Sign in to follow this  
Raskolnikov

Video if anyone's curious how the ISD Tyrant opens up

Seeing your hands together with that Tyrant only makes it look even bigger. :laugh:

Love the video, and of course the Star destroyer,  but a commentary would have been great! I love the way the shuttle folds up, that's superb.

That is one of the most delightful things I've seen in a while.  So well engineered!  I agree, though, that I'd like to hear your commentary about it- the way you were moving in the video made it feel like you were talking us through it, but then decided to go with just the music track instead.  :wink:

Thanks for sharing - that was great!  :sweet:

5 hours ago, LaPasnaille said:

I would play whole hours with this beauty... I'm still amazed by your job!!

This. And I have to say I enjoyed this film more than several movies.

Cool. How heavy is that middle terrace section (the big one)? It looks hige but you seem to hold it and swoosh it with ease :)

Thanks guys!

But were you wearing the camera? :classic:

Yep, it's a cheap GoPro type of thing.

I agree, though, that I'd like to hear your commentary about it- the way you were moving in the video made it feel like you were talking us through it, but then decided to go with just the music track instead.

Yeah, exactly, the plan was to do a more thorough tour, but it was hard to see the interior spaces.  And sometimes things were cut off at the bottom of the screen but I didn't know it, etc.  Was planning on re-filming it or something, but a couple months went by and I hadn't gotten to it.  So I figured I'd recut it into just a quick video showing how it comes apart.

Cool. How heavy is that middle terrace section (the big one)? It looks hige but you seem to hold it and swoosh it with ease :)

That's a little less than seven pounds (aka, around 3 kg I think).  Parts of it are fragile, but it's not going to break or anything so long as you pick it up from the right spots.  A lot of things on the ship are not terribly user friendly like that...you sort of need an intimate knowledge of the ship to be able to move it, etc.

Wonderful. Thanks for the info. This is trully one-of-a-kind creation. May the well deserved fame be with you :D

As if I wasn't in love with this build already the video just has me drooling. What I'm most in awe of is how beautifully it looks whilst being engineered to perfection. 

Its designed and built like an actual real life super car but in imperial bley bricks. The final build quality is just that good.

You deserve that well earned beer my friend. ?

I was in awe watching how easy and sturdy each piece came off and was moved around. Great video on it. Just really cool. 

Aw, thanks again.

Have to ask, do you get scared when visitors come over? =p

Not really, a group of five people came over to see it earlier this month, including a five-year-old kid.  I've never had any issues with the the ship tipping over, and I've walked into it pretty forcefully by accident. So I'd think a five-year-old would need a running start. 

The parts of the Tyrant that would be most in danger would be all the different chunks of the ship that I removed, like in the video -- don't really have a place to put all of them.  But probably the worst that can happen is that some fragile greebling gets messed up, and that's easily fixed. 

I probably should have been a lot more worried about that Slave 1 in the background.  I think a five-year-old could send that set flying off its stand pretty easily.

That was very interesting and impressive to watch. The possibility of opening it up makes the build even more outstanding.

Are you sure you didn't start out with the goal of making a transformer base or something, and it evolved with your love of SW? All those flaps and things... just crazy! Awesome!

is that TIE/in on your tv stand an MOC?

When I clicked on this, I was kind of expecting a question about how the Aggressor opens up.  But yeah, that certainly is.  It's just the 9492 with different wings/solar panels.

I hadn't actually seen that until now... that would be awesome. Usually though I don't have a bajillion dollars to spend on legos, and I like to look at more medium-ish sized things that are more solid and accurate than TLG's.Those wings do look much nicer. Nowhere near as nice as the Aggressor, though.