Systems) but it is owned by that line.

32065043410_0dbaf71bcd_z.jpg

The train cars by themselves are inspired by the Wabash Frisco & Pacific passenger cars, except these are dark gray and not blue.

Their is no LDD file for this train, but comments, questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome!

On 1/21/2017 at 10:40 PM, dr_spock said:

Interesting they look like trains in black and white photographs.  :classic:

Thanks Dr Spock! They remind me a bit of the New York Central "lightning stripe" scheme.