Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - Jan FB2] Surveying Celestia

After his brief stop in Stormhaven, Major Dirk Allcock and his expedition have continued to their destination in the East Prio Sea. Here they have began to explore the islands that have been claimed by Corrington, namely Celestia, Cascadia and Garma's Key. He has slowly, yet methodically, made his away along the coast line, and has made a series of preliminary charts. Soon he will have compiled a preliminary map of Queen Annetta's latest possessions, complete with recommendations for future settlements. His main focus has been on Celestia. A much larger island than any claimed by Corrington so far, it is covered with verdant and thick jungle, much thicker and wetter than the colonies in the Sea of Thieves area. Large mountain ranges are visible in the interior.

For now he has identified the site he believes is the most suitable for Corrington's first settlement in the Prio Seas. On the Western side of the Island, a large spit of land forms a huge natural harbour that he has dubbed Vanilla Lagoon after the abundance of the valuable epiphyte growing amongst the trees of the jungle on the leeward side of the bay. On the Southern side of the bay, opposite the promitory formed by the southernmost point of the spit, the jungle thins on a flat plain. It is here Dirk plans on establishing Jameston, named for Queen Annetta's Grandfather, King James IV of Corrington.

31568362133_2c97103846_c.jpg

Here he can be seen making landing on one of the beaches to the east of the settlement site.

---

I've been planning this one since October but it just never seemed to come together. :pir-blush: Several large BrickLink orders of 1x2 trans-blue tiles later and the motivation of the need for the scene for both the RPGs that I participate in, and here it is (finally). Jameston will be established shortly, and Major Allcock will be planning a mini-challenge to explore into the interior hopefully soon. The boat design is from Lego Monster's US Navy whaler on flickr, although the seating is quite fragile, the hull holds together well!

Very nice landing scene ayrlego, the boat looks great and so does the driftwood on the beach! :thumbup:  Great palm trees also!

Neat build, Ayrlego - as Kai said, the vegetation looks great as usual, and the boat is quite nice as well!  Some of my favorite details are the turtle and seaweed on the beach, however! :pir-wink:  Great to see some expeditions out to the new islands! 

Another beautiful creation, Ayrlego :wub:

I really like the way you depicted the water - can almost hear those waves, and those dark tan bits of rock shining through the water - great details. Apropos great... that's what the vegetation is, too :thumbup: I think I'm gonna steal that palm tree design using two sorts of leaf bricks :thumbup:

Great to see you Reddies finally having arrived on Celestia - hope you have an exciting expedition.

Fantastic looking landing scene, as always! The vegation is wonderful, as is the beach, but what really caught my eye was the boat and its crew. Great work! The boat has some nice shaping, and the crew looks so very alive!

Also, Montoya is itching for new scientific adventures, and has already written for a vessel to convey him to Celestia! (*Moc'ing in progress!*)

Great scene! The beach is particularly well detailed. I like the rockwork; it's just the right amount (whatever that is! :pir-grin:). Excellent vegetation. And I'll have to take a closer look at that boat and figure out how to steal it build it myself.

Another great build from you! :thumbup:

Thanks All!

On 1/21/2017 at 2:50 AM, Capt Wolf said:

And I'll have to take a closer look at that boat and figure out how to steal it build it myself.

Like I said above, I totally ripped it off from flickr, link above. The detail shot that Lego Monster (Ed Diment) provides below shows how it works, all his genius!

I actually recreated it in LLD when I was away from my Lego last November, then ordered the slopes from BL when I got home.

4171870616_75e8cefda7_z.jpg

US Navy Whaler secrets of the build by Ed Diment, on Flickr

I still haven't commented on this wonderful MOC? Well, now I have!

Your jungles just keep impressing me. The water and the beach (with the patches of kelp) are great as well, but that jungle man, that jungle!