This is the worst, and stupidest movie of all time right? Like what they heck are they thinking.... 

I'm bringing this up because they some how managed to bring on an A list actor... That's right Sir Patrick Stewart will be playing the Poop Emoji...

From Professor X to Professor Poop what is he thinking.... 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/patrick-stewart-voice-poop-emoji-emoji-movie-965588

I hate this movie with such a passion :damn:

14 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah, that movie looks stupid!

Have you seen this?

This movie is so ridiculous.... And I hate it when people say "oh we didn't expect the LEGO Movie to do well so we'll see" NO JUST NO everyone always says that and I hate it! 

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

This movie is so ridiculous.... And I hate it when people say "oh we didn't expect the LEGO Movie to do well so we'll see" NO JUST NO everyone always says that and I hate it! 

Because LEGO is awesome and emojis are not :tongue:

Hey look: LEGO Emoji! :wink:

13 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Because LEGO is awesome and emojis are not :tongue:

Hey look: LEGO Emoji! :wink:

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

The emoji movie is just a bad idea full stop. How can you care for caricatures of emotions? 

8 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The emoji movie is just a bad idea full stop. How can you care for caricatures of emotions? 

Well some really talented studios can make caricatures of emotions just fine... :wink:

Since it's coming out in August, and looks particularly terrible, I ended up daring my girlfriend to go watch it with me while BFVA is going on at some point. If nothing else, it'll be a memory of its own. 

This is one of those social trends the pop culture industry should have never been able to think up a movie for.

4 hours ago, Young Leo said:

This is one of those social trends the pop culture industry should have never been able to think up a movie for.

Well stated. I don't think anything else can really be said about it! 

1 hour ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Well stated. I don't think anything else can really be said about it! 

Maybe soon we'll get a Gangnam Style movie :sick:

8 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Maybe soon we'll get a Gangnam Style movie :sick:

Realistically that will never happen - not enough serious appeal to the Western world.

Metaphorically I will have lost all hope in Hollywood if something like that happens.

Every time I see emoji anythings, be it merch or this movie, I feel like it's a bunch of older-middle aged marketers desperately trying to appeal to a younger generation they don't really grasp. It pains me so badly.

On 1/20/2017 at 7:02 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

Every time I see emoji anythings, be it merch or this movie, I feel like it's a bunch of older-middle aged marketers desperately trying to appeal to a younger generation they don't really grasp. It pains me so badly.

That's exactly what this movie is, along with a cash grab. I can't wait to see this movie bomb. How they convinced Stewart to do this...is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

How they convinced Stewart to do this...is beyond me. 

Um, they gave him money? Lots of money. He has been doing a lot of off beat commercials lately too. Maybe since he really hasn't had a job in Star Trek in years, and only does work on X-Men occasionally he was happy for the chance to make quick money! :laugh:

Who am I kidding, still looks like an awful movie...

3 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Um, they gave him money? Lots of money. He has been doing a lot of off beat commercials lately too. Maybe since he really hasn't had a job in Star Trek in years, and only does work on X-Men occasionally he was happy for the chance to make quick money! :laugh:

Who am I kidding, still looks like an awful movie...

Oh, I'm aware of the power of the almighty dollar...I just thought, without knowing him personally, that he wouldn't stoop to such a low(and I mean LOW) just for money. Especially to play poop...

"It's my pleasure to announce our first movie." -Meh Emoji

latest?cb=20160730113748

I mean, do the Sony executives seriously have the gaul to honestly believe that they're hit a gold mine that will secure them a movie franchise that will last them until the end of time? :iamded_lol: I haven't seen this amount of self assuredness since Pokemon: The First Movie!

This movie won't bomb. It'll make it's money, because emojis, those little icons you use on social media to help convey tone, are apparently all the rage with kids. The poop emoji has slippers and a hat so it looks like your wearing a swirly piece of dog feces with a face on you noggin. There's also little plushies for the faces as well. I mean, I don't see the appeal at all of surrounding oneself with actual poop, but somehow marketers managed to do it.

That's not saying the film will be good, but bad movies do make their money back. Look at the Smurfs, or Alvin and the Chipmunks. This is obviously fallout from The Lego Movie being successful: take some product without any real sense of a narrative and slap "The Movie" onto it. That's not saying it can't work. The thing with The Lego Movie  is that it was actually an excellent movie.

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I mean, do the Sony executives seriously have the gaul to honestly believe that they're hit a gold mine that will secure them a movie franchise that will last them until the end of time? :iamded_lol: I haven't seen this amount of self assuredness since Pokemon: The First Movie!

They definitely do. There was a bidding war for the rights to this movie. It was Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. and Sony. Sony was the one that pushed the hardest and wound up coming out on top.

I think clearly the merch can sell and that makes sense to me. Like it's cute to get little emoji keychains and little purses. I get that. Being a movie enthusiast, this movie looks like the s*** emoji and I truly hope and pray that this movie will make no money because you can't make a movie around fricking emojis. The only way, THE ONLY WAY is if you go the Wreck it Ralph root and the Emoji's leave their app and go to other popular apps like Candy Crush or Temple Run etc. If it's that.... Maybe.... But it's still unoriginal. 

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"It's my pleasure to announce our first movie." -Meh Emoji

latest?cb=20160730113748

This movie won't bomb. It'll make it's money, because emojis, those little icons you use on social media to help convey tone, are apparently all the rage with kids. The poop emoji has slippers and a hat so it looks like your wearing a swirly piece of dog feces with a face on you noggin. There's also little plushies for the faces as well. I mean, I don't see the appeal at all of surrounding oneself with actual poop, but somehow marketers managed to do it.

That's not saying the film will be good, but bad movies do make their money back. Look at the Smurfs, or Alvin and the Chipmunks. This is obviously fallout from The Lego Movie being successful: take some product without any real sense of a narrative and slap "The Movie" onto it. That's not saying it can't work. The thing with The Lego Movie  is that it was actually an excellent movie.

They're making a Playmobil movie as well now apparently. No doubt that's why they've been suddenly acquiring IPs like Ghostbusters and Doctor Who.

2 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They're making a Playmobil movie as well now apparently. No doubt that's why they've been suddenly acquiring IPs like Ghostbusters and Doctor Who.

I had to go look up the Ghostbusters and Doctor Who stuff. Honestly, if I was ten, I'd be all over that Playmobil Ghostbusters. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

I had to go look up the Ghostbusters and Doctor Who stuff. Honestly, if I was ten, I'd be all over that Playmobil Ghostbusters. :laugh:

It's so random. Playmobil's not the obvious choice for Ghostbusters.

Sir Patrick Stewart is voicing the poo emoji...the fact this movie facilitated my ever writing such a statement precipitates my absolute disdain for this film.