Sign in to follow this  
henrysunset

Are these the 7 best custom LEGO Architecture Skylines?

Now that the LEGO Architecture Skylines series is in it's second year, with a total of six sets released so far, We are seeing some amazing fan-made models in the style of the official sets.

I just wrote an article highlighting the very best of these custom models.  (Before selecting my favorites, I created this Pinterest board where I collected all 24 custom Skyline models I've found so far.)

Paris-Cecilie_Fritzvold-cropped-600x349.
Paris Skyline, by Cecilie Fritzvold

Immediately recognizable despite its tiny scale, what's not to love about this Paris Skyline?  I really like how closely it follows the style of the official sets.

Budapest-docbali-600x450.jpg
Budapest Skyline, by docbali

This is another excellent model that follows the style of the official sets very well.  It's worth noting that this model is one of the first examples to layer a building behind a bridge for a more interesting composition, preceding the same effect which is used in the new 2017 sets.

Dubai-Anscott2-600x382.png
Dubai Skyline, by Anscott

While it is far too large and has an oddly shaped base, there is a lot to love in this Dubai skyline.  It's interesting to see how different builders are expanding on the skyline concept.

You can see all seven of my favorite models at brickarchitect.com

Sincerely,
---tom

P.S. Have you found or created an awesome Skyline model that isn't included on my pinterest page?  If so, leave a comment below so I can add it to the collection!

Thanks for pulling those together and sharing, Tom.  The faults you identified aside, I really like that Seoul set.  Paris though, wow.  Tough to argue there.

also, on your site you list Tokyo as "Toronto Skyline"

-Kevin

@KevinMD, Thanks for pointing out the bug on my website - I've since fixed it!

I hope that people continue to create amazing models inspired by the Skyline sets, and will continue to update my Pinterest collection as I find great new examples!

---tom

I appreciate the effort and work here, but the tease and link elsewhere isn't appropriate.  Your posts on Eurobricks should be on Eurobricks and not a way to promote another site.  We're not free ad space for other sites.

Please include the entire article or I'll have to lock this topic.

Thank you.