Sign in to follow this  
dulsi

Failure Thread

Figured I'd start a thread for people to scream about their failures. A while ago I tried to make a stop motion movie with my raccoon car. I read up a lot so that I knew what to do. Everything setup with lights, background, a stable holder for camera, etc. I took probably 30 pictures before I realized that where I stood sometimes blocked the light. Sure enough it would flicker when you run the pictures together.

Tried again last night. This time doing a video with my Spiderman landspeeder. I borrowed Thor, R2-D2, Luke Skywalker, Spiderman, and Obi-Wan from my son. Took pictures of the speeder approaching the cantina. Everything seemed to be alright. I wished I had a larger scene to shoot but I don't have the bricks to build a better environment. Finished that and started to take apart the desert ground to build a larger cantina inside. That's when I noticed I forgot to swap Luke's head with Spiderman. I was rushing too much due to needing to get the figures back to my sons before the end of the night.

I hope to eventually have a video to post on this forum.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:51 PM, dulsi said:

Figured I'd start a thread for people to scream about their failures. A while ago I tried to make a stop motion movie with my raccoon car. I read up a lot so that I knew what to do. Everything setup with lights, background, a stable holder for camera, etc. I took probably 30 pictures before I realized that where I stood sometimes blocked the light. Sure enough it would flicker when you run the pictures together.

Tried again last night. This time doing a video with my Spiderman landspeeder. I borrowed Thor, R2-D2, Luke Skywalker, Spiderman, and Obi-Wan from my son. Took pictures of the speeder approaching the cantina. Everything seemed to be alright. I wished I had a larger scene to shoot but I don't have the bricks to build a better environment. Finished that and started to take apart the desert ground to build a larger cantina inside. That's when I noticed I forgot to swap Luke's head with Spiderman. I was rushing too much due to needing to get the figures back to my sons before the end of the night.

I hope to eventually have a video to post on this forum.

Don't fret; failure is part of the process. Good luck with the next attempt!