Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

Book II Chal V Cat A: Summons for the Loyal

Built for category A of Challenge V, for the Alliance side. The path design was inspired by Thorsten Bonsch’s Orsinium. It was fun experimenting with the path here, albeit time consuming.

A messenger gallops through the lands of Kaliphlin, spreading the word of the return of the true king of Historica! Perhaps 'gallops' is a poor choice of words though, as the camel seems content with a slow walk, much to the messenger's distress.

Overview-2.jpg

End.jpg

Close.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

The path is what really stands out here... and stand out it does - fantastic curve and really great dual-colored texture!  The loaded camel and desert vegetation look really good too! :thumbup: 

The path is great, LJ, as others have said, but to me what stands out most is the level of polish that the build displays. That is largely due to the fact that not a single stud is showing outside of the foliage at the top of the tree. The SNOT landscape is very effective for that. Excellent work! Maybe the messenger will even get there on time...

Very much agree with everyone, the path is oustanding! And the smoothness of the surrounding terrain compliments the path ever so much.

Fun little read as well, I chuckled at the messengers face after reading about how slow the camel travels. 

I have seen the path-design before, but never so well-done, and never with dark tan in between. I think thatreally adds an extra touch and makes it fit perfectly into the Kaliphlin desert. :thumbup: overall pretty amazing!

4 hours ago, Alfadas said:

The path looks really nice, the foliage looks great! Good entry!

Thanks Alfadas!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

The path is what really stands out here... and stand out it does - fantastic curve and really great dual-colored texture!  The loaded camel and desert vegetation look really good too! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai, I thought the curve of the path turned out nicely too :classic:

3 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Great entry !

This path is really outstanding ! I like it !

Good job !

Thank you, Faladrin!

3 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The path is great, LJ, as others have said, but to me what stands out most is the level of polish that the build displays. That is largely due to the fact that not a single stud is showing outside of the foliage at the top of the tree. The SNOT landscape is very effective for that. Excellent work! Maybe the messenger will even get there on time...

Thank you very much, HQ! Haha, maybe :laugh:

2 hours ago, Tilenull said:

Beautiful path!

Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Amazing moc LJ! Great path there

Thanks Gunman!

7 minutes ago, Merc4Hire said:

Very much agree with everyone, the path is oustanding! And the smoothness of the surrounding terrain compliments the path ever so much.

Fun little read as well, I chuckled at the messengers face after reading about how slow the camel travels. 

Thanks, the SNOT landscaping was fun to do :classic: Glad you liked the little story as well!

5 minutes ago, TitusV said:

I have seen the path-design before, but never so well-done, and never with dark tan in between. I think thatreally adds an extra touch and makes it fit perfectly into the Kaliphlin desert. :thumbup: overall pretty amazing!

Thanks Titus! :classic:

As many others have said : The path is great and the SNOT landscape looks good with the colors you choose !!

I also like the packed camel, well done !!!

20 hours ago, BrickCurve said:

All perfect!  The path and surrounding landscaping look particularly great!  

Thanks a lot, BC! :sweet:

20 hours ago, don leopold said:

As many others have said : The path is great and the SNOT landscape looks good with the colors you choose !!

I also like the packed camel, well done !!!

Thanks don, the camel was fun to do :classic:

18 hours ago, Windusky said:

Loving it John!!

The SNOT landscape works beautifully here! Good choice to add some dark tan rocks, and the bush and tree finish it off nicely :thumbup:

That path steals the show though :wub:

This is a really cool build.  I have been looking and re-looking at this over the past several days.  I always see something new, or something new about it strikes me.  I love the detail on the palm tree, the way the path wends through the desert but still has definable edges, the slight curb on the edge of the path, the smoothness as Henjin noted, even the direction of the small OD-green plants lining up in clumps... really well done.  I am very impressed by this and it has given me many ideas for my own builds.  Awesome!

On 1/23/2017 at 8:20 AM, soccerkid6 said:

The SNOT landscape works beautifully here! Good choice to add some dark tan rocks, and the bush and tree finish it off nicely :thumbup:

That path steals the show though :wub:

Thanks Isaac, I liked the addition of dark tan rocks too :classic:

On 1/23/2017 at 1:58 PM, Isundir said:

Fantastic, the path and sand is sexy as heck.

Thank you.

On 1/23/2017 at 8:17 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

The landscape is excellent, but the path takes the cake! :thumbup: And the camel rider's expression is perfect. :laugh:

Thanks! :classic:

On 1/23/2017 at 11:25 PM, Grover said:

This is a really cool build.  I have been looking and re-looking at this over the past several days.  I always see something new, or something new about it strikes me.  I love the detail on the palm tree, the way the path wends through the desert but still has definable edges, the slight curb on the edge of the path, the smoothness as Henjin noted, even the direction of the small OD-green plants lining up in clumps... really well done.  I am very impressed by this and it has given me many ideas for my own builds.  Awesome!

Thank you very much, glad that you like it! :sweet:

On 1/24/2017 at 0:11 AM, Blufiji said:

What a beautiful viginette.

Thank you, Blufiji.

1 hour ago, Mpyromaxos said:

Amazing path in a great  viginette!

Thanks, Mpyro! :classic: