Ron Dayes

[MOC] SC Koenigsegg Agera R

Hi,

This is my new attempt at a car i build quite a long time ago.

Back then LDD didnt have the rims and wheels sizes - Now we have em, so i finally gave it another round ;)

Enjoy!

32358243035_0f795747a5_z.jpgKoenigsegg Agera R by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

32319020436_2bb0956b18_z.jpgKoenigsegg Agera R by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

32358242125_1a31e2a316_z.jpgKoenigsegg Agera R by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

32358241295_f2cfcdfcbc_z.jpgKoenigseg Agera R by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

32358240855_93d7e3b825_z.jpgKoenigsegg Agera R by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

Edited by Ron Dayes

I find it as being really tall. Is that part of the design?

Otherwise, I really like it, particularly the rear. You always seem to use lots of pieces cleverly.

4 hours ago, letsbuild said:

I find it as being really tall. Is that part of the design?

Otherwise, I really like it, particularly the rear. You always seem to use lots of pieces cleverly.

Thanks for the praise!

yeah, exactly - its the same height as the Corvette. I thought i make it exactly as high since all speed champions seem to share the same height somehow. I also did different approaches on this one in city scale being less high and more "realistically" proported. Maybe you like that one better

32214941642_627d2cb4b6_z.jpgCity Scale Koenigsegg Agera.lxf by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

Just now, Ron Dayes said:

Thanks for the praise!

yeah, exactly - its the same height as the Corvette. I thought i make it exactly as high since all speed champions seem to share the same height somehow. I also did different approaches on this one in city scale being less high and more "realistically" proported. Maybe you like that one better.

Yes, I do like that one better.

Nice return to the Agera, definitely has a Speed Champions flair to it, had you been able to submit this years ago in the SC contest I think the results may have been quite a bit different. (that said I do like the older style one best, and I too have been drifting away from SC style builds)

On 18.1.2017 at 0:29 AM, letsbuild said:

Yes, I do like that one better.

yeah, seems city scale is more to your liking ;)
That SC build aint the best in proportion, but otherwise it would fit in well with the offical ones...

9 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Dang, that thing looks cool!!

Thanks man! Glad you like it!

7 hours ago, GallardoLU said:

Nice return to the Agera, definitely has a Speed Champions flair to it, had you been able to submit this years ago in the SC contest I think the results may have been quite a bit different. (that said I do like the older style one best, and I too have been drifting away from SC style builds)

Yeah perhaps 2nd place^^, it definately aint no match for your pagani you won the contest with! That was a sraight A+ - but at least we get updates for LDD now, back then it seemed like the programm was doomed to die. Funny though the old Agera even made 3rd place or 4th for not being an "actual" SC since it didnt meet the criteria. I hear you on this. The "Speed Champions" tend to look much better if you size em down to city scale with the older mudguards. Simply because of the proportion shift to a more real look. I tend to see it as the product line bringing us new parts for MOC ideas i can now finally complete (digitally). Many of those new parts i really have longed for about a decade to happen :P

BUT its quite fun building the sets in real life. I was amazed how good they look compared to cars they made before them ;)

Keep on building mate!

Example of updating the old version with new parts:

32214941642_627d2cb4b6_z.jpgCity Scale Koenigsegg Agera.lxf by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

Brilliant replica of the Agera - not to keen on the colour but it this does not change the fact that you have done such a good job on replicating accurately the overall shape of a rather difficult design. 

Very well done!