Bob De Quatre

[MOC] ARES-3

Beautiful and so curvy, but has the imposing heavy guns. I wonder if you considered different trans-light blue parts like the 1x2 grill sort or 1x1 round tile? It is just such a smooth ship overall that the studs on the engine seem a bit out of place. Great color blocking too. Another classic from Bob!

55 minutes ago, ZCerberus said:

I swear I saw this in some docking bay somewhere!

Just in case anyone did miss it:  Docking Bay 410

The shape, color scheme, greebling, and everything else about this is just awesome!  It translated so well into real brick- especially that smooth cockpit action!  I really want one for my fleet... let us know when the first Ares dealer opens a showroom in this sector.  :sweet:

She has some lovely curves! Really, an exquisite and wholly unique ship, wonderful design!

Great use of those new curved tiles. I love the subtle greebling too. Could you point me to which canopy piece that is?

1 hour ago, MassEditor said:

She has some lovely curves! Really, an exquisite and wholly unique ship, wonderful design!

Great use of those new curved tiles. I love the subtle greebling too. Could you point me to which canopy piece that is?

My guess is it's this one:

Bricklink to Jedi Interceptor

Wow! Those smooth curves... :wub: Beautiful design, and the cockpit is excellent. :thumbup: How did you achieve such smooth curves on the engine? I cannot seem to make my attempts work. On the other hand, do you still have the LDD file, and would you be willing to share it? Also, I need to buy some of those quarter-circle tiles...

Thanks everyone :blush:

18 hours ago, Kodan Black said:

Beautiful and so curvy, but has the imposing heavy guns. I wonder if you considered different trans-light blue parts like the 1x2 grill sort or 1x1 round tile? It is just such a smooth ship overall that the studs on the engine seem a bit out of place. Great color blocking too. Another classic from Bob!

I tried a lot of different solutions. That one looked the best.

12 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

My guess is it's this one:

Bricklink to Jedi Interceptor

That's the one... hard to find and rather expensive :sceptic:

4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Wow! Those smooth curves... :wub: Beautiful design, and the cockpit is excellent. :thumbup: How did you achieve such smooth curves on the engine? I cannot seem to make my attempts work. On the other hand, do you still have the LDD file, and would you be willing to share it? Also, I need to buy some of those quarter-circle tiles...

The trick for the curve is to carefuly place the pivot between two parts. I'm working on the instructions, but I'll sell them for a few bucks (I'm sorry, but I need some Lego money :look:). That said, the LDD file of the old Ares is available on my website. The quarter round tile is really great!

7 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

The trick for the curve is to carefuly place the pivot between two parts. I'm working on the instructions, but I'll sell them for a few bucks (I'm sorry, but I need some Lego money :look:). That said, the LDD file of the old Ares is available on my website. The quarter round tile is really great!

I will have to continue my experiments. But I'll definitely check out the older LDD, thanks for sharing it!

Incredible shaping and of course another beautiful MOC. I really would love to see what's going on under all those bricks and how they are connected. ;-)

That is a interesting looking ship. The shape of the spaceship is stunning.

The color scheme is very nice an appropriate for the minifig. :laugh:

Although I see a chance to add something unto to Bionicle armor, it's simply stunning!
Love the color decrading pieces and shaping, she's a beauty! :laugh::wub:

On 25/1/2017 at 4:12 PM, -zenn said:

Although I see a chance to add something unto to Bionicle armor...

I had to change the Bionicle armor used, and couldn't find a good way to use the two pinholes on them without getting in the way of the "flow"... But I agree, that something should be done, but I just don't see how... :classic:

Bob, why do you post these great builds here instead of Andromeda's Gates? You're losing out on so many points!

This has just the most incredible curves and angles. Always amazing to see some build and have no idea how it was made.

Brilliant Bob.

Edited by PaddyBricksplitter