Sign in to follow this  
Antak

Exoforce Bad Guy Vehicle Revamp (Combat Crawler X2)

These are some mods to Exoforce set 7721-1, Combat crawler x2. This was a set almost no one bought, It was gappy, weird, hard to find, and expensive. I managed to get a sealed one for less than 30 dollars after the series was cancelled in 2009, and rather liked the idea of the model.

combat_crawler_x2_front_by_antak3000-das

All legs are now jointed, canopy added to the front for the main pilot. the cannon at the top has been adjusted to fit the gunner better, The middle pair of legs has been connected differently both to accomodate the joint an so they line up with the front and back pairs of legs. Extra armor has been added to the chasis as well, though its not too noticeable, this set was actually pretty beefy for an exoforce model

viper_x2_detached_by_antak3000-dasslgs.j

Combat crawler now has a retractable frame on the front that covers the secondary cockpit. the connection between the 2 models has also been fixed so it doesn't fall apart from use.

combat_crawler_front_by_antak3000-dasslj

combat_crawler_artillery_deployed_by_ant

I love that it has stabilizers for its giant artillery piece.

combat_crawler_prison_by_antak3000-dassl

Added a roof to the prison so the pilot couldn't easily climb out

cannon_controls_by_antak3000-dasslle.jpg

The drone has a reasonably well defended seat up here. the controls were on the original set, but it only came with the 2 robots. Also, the original gun hinge caused it to smack the robot in the head if you decided to pivot it, and had an ugly connection with a bionicle piston

viper_x2_front_by_antak3000-dassli1.jpg

The Viper x2 (as I so named it) recieved a lot of attention. It had a neat leg design, but the execution was really sloppy, Gaps have been filled in everywhere, and I added an actual cockpit. Feet were shortened

viper_x2_back_by_antak3000-dasslip.jpg

I removed the technic plates on its legs to get rid of the holes, The connection on its back was heavily reinforced and can no longer slide off. All parts on the back have been swapped out for black, including the technic bushing.

exoforce_battle_by_antak3000-dassl0a.jpg

The Combat crawler showing off its rudimentary leg joints. Thanks for looking! any comments or feedback welcome.

Edited by Antak